Friendly reminder... Get tested regularly

Thanks Slinky ...So it's a misdemeanor and not a felony in NY State according to the research you did and the links you provided Thanks again

So it's not a felony - however when the person he infects put a hammer to his temple while he is sleeping - I suspect that may be a felony.

I think if you have sex with someone while you have AIDS and you do it on purpose, it is like an assault.
I agree that it is not a fraud that will get you jail time.

What would be helpful would be a list of places to get free or low cost STD testing.
The suggestion of an unnamed place on Flatbush is kind of a good start.
Planned Parenthood is an option.
Good idea. How about places in Suffolk County (Ronkonkoma / Medford area) for free or low cost - anonymous - testing?

What would be helpful would be a list of places to get free or low cost STD testing.
The suggestion of an unnamed place on Flatbush is kind of a good start.
Planned Parenthood is an option.
After googling some online, it seemed CityMD would accept my insurance and I'd get the appropriate testing done. The location I went to looked professional and clean. However, when I got there, they wanted nothing to do with my insurance -- would not even look at it. Said *I* had to call the insurance and ask them if STD testing was covered. Seemed complicated so I nixed CityMD as I did not want to pay upfront and then find out that my insurance was not really going to pay for it, or only pay 50% or w/e.

Now, before moving on from that, two things: First, they said it would be $200 to see the doctor and $100 for the rapid test, so $300 total. It seemed there was also a choice for a non-rapid test but I was already gone by the time I realized this so don't know if the price on that was the same. Second, Waterclone, in your first post to this thread you mentioned you used CityMD, can you say how payment with you worked with them?

In any event, I went to a city clinic expecting a non-optimal situation... ended up at the Corona location and was pleasantly surprised: Clean, professional, thorough. Was in and out in about an hour. Basically two interviews, blood withdrawn and finger prick, urine sample, and inspection and discussion with a doctor.

One con was the bathroom for the urine sample was in the basement and took some gymnastics to get the sample as there was no place to really put down the cup, vile and syringe thing. The other con was there was no possibility of anonymous visit although they claim the information provided is kept discreet. I thought all info was reported to a central database but apparently with no personal information. I'm still not keen on this. The pros were free, complete, and free condoms (did not expect that (although it is now obvious this would be the case), name brand and NYC ones, and now wish I had taken more of them).

The HIV test you find out about before you leave. The other tests, looks like about 9 of them, but I'm now realizing I don't know exactly which ones are being done, will be reported in 7-10 days. If there is a positive they will contact you. They also provide you a card with a unique pin which you can either phone into or view on a website to find out your results whether positive or negative.

Lastly, the doctor did tell me I should get a Hep shot and said they gave them there, but, with everything going on, not sure why I didn't end up getting one. So I expect to go back at some point to get that.

Wanted to bump this post, I had just recently signed up today after being a lurker for a while to remind everyone that health safety is definitely one of the most important things for this hobby.

Just wanted to give a PSA to make sure everyone stays healthy so we can continue to enjoy our mongering experiences together.

Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to bump this post, I had just recently signed up today after being a lurker for a while to remind everyone that health safety is definitely one of the most important things for this hobby.

Just wanted to give a PSA to make sure everyone stays healthy so we can continue to enjoy our mongering experiences together.

Thanks guys
Welcome to UG, jondingo!

A PSA as a first post! Nice!

V

I cut my hand and needed to visit CityMD for a tetanus shot. As long as I was there I got a full STD panel. Of course, everything came back fine. I didn't expect anything, but still, there is always that sigh of relief to get the clean bill of health.

My last test was over a year ago, and it took an injury to get my lazy but to the clinic.

Average hobbiests should probably get tested twice a year. Those partaking of BBFS should do so more frequently. I don't know how much more. Probably at least quarterly, if not more often. Ask your doctor.
So, when was the last time you got tested? Don't wait for an excuse like I did.
With the right provider nothing beats good old fashion DFK. Even though you both get the mouth wash treatment is there serious danger lurking?

Human papilloma virus (HPV) is another major cause of one form of tonsil cancer, called squamous cell carcinoma. ... Because the tonsils are part of the lymph system, some lymphomas may develop there first. Common tonsil cancer symptoms. Many tonsil cancer patients may not notice symptoms, even after their diagnosis.

I have a friend with stage 4 cancer (He is 57) you can say a good guy, no smoking, drinking, exercises,Vegan diet - did enjoy his mongering but never got into to much detail. His cancer is diagnosed as CUP - Cancer unknown primary, it started in Lymph nodes and what was three cancer cells turned into 50, once surgery began. He is at the best cancer hospital. His Oncologist said that HIPV is often missed and could be the cause. It seems the cancer treatment industrial complex talk a good talk, but besides the talk, surgery, radiation, chemo, great TV commercials - progress has been very slow. Definitely improved operating techniques, but treatment, cures. prevention after billions invested is nowhere. In fact cancer is on the rise!

I won't start any threads, and limit my conversation, because I have not seen or heard of any study. I think it more common sense. You have to wonder what lurks out there, and it seem to me that with the exception of a few types of cancer, treatments remains as it has in the 70's.

DFK, Daty, off the my menu!