First Impressions

The Cuban - Garden City
Time to get back to normal - going out to eat!

What a pleasant place! I was taken out on a date last night, and this was his choice. I must say, the food was fantastic. The service was on point. Drinks were tasty. And the live music - being played and sung by a blind man - was amazing!!

We ordered :
View attachment 7110 View attachment 7111 View attachment 7112
And the Cuban Sandwich.

Everything tasted great. The service was very fast, but there was no rush to leave.

Definitely my favorite experience thus far. The company, the food, and the festivities following dinner were exactly what I was looking for!

If you haven’t tried it, I definitely encourage you to do so. We sat outside since they have outdoor seating right now.

Enjoy,

~Sophia Belle
Been there a many times, food is good and service is great, i believe on Fri or sat they also have live music and dancing.. Gotta love that latin flavor and heat

The Tellers rib eye use to be orgasmic to me. I know taste buds change. But, the last few times I had it have been underwhelming. I think they started using too much seasoning salt.

I have't got to One10 yet. I was hoping they would have an industry night, like the old Four in Melville use to on Monday nights. Where all the hot Hamptons and Manhattan bartenders/hostesses/waitresses, that lived on Long Island, would go to party. Some of the hottest collection of women I have ever seen in my life and it was right here in Suffolk County. I wouldn't have believed it, by I saw it with my own two eyes. Miss those nights!

that’s actually one of my favorites... but so far Majors has my top spot
IMO the best steak house in on Northern Blvd in Manhasset, Bryant & Cooper. My job used to afford me the chance to give them all, and hands down, they’re the best. Of course you have to get the right cut of meat at each place. I’d never order anything but the filet at Ruth’s Chris, always the Porterhouse at Peter Lugar’s and B & C.

I have heard good things about Farmingdale Meat Market. I will give them a try. I will say ... I like to grill and smoke. I find the best bang for the buck is Sterling brand from Uncle Guiseppe's. The price is between supermarket and butcher. I am by no means a pauper ... but the prices charged by butchers are crazy.

I have heard good things about Farmingdale Meat Market. I will give them a try. I will say ... I like to grill and smoke. I find the best bang for the buck is Sterling brand from Uncle Guiseppe's. The price is between supermarket and butcher. I am by no means a pauper ... but the prices charged by butchers are crazy.
They are mostly wholesale to restaurants and you can almost always see their little box trucks driving LIE into queens and on way to Hamptons. I've even seen one of their trucks on I95 in Conn.

They have a small retail operation and prices are good. Their preformed steak burgers come off the grill the same size as when they go on — with no flare ups.

I drove by the other day and they had a line down the sidewalk - I guess because of father's day.

They are mostly wholesale to restaurants and you can almost always see their little box trucks driving LIE into queens and on way to Hamptons. I've even seen one of their trucks on I95 in Conn.

They have a small retail operation and prices are good. Their preformed steak burgers come off the grill the same size as when they go on — with no flare ups.

I drove by the other day and they had a line down the sidewalk - I guess because of father's day.
I don't know about now but their hours were very limited about a month ago. I'm sure that doesn't help with the lines either.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Both are excellent, to me nothing compares to Lido Kosher Deli for Kosher Deli food. Based on Matzoh Ball soup alone, Pastrami King doesn't hold a candle to Lido. Both great sandwiches.
Went to Lido Kosher Deli this past Saturday and was disappointed.
Previously they had incredible Pastrami, but on Saturday it tasted like supermarket grade.
I asked the friend who had recommended it in the first place and he agreed.

I think you need a wholesale account to make purchases here
?

They have a retail counter that I have used — like forever.

Also from their website as far as home delivery:
"To make this economically possible, we have to have order minimums.
If you live in Farmingdale in the 11735 Zip Code we have a $50 minimum.
All of Nassau County and Western Suffolk County has a $100 minimum.
Out East (North Fork and South Fork, Hamptons) has a $150 order minimum."

Went to Lido Kosher Deli this past Saturday and was disappointed.
Previously they had incredible Pastrami, but on Saturday it tasted like supermarket grade.
I asked the friend who had recommended it in the first place and he agreed.
I'm surprised. I go there after and never had sub par food. Give it another try.

I'm surprised. I go there after and never had sub par food. Give it another try.
Often*

There seems to be a shrinking amount of good kosher delis to choose from—Bens has gone downhill over the years as well
There is a Kosher Deli at 1110 Old Country Rd, Plainview. I haven't been there in a couple of years but was pretty good at the time. Parking is difficult so you need to park in front of 1120 OCR or in the back lot of that building.

Ps. If the address seem familiar see: https://utopiaguide.pl/forums/index.php?threads/1120-old-country-road-plainview.45530/

I just came back from Farmingdale Meat Market. Got two rib eyes. I will be grilling tomorrow and reporting back! They look good. Let's see how they taste! NO LINE. But i got there right before they closed and as soon as I ordered Ilooked up and there were 3 or 4 people waiting to order.

There is a Kosher Deli at 1110 Old Country Rd, Plainview. I haven't been there in a couple of years but was pretty good at the time. Parking is difficult so you need to park in front of 1120 OCR or in the back lot of that building.

Ps. If the address seem familiar see: https://utopiaguide.pl/forums/index.php?threads/1120-old-country-road-plainview.45530/
Ty
That is Regal Deli.. I have taken out from them some time ago.. Food was just ok.. Boomys which went out of business years ago was good..