Favorite Fast Food spots that are gone forever!

pswope

One out of three
1. The Wetenson guy owns Bistro Le Steak on UES ( 76th & 3rd)
2. Papya King on 86th & Lex
3. Re Chat & Chew- my Qgf(a non-working girl) and this crazy NYU student working girl were both hostesses there. I took li'l swope there sunday & saw the owner(they have some real hot waitresses including this blonde 6 footer. that guy Alan must be quite a playa)

jl:

I think that physical exercise would help you become infinitely flexible emotionally; thereby allowing you to have the best sex possible with every woman you met.

Do use the Listerine, however, while limbering up before your sessions. There might be complaints.

Best, etc.

Judge Crater

(What's that sound? My tummy growling?)

Usta be a little place on the Causeway between Tampa and Clearwater named the Blue Crab. In the early 70's-when I was a growing boy-on Wednesday, they had all the raw oysters you could eat, and all the Michelob draft you could drink for $5. I think I started to grow shells on 2 sides of my body...

pswope

One out of three
Nathans when it was owned by Sol handwerker. great dogs,great thick fries. Remember when the bikers put acid in the sauerkraut at the Oceanside location during the '60s.

Brooklyn............no more Kosher Delis

Even though I'm a Greaseball, I grew up on the Lower East Side and eating in Jewish delis was like second nature to me.
Unfortunately, Brooklyn has suffered a tremendous loss in that department.

There used to be Zei Mars in Brighton Beach, Grabsteins in Canarsie, Smolinskys in Bensonhurst, and a few others that I havent thought about in 25 years.

I dont understand it.............Brooklyn hasnt run outta Jews.

Go figure.

Francis Albert

Roy Rodgers.
Had some of the best fried chicken for any fast food restaurant.
They were in every area. Now I dont see any of them.

The Original Shatzkins Knishes next to Nathans in Coney Island.
Gone forever and missed by this poster.(not too sure how to spell the name)

Last edited:
Roy's Not Quite Gone

Originally posted by BigMadM
Roy Rodgers.
Had some of the best fried chicken for any fast food restaurant.
They were in every area. Now I dont see any of them.

The Original Shatzkins Knishes next to Nathans in Coney Island.
Gone forever and missed by this poster.(not too sure how to spell the name)
For a list of locations try:
Find a Roy's

Last edited:
Originally posted by jp1064
Here's one and it's still open (just barely)

The Red Apple Rest route 17, Tuxedo NY. A legend in it's own time!
It's still there but you should point out that it's on old route 17.

Why do fat people always say they don't eat anything? Unless you can get fat thru osmosis or have some rare glandular problem, then it can be assumed that you got that way from over eating at some point. This kind or reminds me of the time a "fat" friend and I ordered a pizza pie (8 slices) and I had two slices while he claimed to be full after having only one slice. But when I went to throw out the pizza box there was only one slice remaining.

(Who knows??? maybe David Copperfield was there and I didn't notice)