Ethical question about posting a review

I recently went to an AMP for a legit massage. On my two or three prior visits the service was legit only, its reviews by others note that to be the case, and its pricing structure is one associated with legit-only service. To my (pleasant) surprise, the girl offered extras. I do not know whether the represents a general change in the facility's level of service or whether the girl just wanted some extra money. Making a couple more visits and seeing different girls might clear up that point, but I probably won't have the chance to return for quite some time.

Would it be proper for me to add a review noting the extra service? I'd have no hesitation doing so if I knew that the AMP has indeed changed its level of service. If my experience was just the result of a particular girl's eagerness for more money, however, making my experience public on this site could have some undesirable consequences: if the mamasan found out she might get really strict with the girls, if LE found out this AMP might end up on its radar, and at the very least some mongers may head there and wind up disappointed.

Thanks for any advice.

I recently went to an AMP for a legit massage. On my two or three prior visits the service was legit only, its reviews by others note that to be the case, and its pricing structure is one associated with legit-only service. To my (pleasant) surprise, the girl offered extras. I do not know whether the represents a general change in the facility's level of service or whether the girl just wanted some extra money. Making a couple more visits and seeing different girls might clear up that point, but I probably won't have the chance to return for quite some time.

Would it be proper for me to add a review noting the extra service? I'd have no hesitation doing so if I knew that the AMP has indeed changed its level of service. If my experience was just the result of a particular girl's eagerness for more money, however, making my experience public on this site could have some undesirable consequences: if the mamasan found out she might get really strict with the girls, if LE found out this AMP might end up on its radar, and at the very least some mongers may head there and wind up disappointed.

Thanks for any advice.
Ask her if she wants reviews.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Ask her if she wants reviews.
I hope you were being sarcaatic.
Rule of thumb is not to bring up UG.
If you're the type of guy who normally writes reviews then write one.

Thanks for any advice.
I think you should write the review but hedge it the exact same way you did in the post.

Make sure to mention that this place has always been legit and that this girl was the first to offer extras.

Make sure you give the girls name and an accurate description so anyone going in after you knows which girl is giving the extras.

Could this still backfire?
Sure, there are a lot of really stupid people reading this board. They could fuck it up for the girl.
Or the owner of the place could be monitoring the board or maybe he sees the review while doing a Google search.

I think you should write the review but hedge it the exact same way you did in the post.

Make sure to mention that this place has always been legit and that this girl was the first to offer extras.

Make sure you give the girls name and an accurate description so anyone going in after you knows which girl is giving the extras.

Sure, there are a lot of really stupid people reading this board. They could fuck it up for the girl.
Or the owner of the place could be monitoring the board or maybe he sees the review while doing a Google search.
FWIW.
I used to go to a legit place in Flushing. I would go there right after I frequented my FS girl elsewhere. My usual girl was booked so I ended up with a new one.

To make long story short:
I got FS
I posted a review listing services received and girls name
Next week I was there, while getting massage from here, guys would enter the place, ask for the girl, and when told she was busy would leave.
Week after that I was told that the girl was fired.

My ethical take (and what my policy is): I the place is legit for 1st couple of visits and priced legit, you do not post review about extras although it's fine to mention the "really top notch massage"

Discretion is required. Maybe a new code word. This girl has potential ymmv?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Discretion is required. Maybe a new code word. This girl has potential ymmv?
I don't like that.
I'm not big on "codes" because then we get bogged down on what the codes should be, guys inventing their codes that no one can figure out.
Look at all the bandwidth Bana-shit wasted in the SA thread when he was insisting on guys using a uniform code to disguise the girls screen names.

No codes.

Ask the girl if she has her own cell number. Ask if she works in different AMP’s or independently. And then write a review based on her name and personal cell phone number. You can add that you found her working in a legit AMP. But I wouldn’t mention the AMP name. Maybe just a vague area (like eastern Suffolk or Nassau queens border etc....). That way you’re not throwing the amp under the bus.

That’s what I would’ve done.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Ask the girl if she has her own cell number. Ask if she works in different AMP’s or independently. And then write a review based on her name and personal cell phone number. You can add that you found her working in a legit AMP. But I wouldn’t mention the AMP name. Maybe just a vague area (like eastern Suffolk or Nassau queens border etc....). That way you’re not throwing the amp under the bus.

That’s what I would’ve done.
Then what happens is the members here blow up her cell number at all times of the day and night, she hits the Report button on her review and demands we take down the post.

Posting personal cell numbers is never a good idea.

Then what happens is the members here blow up her cell number at all times of the day and night, she hits the Report button on her review and demands we take down the post.

Posting personal cell numbers is never a good idea.
I would have gotten her permission to review her beforehand. If she refused, it would have been a non subject. The most info I would have given out then would have been vague. No name or number. Just some bragging rights.

Thanks for any advice.
Ethical question about posting a review

"To be, or not to be? That is the question."

It is really a true dilemma, a two-edged sword. And, from watching this board and others like it, there are those amongst us who feel that telling it like it is, is the only way to be. Others are more cautious and stop to consider repercussions.

Just like some girls do and some girls don't; some men talk and some don't. You must stay true to your own nature.

The board might consider that selfish, in that the more robust members are doing the bulk of the work, while the more cautious sit back and read reviews and reap the benefits, while never contributing to the hard core structure.

But, I was once taught early in life, if you decide to do something, you must do it with full confidence, or don't do it at all. Know your own nature. Second-guessing yourself as to whether you should or should not have written a review, might destroy a more sensitive ego. While for others who are more fearless, they live by "Que Sera' Sera'. (whatever will be will be)

The more robust feel that even if there was a firing, or a shut down, it was just a matter of time before it would have happened anyway. They feel no responsibility of guilt in the matter. The more sensitive nature might crumble and create a karma balance in his own life as retribution, a self-sabotage, either consciously or unconsciously.

The more robust contributors might feel that their contributions contributed to their own ego, to this board and to the girl and the AMP'S business by bringng in much needed income to keep the AMP afloat. And, true it is. I have had mamasans beg me to write consistent explicit reviews to help her business with respect to my experiences with her and the gals and even giving me poetic license to embellish. (I did not)

Do what you are confident doing. A scared review reeks with paranoia.

Poionius: "This above all: to thine own self be true. And it must follow, as the night, the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist

Thanks for any advice.
I wonder if since it was decriminalized in NYC and Brooklyn or whatever…if there will be more and more places starting to offer such extras… maybe this place is just testing the waters…

As for writing a review, Idk the answer

....The more robust feel that even if there was a firing, or a shut down, it was just a matter of time before it would have happened anyway....."
That argument doesn't hold water IMHO. For example it's just a matter of time (hopefully years) before we are dead.
These places would like to postpone possible busts or the girls would like to postpone getting fired as long as possible, perhaps even past the point where they want to leave the business for something else a bit less risky.

FWIW.

Next week I was there, while getting massage from here, guys would enter the place, ask for the girl, and when told she was busy would leave.
Week after that I was told that the girl was fired.
"
Genius makes a valid point and one that I have seen repeated a few times. I'm sure that several of the mongers who got to see her pushed for extras and probably left without tipping when she refused.

Some mongers just don't get the concept of YMMV and expect to walk in off the street and get the same level of service that a long time customer receives.

Thanks for any advice.
Do her a solid and DON'T write a review. Too many Twatty-White-Knight-Lurkers in the house nowadays.
If you enjoyed the experience and don't want to potentially lose that plug, let it be. Don't matter if you won't be seeing her anytime soon.
You just cause her problems and she could lose her job. There is no honor amongst these lurkers on this board.

I don't review certain places because I don't want it flooded with assholes "Well Nine-Lives says you BBBJ for $80", "Let me show you" as they pull up this site, and BAM all the info is staring them in the face. Keep her for yourself until you ready to move on, or you feel they all offering extras. Part of mongering is TOFTT and doing some research/recon. Plenty of dudes on here keep Indies and amp ladies to themselves......we ALL know we aint the only ones, as I am sure you weren't her only one. But the less volume and traffic, the better as a whole.

I wonder if Consumer Reports asks companies about how they would like to be reviewed before publishing.
No, CR most certainly does not.
However, WADR your comparison is not valid (assuming extras at a legit place is a superior product compared to no extras):

If a company produces a product superior to other companies' products employees can get promoted; employees of a legit AMP doing same can get fired.

If a company produces a product superior to other companies' products that company most likely will see growth; a legit AMP can get shut down.

etc.

That argument doesn't hold water IMHO. For example it's just a matter of time (hopefully years) before we are dead.
These places would like to postpone possible busts or the girls would like to postpone getting fired as long as possible, perhaps even past the point where they want to leave the business for something else a bit less risky.
Who could argue the fact that all events are ephemeral? The only reason that it is not blatantly clear is because we are so fixated on surviving this moment. We seldom see the big picture.

But, these spas are a true "nine days' wonder." The clock is ticking from the moment that they see their first customer. Moreso, because of the high probability of illegality. In polite company, one will seldom announce that they are in the habit of patronizing the local AMP, even if it is legit. It will always raise eyebrows.

Think about how many of these places that you visited even a few years ago are still in operation. Their shelf-life has to be the worst of almost any brick and mortar business.

Years ago, the old Manhattan spas like Kabuki, Salon de Tokyo, Harmony, and a very few others stayed on the map for quite a few decades because they were a good 90% legit. But, the 80's brought in these fast-shacks that devolved a once very honorable oriental medical practice of shiatsu and meridian massage.

So, the starter-gun gets fired, they open their doors, and the clock is ticking and everybody tries to make a fast buck, fully knowing that they are being scrutinized by predators from every walk of life: LE, mongers, lonely-hearts, burglars, angry wives, et cetera.

And with all the attention already inherent in the already condemned title of "Asian Massage Parlor," any extra attention might just be the final straw that broke the camel's back.

But, knowing these mamasans and working girls from the inside, it is never too shocking when the inevitable raid occurs, in that they lived with the fear every minute of the store's short life. But, the money was enticing enough to gamble on the risk.

I wonder if Consumer Reports asks companies about how they would like to be reviewed before publishing.
I don't think anyone would get fired if their products becomes very popular from a consumer reports review. :)

But an AMP provider can get fired if she becomes too popular, or customers complain because she is not providing the same level of service that a reviewer got. It's a shame. I like reading reviews and I've only posted about 4 or so myself. I understand the hesitation. You've been going to a R&t for a few months. Then the provider all of a sudden decides to give you some very nice extras. You want to share, but now have to worry about other mongers swarming the girl and getting her fired.