eBay as a model for hobbying board

Well, if it ain't useful for a muffler job, how's it going to be useful for a blow job?

This will work when there are National Chains of brothels but will be a lot closer to priceline than eBay. In fact, if you started this discussion with the priceline model I think it would be more interesting.

Well, if it ain't useful for a muffler job, how's it going to be useful for a blow job?

This will work when there are National Chains of brothels but will be a lot closer to priceline than eBay. In fact, if you started this discussion with the priceline model I think it would be more interesting.
Be my guest!

justme

homo economicus
I'd say it is (up to star level) for customers of Priceline.

I don't think that users who exhibit a strong preference for Marriot, Say, over Hilton will be as inclined to use Priceline because there's too much risk of getting a bad "value".

Well, couldn't you use that same argument in the instant model?
a) Yes, the priceline model assigns you to a room of a quality, and guys may not want that in a hooker,
b) There aren't that many guys who show the kind of prefence you state, and if they do, they just don't use priceline.
c) I wouldn't use an exact priceline model in this case, just like I wouldn't use an eBay model. I think, though, that one closer to priceline would have a better chance of success than one closer to eBay, for a plethora of reasons.

I see a lot of the same screening issues with the priceline.com model. Many providers would feel uncomfortable accepting a booking from an unknown, unscreened client.

On the client side, wouldn't most clients prefer to know which provider they're contracting? I seldom want just "any old blonde" -- I want a specific girl at a specific price.

Maybe if there were a list of several available providers, you ticked off the ones you were interested in and then made your offer -- that might work. But then it starts looking like sites that already exist, and the site itself starts to become an agency.

No, I'd see it more as a guy bids a certain amount for a session at a certain time, and the providers "bid" or accept it and the guy pick from those who make the offers.

justme

homo economicus
To the extent that some guys commodities some commercial sex acts, a reverse auction Priceline model could be successful. Of course, you'd have to get a pretty large population of suppliers. My priceline bid is accepted about a third of the time. I don't think I'd use the service if that number fell below a fifth.

UG Staff said:
No, I'd see it more as a guy bids a certain amount for a session at a certain time, and the providers "bid" or accept it and the guy pick from those who make the offers.
Would the potential bidders (and potential suppliers) be part of some pre-screened database? Practically, I see all sorts of problems with that.

And if not, how does this differ from (or improve upon) Craigslist, which already exists? If I post an ad "Seeking BBBJ for $150 this afternoon in manhattan, incall," I may get a few responses and then I get to pick from those who make the offers. And the "screening" is done on an individual basis, according to each party's own comfort level.