Dumb question About Venmo

At this point there are so many deposit scams out there that it's just not worth the risk. And with Venmo you have to be extra careful that your privacy settings are set so that it does not show your transactions since for some reason they post them by default like they're Facebook. That said I have left deposits twice ever. The first time was to book an appointment with Karen Fisher who I'm a huge fan of - the deposit was reasonable and I figured it was worth the potential risk. She did not disappoint. The second was to see a provider who was well reviewed and friends with another provider I was seeing regularly who vouched for her.
Technically Venmo started as a social media company that had a payments platform, it was always set up to share your financial information (hey look I'm having coffee with my friends, this is what I paid and tipped the service staff).

It was designed to assist in splitting bills among friends. It was founded by two University of Pennsylvania students who wanted to make money transactions as easy as sending a text.

Personally I've lost around $250 to deposits scams and in addition wasted more then a few days off worth of time to said scams. I'll say no like so many others. The only exception would be if you found her on a more proffesional website but I have no experience with those to be able to say that's a green light for sure.

Personally I've lost around $250 to deposits scams and in addition wasted more then a few days off worth of time to said scams. I'll say no like so many others. The only exception would be if you found her on a more proffesional website but I have no experience with those to be able to say that's a green light for sure.
Never means never.