Donald Trump Long Island rally

Okay, so let me start off by acknowledging that I am well aware Slinky closed down the political forum, because it got out of hand at one point. So, I'm going to circumvent that by posting here. But not really, so I think he'll forgive my transgression. Because even if that forum was still open, I would have posted this in here, because I am looking at Trump's rally today as more of an entertainment event than a political one.

I had tickets for the event. I was looking forward to attending just for the experience of being part of something so massive. I did have some reservations about the possibility that it might get out of hand, but I had full faith in the capability of NCPD to keep the peace. And from all reports, they did.

But the sheer size of the crowd they anticipated and the logistics of transportation made me reconsider, and I bailed on going. I saw news reports of people who were already there by 4:00 (for a 7:00 PM start). And the transportation requirement of no parking on premises - shuttle bus service only - convinced me that this was not an event for me. I was not willing to stand on line for a long-length of time and then have to stand for the rally itself. TV coverage and photos I saw of folks on lines that stretched for blocks in parking lots and streets by the train station and bus stops told me I made the right choice.

But I am wondering if any of you went and would care to comment on the event. If so, I think it would make for an enlightening experience to hear first-hand on here about your time at the rally. Just don't comment on the political aspects, in order to stay true to Slinky's desire to keep this a political-free board, at least for the most part. Talk about the wait, the venue (Grumman Studios), the crowd behavior, etc.

I guess no one from here went to the event. But if the blonde bombshell or Ashley or Mandy or Brandy, etc. were speaking, you would've all turned out.

I think it is all or nothing when it comes to politics and posting on UG; particularly in regards to a politician like Donald Trump. Entertainment and ratings are his politics; a Donald Trump 2016 "entertainment event" is nature a highly political event. NCPD presence, transportation issues, getting out of hand is all this is all about the passion people have about Donald Trump politics. I think this is an all or nothing situation, asking the readership to not be passionate and vocal on this topic many of us talk about daily, might be asking too much.