Detox & Body Cleanse

Status
Not open for further replies.
…and then there are breatharians. They never eat. And, some take no water. The air sustains them. They also discuss prana or qi, the invisible energy of the Universe, as the means of imparting vitality to their systems. They are a minority, but they do exist, breatharians. (good luck with science trying to fit them into their system)
Which is why they are a minority. I wonder what they are doing when no one is looking. Trust me they are eating. If not they are drinking Ensure.

Which is why they are a minority. I wonder what they are doing when no one is looking. Trust me they are eating. If not they are drinking Ensure.
@The Exiled, breatharians, those depending on air are more reclusive, and have distanced themselves from the busy cities. They usually retire to the high mountains where the air is pure.

Physical activity is kept to a bare minimum. They are more interested in observing their states of awareness and even limit their mind’s activity and number of breaths per minute.

They disciplined themselves slowly and methodically from grosser levels of food consumption, systematically weaning themselves to a point where food just seems extraneous.

If you ever observe a sloth eating, it takes them longer to consume one green leaf, than it takes for an average guy to eat a full steak dinner.

Their movements are so slow that they evade being prey to predators because of their lack of movement, and they blend into the landscape, much like a tree. And, they are not small. They carry around a body with some heftiness.

Everything in nature either adapts or dies.

I found myself on a trek at 14,000 feet above sea level. It is such a strange feeling. The air at that height seems to fill your intestines, and you are just not hungry. You feel full. Your other senses become heightened. You start to just live in the moment, breath by breath. Even thinking becomes a chore. You just feel maintained.

When, returning to lower altitudes, your hunger does not return immediately. You maintain what you experienced in high altitudes.

When you return to a big city and you see a food court and people gorging, you just shake your head, because a mere banana seems to satisfy you more than enough.

After re-acclimating yourself to our regular world and it’s customs and habits of large food consumption, you just fall into the habits and customs of what is available.

“When in Rome, do as the Romans do.”

You know very well (I assume) that you are comparing apples to oranges .

This article is not about toxic cleansing; it is about " to treat morbid obesity and co-morbidities". What this means is that there are circumstances where the benefits of fasting for long periods of time outweigh the risks; in this case the risk of morbid obesity and co-morbidities.

An analogy: it is usually a bad idea to slice open a person's abdomen and sew it back shut again, risk of infection etc. However it is well documented that the benefits of slicing open a persons abdomen and sew it back shut again in order to remove an inflamed appendix out weigh the risk.

-First thing in the morning drink at least 20 ounces of water as soon as you get up before you drink anything else.

-Get a water filter, an air purifier and a bidet attachment for your bathroom.
-Use a tongue scraper every time you brush your teeth.

-Tape your mouth closed when you sleep at night (look up the benefits too much to explain here)

-Drink a large cup of benefiber and Metamucil every night before dinner.

-Donate blood every two months if you’re healthy enough to do so. It is therapeutic and will help improve your kidney function.

-A sauna and or steam room is also very therapeutic along with swimming

-First thing in the morning drink at least 20 ounces of water as soon as you get up before you drink anything else.-
I Good idea although not so sure 20 oz. I drink a full 8 oz glass of filtered water and 8 oz of black unsweetened coffee made pour over in fresh ground beans using cone with a paper filter (paper filter is important as it soaks up some toxic material in the coffee oils but lets caffeine and antioxidants thru.)

--Get a water filter, an air purifier and a bidet attachment for your bathroom.
-Use a tongue scraper every time you brush your teeth.
I use a MERV 11 electrostatic air filter on my central air. I run fan-only mode during pollen season, a high quality refrig filter changed every 6 mo provides all my drinking water.
Bidet is overkill IMHO, a hand held shower fitting with a 5 ft hose does the job just fine.
My electric tooth brush has a tongue cleaning setting that works fine.

--Tape your mouth closed when you sleep at night (look up the benefits too much to explain here)
I don't do this myself but I sometimes do it to my SO when I get tired of her nagging:rolleyes:

--Drink a large cup of benefiber and Metamucil every night before dinner.
Ground flaxseed in my shredded wheat with fruit (fruits of different colors to get different antioxidents) in the morning and unsweetened soy milk is my approach to fiber.

--Donate blood every two months if you’re healthy enough to do so. It is therapeutic and will help improve your kidney function.
This is particularly important for men as iron builds up in their body (specifically artery walls) and this is only way to excrete some. Women should be doing this after menopause for same reason. Every 2 mo is a bit extreme IMHO

--A sauna and or steam room is also very therapeutic along with swimming
I use my home sauna, especially during winter months. Alas my health club no longer has a steam room. Nothing like a steam to swell facial hair — you can almost shave with a butter knife instead of a razor. I don't think swimming in chlorinated water is a good idea.
Going back to eliminating excess iron by blood donation, maybe given the current shark situation you can kill two birds with one stone, i.e. get some swimming in and also get rid of some excess blood :eek:

You know very well (I assume) that you are comparing apples to oranges .

This article is not about toxic cleansing; it is about " to treat morbid obesity and co-morbidities". What this means is that there are circumstances where the benefits of fasting for long periods of time outweigh the risks; in this case the risk of morbid obesity and co-morbidities.

An analogy: it is usually a bad idea to slice open a person's abdomen and sew it back shut again, risk of infection etc. However it is well documented that the benefits of slicing open a persons abdomen and sew it back shut again in order to remove an inflamed appendix out weigh the risk.
give it a rest, you are wrong. I couldn’t care less.

billyS

Reign of Terror
After posting my initial question, I spent some time researching various cleanse products —-

Yep, I see the light here….

There do not seem to be any convincing arguments on these items - Healthy eating and exercise makes most sense
So @trader1 started the thread and with that it looks like he got his answers.

The rest of this thread has deteriorated to bickering where no one is going to change the others opinion and further to stupid comments and posting stupid videos.

So this thread is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.