Daily Sports Betting Pick

I tried this yesterday and got banned for placing this in the wrong section, so I hope not to get banned this time. BTW, I don't see the thread from yesterday so I assume it was taken down. If not, sorry to be redundant.

Anyway, I am no expert but I am a sports gambler, for better or worse, just like marriage. Just wanted to see who the other degenerates on here are and what picks they may have to offer. I will give mine, but take them at your own risk. Just to let you know, I had the Knicks beating the Jazz last night and Boston University covering against Duke, but got banned for the day so I could not post it.

I will post my pick recommendations later today and look forward to seeing any others you guys may have. This could be a dead thread or one of interest for some. We'll see I guess.

Total Bets

I'm not a huge fan of over/under bets and I think many agree it's a sucker bet. Take for instance football. You take two teams with strong defenses and a low total doesn't mean shit if turnovers occur on an offense's side of the field or if a defense scores a couple of pick-6's.

beadman said:
I got the sure winner Rocket, come up with your best pick for the day and bet against it.

Well, overall you're probably right. But for last night, I did win the 2 NBA bets I posted, so 2-2 record. I don't know much Hockey to be honest but was getting pretty lucky early on in the season. I try to stick with NBA.

How about posting some of your picks? Let's see how you do. btw, if you do this long enough, there will be nights where you sweep the board in wins or losses, so to grade me on 2 nights so far is premature. All I know is I haven't paid the book in the last 3 weeks and I play every day.

aceofclubs26 said:
I'm not a huge fan of over/under bets and I think many agree it's a sucker bet. Take for instance football. You take two teams with strong defenses and a low total doesn't mean shit if turnovers occur on an offense's side of the field or if a defense scores a couple of pick-6's.

In Football, I try to rely on weather and who is the home team when I bet over/under. Turnovers is one thing you can't control so they do screw you up. In College, I love going over the totals because points come by so easy. I have been slamming Notre Dame overs all year and they have gone over just about every game.

I find NBA totals to be the easiest to gauge. Usually, the worst the teams records are, the more points there will be. 2 good teams like Detroit and San Antonio against each other usually means a well played, low scoring game.

Early College Football picks are:

Iowa Hawkeyes buying points to less than a field goal.

Ohio State/Michigan over 44.5

Notre Dame over 53, and they will score at least 40 alone, hopefully Syracuse can put up 10. They stink!

Mich State taking the points v. Penn State.

sure bet

of course there arent any sure bets, but ive been pretty lucky with this formula. WNBA (games are horrible to watch), but much like high school basketball the favored team is usually that much better talent wise then the underdog. Dont take the full game rather sit on the first half and take the second half bet. The team giving points in the second half has won 85 percent of the time. I was making a killing off of this. Only problem is waiting through an extremely boring first half to get the line for the second half.

man, i love this section.. sex and sports betting...my 2 favorite hobbies.

Too bad we have to wait a few weeks before the bowls start. Thank god for Sundays :)

Finally some players

What's up players? It's Bowl Season so let the games begin.

Tonight, I am taking Navy and buying a 1/2 point from -3 to -2 1/2.

There is a second game, Cal V. BYU. I am not sure what to do with this game, any suggestions, picks, etc..?