Current online sites

I've been playing at Absolute Poker lately. Quality of the program/interface is ok: the updating of the board of what's actually going on at the tables has a little too much lag for my tastes. Lot's of low $ SNG tables available. Quality is the usual mixed bag of low $ players. The reason I know I like the site is that I have not one time written to customer support about anything, but on other sites (like Party Poker) it seemed like I was writing them all the time.

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
I would stay away from AP for now-

It's most likely something weird was happening there- whether it was a security breach or they have a super user account that was abused- you should read about it at the 2+2 forums.

Usually the mods at those forums are constantly quashing any posters who scream that online poker is rigged, but the math and probabilities of one player were so lopsided it screamed cheating.

AP Poker user can see hole cards?

Cloud Nine

The big thing that convinced me was that not only a guy who was seeing 90% of flops was winning so much was the fact that he almost NEVER called with a losing hand on the river- he either folded or raised or called weird 9 high bluff all ins with 10 high.

I used to play on Absolute Poker a lot. The software was fine and the reload bonuses were amazing. I also had a rakeback deal, which was icing on the cake. However, after the internet gaming laws struck my AP rakeback was discontinued and so with no easy reloads and no rakeback I decided to say "fuck 'em" ....
My favorites were the shorthanded (6 max) limit games and the $400 buy-in NL games (well, until I donked off my entire AP bankroll at those tables....)

From: Doyle's Room Affiliates [mailto:AffNewsUSOct07@reply.cp00.net] On Behalf Of Doyle's Room Affiliates
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:06 PM
To: service@utopiaguide.com
Subject: Important Communication from DoylesRoom.com

Dear Affiliate,

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that DoylesRoom.com is back in the USA Market. Commencing October 19, 2007, all US-players are welcomed to enjoy our redesigned, faster and better poker tables.

DoylesRoom.com US-players that moved to Full Tilt will be allowed to re-access their existing account. The affiliate referral code will remain the same and will continue to track their play.

This change will not affect our other projects with the Canada, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America markets, as we are committed to work closely with ALL our affiliates.

During the past 6 months our affiliates department has been working on new tools for the affiliates, including special promotions and a brand new member’s area. If you have not seen our new affiliate interface, we encourage you to login to your account. Also, we have been working to improve our poker client and we added new features and games for all your players.

The Affiliates Department is also overseeing the Conversions Department at DoylesRoom.com to guarantee the best conversion rate for all our affiliates by personally inviting all your players to the different tournaments and special events.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact your affiliate department by sending an ***** to affiliates@dbpn.com or calling the toll free number: 1-888-762-4192 Ext 2800.

Best Regards,

George Barahona
Affiliate & Sales Department Director
The Doyle Brunson Poker Network
US: 1-888-762-4192
UK: 08000-51-6737
Intl: + (506) 253-3984

Cloud Nine

The AP scandal is hitting the national news. AP finally agreed to an independent audit. The posters at 2+2 pretty much drove this story and investigation until it got the attention it deserves.