Crystal Cafe Farmingdale

A $15 charge to exchange cash for cash so that you can tip their dancers is pretty flagrant money grab. You've already paid, what was it, $20 just to walk into the place? So if you don't come prepared with singles, it's basically a $35 charge just to walk in the door plus drinks. No thanks. I'll pass on going out of my way to try this place in it's new format. Was only there a couple times in it's previous incarnation anyway.

A $15 charge to exchange cash for cash so that you can tip their dancers is pretty flagrant money grab. You've already paid, what was it, $20 just to walk into the place? So if you don't come prepared with singles, it's basically a $35 charge just to walk in the door plus drinks. No thanks. I'll pass on going out of my way to try this place in it's new format. Was only there a couple times in it's previous incarnation anyway.
Maybe say to the dancers, I would tip u out if I had singles but the 15% surcharge is a bit much for me. Once they know the full story they will deal with management.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Nah, just their business model. It either works or it doesn't.

It's like charging more for using a credit card.

For example many years ago on a trip to Massachusetts I stopped at a large grocery store for something. Prices were lower than the other chains (not why I went there) but they charged 5 cents for a bag (this was way before the bag fee mania). (Lidl I think charges 12 cents and they have a bar code on the bag.) IMHO, not a money grab, just charging to for services rendered to keep costs down. People loved the place — always busy so obviously a good business model.

I can't see how it can work as customers don't like it when the money grab is so blatant.
I get that it's their business model but I don't see how it can work in the long run.

Farmingdale isn't a busy tourist spot where they can just milk guys and get away with it because there will be new suckers rolling in every day. This isn't Vegas. Word will get around quick and most guys will be one and done, other like me won't even give it a shot.

I'm sure there is some novelty to it right now and guys who used to go to the Crystal Cafe and don't read UG will stop in.

But unless they get girls who are all 10's and offer complete extras in the back they will have to rethink their "business" model ".

So they don't give you 9 singles back if you buy a $11 beer? ........
Good point.
If I was the barkeep I would give you back 4 singles (so you have some for my tip) and a 5.

Also, why do people tip a barkeep for opening a bottle of beer. Its not like she is pouring a scotch on the rocks and being generous with the amount.

When I went to Crystal and was "entertained " by the Russian (forgot her name) I called the barkeep over (she also was the timer for your time with the girl) and handed a nice tip and asked her to keep an eye on my half full bottle of beer. Funny, she never called time out on my session.

A few weeks ago I saw on a local Facebook group that Trixx was shut down by Town of Babylon Code Enforcement. There was a neon green sign on the door stating the premises was closed.

Was having some car work done next door so I walked over.
Door has a partially removed Town warning sticker on it but it was mostly covered by some black cardboard. Signs were lit (as of this morning). No stickers on back door.
My guess is that it has reopened after the, ahem, very serious safety and fire hazards that operantly shut it down have been rectified.

I did not investigate further.

Stopped by auto repair today. Auto guy was using Trixx lot to store cars and Trixx was totally dark.

He used to have a deal with Crystal that he could store fixed cars there during the day in exchange for snow plowing the lot in the winter. Was easier for his customers to pick up their car there instead of trying to fit them in the auto repair guys lot.

This arrangement ended when Trixx took over.

I asked him what's up and he said looks like closed for good.