Cryotherapy - Try it you'll Like it!

Facts - Saved the rambling for the end, Facts first! Heard about Cryotherapy, so I gave it a shot. You undress (they give you boots, gloves and ear protection to wear and for about 3 minutes your in a 250 to 300 below zero freeze tank. There are different type of models of these tanks and devices.

I have tried it three times (first time at bottom of review), and I feel great after, it lasts for a few days after. Body feels great, mind is clearer, higher energy level, general feeling of well being, sleep is better.

I been to two in NYC, one on 5th Ave which I liked because your full body goes into what looks like a one person freezer and they play music. I thought the Ramons worked well. After they place you in a fairly large room on a warm bed, and serve hot tea. I would of prefered to of left. They have private changing rooms and provide you with all attire needed.

Second place was on 35 and west side. It is not the whole body, your head and neck is out of the device. I think it had same effect. They also have private dressing rooms and provide all attire. All the places have someone outside of the chamber, counting down and making sure your doing ok.

Would like to get some feed back from anyone who tried cryotherapy. So far it seems like a very positive treatment.

There are a bunch of these spots opening up all over the City so if your interested give it a google. You can even read Yelp and Google reviews so when you visit you will be totally clueless. My review - Try it your like it! Yes it is very cold, but when it is complete your body goes back to normal in seconds.

Extra facts - I went to Amsterdam this Christmas. Before my trip I watched a youtube video called the ten places to visit in Amsterdam, FreezeLab was on the list. A big place that had a changing room upstairs, downstairs they a counter serving drinks and food. Like most places I visited in Amsterdam they have terrible customer relation skills,unengaged and a bit dopey, compared to NYC standards. That's OK thus far I would take there life tyle over ours.

Your told to go up stairs and change. I walked around a bit to find a big open male locker room. FreezeLab provided's you with only a pair of fuzzy boots, Once undressed in my T-shirt, and underwear - no bath ropes given, I waited around downstairs for 20 minutes or so, and was then lead with 5 other guys to there freeze chamber. At the chamber they gave you gloves, face mask, ear protection. There body freeze was done differently then my NYC experience. You first entered one room for 30 seconds at -160 Celsius (240 F) and then go through an attached door to another room which was -260 Celsius (320 F) for 2.5 minutes. Properly because it was my first time I thought I would freeze to death. I definitely think the chamber was colder, then I experienced in NYC thus far. They were also constructed out of cement and felt like I was walking into a restaurant freezer, not the prefab units I have used in NYC. They had two, one for men, and one for women. The entire time there is a guy counting down. He was very robotic and seemed unconcerned how you were you doing, as in my case I thought my knee caps were going to freeze off.

Lord, 2,5 minutes never took so long. If not for other men in the chamber, I think I would off left, but did not want to risk looking like a wiss.

This is very untested waters, of course my doctor told me it is better to stay away from any untested treatment and the cold could have negative impact on my heart. Hard to tell with MD's, they know a lot, spent 10 years in school and residency, do this for a living every day, but there is still a lot they don't know, but what they do know is a lot more then I know.

*** on a note in FreezeLab a met 70ish old taxi driver who says he goes everyday. He said it cures his arthritis, and if he misses a day it comes back. I found that really intriguing.

nice review
I tried it at a place on merrick rd in Belmore months back.
This place also has the float pool that you spend an hour in and do it in the dark.
I was kinda freaked out about getting too comfy and falling asleep.But it was relaxing.
Somewhere I remember seeing a sign or notice saying if you pissed or took a crap in the pool
they would bill you $500 to change and clean the pool.
WTF,made me think what kind of people do they serve?
On the cold freeze,like you you disrobe to undies and
stand in a circular chamber that rises your head above the cold zone.
Was given gloves and it went quick.
I thought I could have gone longer.
As for effect You feel refreshed almost like when you jump in
the freezing cold ocean or pool,or take a cold shower.
As for redoing I have not but that just me.
Maybe if my aches and pains get worse I would repeat

Thanks for the info guys!!!!
Can anyone provide a round about price for the cryo?
Sometimes you can find good deals on Groupon. You can get 3 sessions for about 75-80$. But if you get it one at a time its a bit more pricy. It does wonders to your aches and sore muscles but try to be consistent with it.

Thanks for the info guys!!!!
Can anyone provide a round about price for the cryo?
From $50 to $85 for one session, but they all sell packages. Most have other services, float tank, sauna, other devices. Best place I found is on 5 Ave. They have a package of 10 for $350.00, The cyro is also a full walk in unit, so your entire body gets the effect, plus they play music from an iphone when inside.

I have checked out three spots in the City. The cryo machines come in different forms. Each place also has a different setup - locker rooms, rest areas. As this is new, many times the help seem a big confused, and have to refer to a co-worker or there web site. As time goes on they will work it out.

IMO, so far so good, but to early to pass judgement. Is it junk science or a miracle? Time will tell.