Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to answer without getting political, but yes I have that sinking feeling especially when I see Biden's experts talking about a 4 to 6 week shutdown which we all know will last 4 to 6 months.
Yep-agreed
What is the right answer?
Sadly, I do not think there is one...
The scientists will lean towards shutting everything down—
The economists will say otherwise

I was in a Dr office recently having a test- The Dr. stated that while hospitals are seeing more cases, the treatment protocol is resulting in shorter stays and significantly less mortality rates- He also states ,

The hospitals unless overwhelmed will not resort to cancelling elective procedures and other revenue producing procedures unless forced to..

Has anyone slowed down on their mongering with all the upticks in cases? I am giving it some serious thought as hard as it is. I tell myself don't do it, then there I am ringing the white door bell, scratching at the door.

I think a LONG shutdown is coming soon......I hope I am so wrong

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
And who is going to pay those salaries for 4-6 weeks with no revenue coming in?
Exactly... how about this... everyone go back to work... it’s a fact of life, no one is getting out alive... and it always sucks when you lose a loved one... but it’s called LIFE! You only have one life, live it to the fullest, rather than fearing the inevitable...take care of yourself, eat better, stop looking for medicine to solve your sickness and start LIVING HEALTHY!! if you feel like wearing a mask is going to save your life, then wear the damn thing... but there should be no mandate! Opioid addiction has taken more lives than coronavirus ever thought of, but doctors are still writing scripts for those damn things every fucking day. But no one is ringing bells telling the pharmaceutical companies to stop... get real!

Yep-agreed
What is the right answer?
Sadly, I do not think there is one...
The scientists will lean towards shutting everything down—.................
Actually Dr Fauci was just on saying that shutting everything down is not to way to go. The costs (not talking about economic) are just too high. Keep the masks, social distasting etc., until the vaccines start kicking in.

I don't think shutting things down will make a difference. Just keep things as they are and get the damn vaccine out. How about make it voluntary. I will go tomorrow. I think half of America would go tomorrow if it were voluntary. At 90% effectiveness that would mean herd immunity would be reached almost immediately. At least I know I would be safe. Jesus - they have put vaccines in probably a couple hundred thousand people already. (All vaccines combined). The trials have to be like 40,000 people. Shutting stuff down is political. tell everybody to wear a mask, don't allow big events indoors. do contact tracing and that's it. Essentially - leave everything as it is now. People will start to get immunized within a couple of months - then all anybody should be talking about is getting as many people immunized as fast as possible.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
I don't think shutting things down will make a difference. Just keep things as they are and get the damn vaccine out. How about make it voluntary. I will go tomorrow. I think half of America would go tomorrow if it were voluntary. At 90% effectiveness that would mean herd immunity would be reached almost immediately. At least I know I would be safe. Jesus - they have put vaccines in probably a couple hundred thousand people already. (All vaccines combined). The trials have to be like 40,000 people. Shutting stuff down is political. tell everybody to wear a mask, don't allow big events indoors. do contact tracing and that's it. Essentially - leave everything as it is now. People will start to get immunized within a couple of months - then all anybody should be talking about is getting as many people immunized as fast as possible.
how many flu shot options does one person need?? Vaccines are hard enough to convince people to take once they’ve been approved for 20 years and show plenty of data to prove effectiveness...(wasn’t there some big thing with people in Brooklyn or something not getting immunized recently??) I’m not taking any experimental BS that “they” say we need... don’t most vaccines take years for approval?? With all the side effects that are listed on most medications, I’m definitely not trusting a trial or Newly approved medication of any kind!! Just because the FDA approves it, doesn’t make it safe...

Exactly... how about this... everyone go back to work... it’s a fact of life, no one is getting out alive... and it always sucks when you lose a loved one... but it’s called LIFE! You only have one life, live it to the fullest, rather than fearing the inevitable...take care of yourself, eat better, stop looking for medicine to solve your sickness and start LIVING HEALTHY!! if you feel like wearing a mask is going to save your life, then wear the damn thing... but there should be no mandate! Opioid addiction has taken more lives than coronavirus ever thought of, but doctors are still writing scripts for those damn things every fucking day. But no one is ringing bells telling the pharmaceutical companies to stop... get real!
The thing about wearing a mask is that it's not just for the wearer, it's for those around the wearer. It's a very small sacrifice to make. Death is a fact of life I know that all too well, but if you compare how the US handled Corona Virus to other countries it's painfully obvious that we messed up. Just look at countries that have done well Taiwan, South Korea, New Zealand, Australia etc. there is a sense of patriotic duty to join together and fight this virus. America has managed to politicize something as simple as wearing a mask. We've replaced with facts with conspiracy theories and politics.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how...ak-compares-to-other-countries-charts-2020-10

As far as opioid addiction there has been a big wake up call with lawsuits etc https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-10-12-billion-settle-opioid-claims-n1046526
And it's also a personal choice. I've been prescribed OXY before after an injury and yeah, it feels great and sucks to stop taking it but you make that choice then and there and do what you have to do and not blame others.

I live a pretty healthy lifestyle. Exercise, vegetarian, eat well don't drink that much anymore etc... but I could still get Corona Virus from someone standing next to me. I'm not writing to argue, I'm tired of arguing about this. Compared to the sacrifices Americans have made in the past for the good of the rest of the country I am just perplexed by what is making people so reluctant to put on a mask and social distance.

From brief past discussions with you Sophia I know you are a good person, your love for animals for instance is amazing, so like I said I'm not trying to argue or attack just trying to present facts and have civil discussions with respect.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
The thing about wearing a mask is that it's not just for the wearer, it's for those around the wearer. It's a very small sacrifice to make. Death is a fact of life I know that all too well, but if you compare how the US handled Corona Virus to other countries it's painfully obvious that we messed up. Just look at countries that have done well Taiwan, South Korea, New Zealand, Australia etc. there is a sense of patriotic duty to join together and fight this virus. America has managed to politicize something as simple as wearing a mask. We've replaced with facts with conspiracy theories and politics.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how...ak-compares-to-other-countries-charts-2020-10

As far as opioid addiction there has been a big wake up call with lawsuits etc https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-10-12-billion-settle-opioid-claims-n1046526
And it's also a personal choice. I've been prescribed OXY before after an injury and yeah, it feels great and sucks to stop taking it but you make that choice then and there and do what you have to do and not blame others.

I live a pretty healthy lifestyle. Exercise, vegetarian, eat well don't drink that much anymore etc... but I could still get Corona Virus from someone standing next to me. I'm not writing to argue, I'm tired of arguing about this. Compared to the sacrifices Americans have made in the past for the good of the rest of the country I am just perplexed by what is making people so reluctant to put on a mask and social distance.

From brief past discussions with you Sophia I know you are a good person, your love for animals for instance is amazing, so like I said I'm not trying to argue or attack just trying to present facts and have civil discussions with respect.
i can do that with no problem... I personally have severe panic attacks. I also have a fear of Claustrophobia and I’m asthmatic... not that y’all need all my medical history... but that will give you an idea of what I deal with when I’m required to wear a mask... there are times when I can put it on and make it a few mins, but I then begin to sweat and panic in a very real and very intense manner, then I start shaking and have to leave wherever I am... so this mask requirement keeps me from being able to enjoy the same things as most people. I have to do most of my shopping online, or I go into the store and pray that once I get past the front door, I can avoid any person that wants to question my personal medical/health status - that again is none of their damn business - and we are back to square one. I am all about respecting other people and their opinions and freedoms and rights... so I’m not attacking anyone for the way they see it... I’m just offering a perspective that I feel should be respected as well.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Look, I know it's hard to talk about Covid without politics seeping into the conversation.

Just be careful where you go with your arguments.

Some simple (but not all inclusive) suggestions;

Don't mention any politicians or parties by name ( and worse don't try to be cute and skirt this suggestion)

Don't assign blame as to who is or isn't responsible for the pandemic.

Don't quote conspiracy theories in this thread.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Just get the damn vaccine out?
Do you have any idea the logistics involved?

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist

As for your opioid argument... so they are settling “Billions” of dollars worth of claims... yet, there are still pain clinics passing out opioids like candy??? I was prescribed Percocet starting at 12years old because I was run over by a car... by the time I was 25 and wanted to stop, I truly couldn’t... it led to years of drug use and abuse... and truly almost cost me my life several times!! If you think that was “by choice” you are sadly mistaken. I am very fortunate to have made it out alive and to be able to even tell you about it. Getting clean, that was by choice.... but getting addicted was not. Please know the difference.

As for your opioid argument... so they are settling “Billions” of dollars worth of claims... yet, there are still pain clinics passing out opioids like candy??? I was prescribed Percocet starting at 12years old because I was run over by a car... by the time I was 25 and wanted to stop, I truly couldn’t... it led to years of drug use and abuse... and truly almost cost me my life several times!! If you think that was “by choice” you are sadly mistaken. I am very fortunate to have made it out alive and to be able to even tell you about it. Getting clean, that was by choice.... but getting addicted was not. Please know the difference.
EXACTLY
There is a significant difference.
Bless you for maintaining sobriety and making an everyday conscious decision to stay healthy and clean

For those who question certain aspects of addiction, NO ONE, and I repeat that with the highest degree of concordance chooses to become an addict. They are not born that way... There are a host of factors which contribute to the disease.

There is a thread on UG about this

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
EXACTLY
There is a significant difference.
Bless you for maintaining sobriety and making an everyday conscious decision to stay healthy and clean

For those who question certain aspects of addiction, NO ONE, and I repeat that with the highest degree of concordance chooses to become an addict. They are not born that way... There are a host of factors which contribute to the disease.

There is a thread on UG about this
:confused: Facts

I’m definitely not trusting a trial or Newly approved medication of any kind!! Just because the FDA approves it, doesn’t make it safe...
NO CHANCE they putting a VAX in me. I would be very weary of side affects with only 6 months of trials? This is a rush job of epic proportions. Just the holding of the VAX requires -190 degrees to keep it stable. Thats MINUS 190 degrees. Potential side affects outweigh the need for me. I will wear my mask, wash my hands, and stay a recluse.....except when the need to do the deed over powers me.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
If she LOVES animals SO much then why won't she see me?! :)
Sorry, couldn't help myself, trying to lighten the mood in this thread.
have you sent me your license and work verification? I looked on here for independent provider reviews by you and didn’t find any - although I skimmed quickly, so it doesn’t seem that references are likely....I’ve also stated that I wasn’t really seeing new people, however if you introduce yourself properly and send me all the information I request without ANY hassle or questioning as to why, then I make exceptions. If you contact me by text, it would probably be a lot easier to discuss than on here.... Just sayin... 919-888-7318

Side note: If you contacted me in the past and it did not go well or something turned me off it is possible that I blocked you... so if I don’t respond to a text feel free to email me your phone number so I can review. Sophiabelle4u@gmail.com

NO CHANCE they putting a VAX in me. I would be very weary of side affects with only 6 months of trials? This is a rush job of epic proportions. Just the holding of the VAX requires -190 degrees to keep it stable. Thats MINUS 190 degrees. Potential side affects outweigh the need for me. I will wear my mask, wash my hands, and stay a recluse.....except when the need to do the deed over powers me.
Me personally I haven't freaked out about the virus as serious as it is. I've worked this whole time, worn my mask when the CDC changed its mind on usage.
I'll take the vaccine once it's available. I'll be one of the guinea pigs. Anything to end this crap. Vaccines have saved more lives then they've taken.
After all we all have die from something. And I only speak for myself. Not disparaging someone's fear.

Has anyone slowed down on their mongering with all the upticks in cases? I am giving it some serious thought as hard as it is. I tell myself don't do it, then there I am ringing the white door bell, scratching at the door.

I think a LONG shutdown is coming soon......I hope I am so wrong
I have them texting me to be safe. Here we go again

Status
Not open for further replies.