Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself in an Asian country and do not plan to leave. Some people are frantic and people are 80% to 90% masked and in some situations 100% masked. I only mask when required by law in certain facilities. I look upon it as destiny. I don't believe the mask does very much. I am sure airborne viruses sneak in through the sides of the flimsy mask or contact with eyes and ears.

Only God knows what myriad filth of a parasitic and devious nature has entered my system unbeknownst to me since my birth and my life as a human being has prevailed only by the Grace of God.

Not directly related to the Coronavirus (but you know that has never stopped me before) I watched the Tyson Fury rematch against Wilder and was shocked to see an almost seven foot, 275 pound Adonis of a man humble himself before Jesus Christ following his victory. Also bringing back memories of a 45 year old grandpa, Big George Foreman, knocking out the 26 year old Michael Moorer and watching Big George falling to his knees in the ring corner in prayer.

Ultimately, there is a far greater power governing this Universe and even our personal lives.
Good luck buddy, hope all ends well for you. Would hate for your extremely long, sometimes valid, but usually rambling posts to disappear;)

I find myself in an Asian country and do not plan to leave. Some people are frantic and people are 80% to 90% masked and in some situations 100% masked. I only mask when required by law in certain facilities. I look upon it as destiny. I don't believe the mask does very much. I am sure airborne viruses sneak in through the sides of the flimsy mask or contact with eyes and ears.

Only God knows what myriad filth of a parasitic and devious nature has entered my system unbeknownst to me since my birth and my life as a human being has prevailed only by the Grace of God.

Not directly related to the Coronavirus (but you know that has never stopped me before) I watched the Tyson Fury rematch against Wilder and was shocked to see an almost seven foot, 275 pound Adonis of a man humble himself before Jesus Christ following his victory. Also bringing back memories of a 45 year old grandpa, Big George Foreman, knocking out the 26 year old Michael Moorer and watching Big George falling to his knees in the ring corner in prayer.

Ultimately, there is a far greater power governing this Universe and even our personal lives.
I guess it's just you and i that aren't that worried about all this. You can take every precaution on the planet, just like looking both ways when you cross the street, but there's still a chance you're gonna get killed.
To be honest, let me go in the first wave of deaths. I don't want to be locked up in my house, guns drawn, shooting ppl who are trying to kill me for food or clean water. I'd rather not witness the end of humanity. Get the hoes in while you can! Lol

Israel is the first country to warn its citizens not to travel abroad over coronavirus fears. Israel on Wednesday became the first country to officially warn its citizens to avoid any international travel amid fears over the coronavirus outbreak.

Wonder what they know that we don’t???

What’s up with this also? World economic collapse, I sure don’t trust bankers.

Major CEOs who stepped down in the past month:

-DISNEY
-MASTERCARD
-LBRANDS
-UBER EATS
-HULU
-MGM
-IBM
-LINKEDIN

I guess it's just you and i that aren't that worried about all this. You can take every precaution on the planet, just like looking both ways when you cross the street, but there's still a chance you're gonna get killed.
To be honest, let me go in the first wave of deaths. I don't want to be locked up in my house, guns drawn, shooting ppl who are trying to kill me for food or clean water. I'd rather not witness the end of humanity. Get the hoes in while you can! Lol
Hear others but trust only yourself.

No good to eat Chinese food??
Chinese food?

When I was back in New York, I was friends with a couple of very intelligent young Chinese guys who ran a technology business and I was their client. So, we got to the topic of Chinese food in the Flushing surrounding area and I asked them where is the good stuff and they told me that Chinese food in America does not exist. It can only be called "Chinese style." The ingredients in America are different from the motherland. The rice in America is subpar and they make do with what they have.

However, and trust me on this one, the Peking or Beijing duck in Flushing, IMHO, is far superior to that of some Asian nations. And the reason being, the duck in Flushing has that rich layer of fat between the meat and the skin. That is no accident and does not occur naturally. I am told that those ducks are farmed in a certain way and the ducks are forced through some painful processes to make it plump and delicious which some other Asian nations don't employ.

Recently in an Asian nation -- not China -- and ordered the duck hanging in the window just like in Flushing and was so disappointed. Tough meat, little fat.

Oddly enough, overseas, I ran into a Chinese lady from Flushing and asked her "what's up with the duck here?" And she put me wise.

However, the chicken in some Asian countries are far superior to American chicken. Their taste is extremely robust with a wild tang and extremely fresh.

OH, I'M SORRY, JOEYBOY, YOU PROBABLY MEANT "No good to eat Chinese food??" WITH RESPECT TO CORONAVIRUS AND NOT IN GENERAL, but I am lonely and could not resist the give and take.

Thank you all, once again, for your indulgence. (Enjoy that Flushing duck. You don't know how lucky you are.)

I’d be careful seems like this shit isn’t effected by warm temperatures like the normal flu is. Just a warning especially if you’re in a risk category. This shit sucks.

Broadway closes until 2021-
Cirque de Soleil filed for bankruptcy are some of today’s headlines... I am beginning to think life as we knew it pre Covid is not going to return to normal for a long time.. I was hopeful... until a vaccine is found I sadly believe things are going to get worse before they get better.. from both an economic and mental health standpoint

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Broadway closes until 2021-
Cirque de Soleil filed for bankruptcy are some of today’s headlines... I am beginning to think life as we knew it pre Covid is not going to return to normal for a long time.. I was hopeful... until a vaccine is found I sadly believe things are going to get worse before they get better.. from both an economic and mental health standpoint
Already seeing plenty of anti-vaxxers saying they won't get it.

Already seeing plenty of anti-vaxxers saying they won't get it.
Yup. Although it won't matter much (to those of us who get vaccinated and to the anti-vaxxers young kids) as getting infected, probably will be just as good as being vaccinated. However since the consequences of infection can be serious to some of the adult antivaxxers, especially the older ones and those with comorbidity underlying conditions, maybe we will be able to see some Darwinian selection in action in that group.

Yup. Although it won't matter much (to those of us who get vaccinated and to the anti-vaxxers young kids) as getting infected, probably will be just as good as being vaccinated. However since the consequences of infection can be serious to some of the adult antivaxxers, especially the older ones and those with comorbidity underlying conditions, maybe we will be able to see some Darwinian selection in action in that group.
Always liked Darwin !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.