Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple of things to think about:
Hundreds of thousands of people either are or have been vaccinated for the various vaccine types for purposes of the tests. Every last one of the people in a test are monitored. If they have so much as a pimple showing up on their ass it is investigated to see if that is a side effect of the vaccine. I'm exaggerating here about something as minor as a pimple but any new health effect during the test is followed up, even minor ones. So far the only side effects are soreness at the injection site and for some, mild flu like symptoms (like some get from a flu shot) for a day or two as a result of the test subject's antibodies revving up. The Covid virus is not used - only parts of it's protein is used allowing the antibodies to mistakenly "think" they are attaching the actual virus. So far no side effects serious enough to be of concern.

So far in the US almost 250,000 have died from the virus. Wanna bet that anyone of them would have preferred the soreness at the injection site and for some, mild flu like symptoms for a day or two instead of being dead?

I personally know of three people who have died of Covid: my neighbor’s 55 year old nephew; my business partners 62 yr old sister; and while I was visiting a sick person (broken hip) in the hospital in early May, the person in the bed next to her was on oxygen and during the night died, in the f**king room we were in, and later determined to have died from covid. Everyone (including me) were quarantined for 2 weeks.

My suggestion to all, as I will do, (and you too Sophia) is suck it up and get the vaccine as soon as it becomes available to you extra especially if the business you are in involves close contact with others.

i can do that with no problem... I personally have severe panic attacks. I also have a fear of Claustrophobia and I’m asthmatic... not that y’all need all my medical history... but that will give you an idea of what I deal with when I’m required to wear a mask... there are times when I can put it on and make it a few mins, but I then begin to sweat and panic in a very real and very intense manner, then I start shaking and have to leave wherever I am... so this mask requirement keeps me from being able to enjoy the same things as most people. I have to do most of my shopping online, or I go into the store and pray that once I get past the front door, I can avoid any person that wants to question my personal medical/health status - that again is none of their damn business - and we are back to square one. I am all about respecting other people and their opinions and freedoms and rights... so I’m not attacking anyone for the way they see it... I’m just offering a perspective that I feel should be respected as well.
If you need a personal shopper let me know.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Hundreds of thousands of people either are or have been vaccinated for the various vaccine types for purposes of the tests. Every last one of the people in a test are monitored. If they have so much as a pimple showing up on their ass it is investigated to see if that is a side effect of the vaccine. I'm exaggerating here about something as minor as a pimple but any new health effect during the test is followed up, even minor ones. So far the only side effects are soreness at the injection site and for some, mild flu like symptoms (like some get from a flu shot) for a day or two as a result of the test subject's antibodies revving up. The Covid virus is not used - only parts of it's protein is used allowing the antibodies to mistakenly "think" they are attaching the actual virus. So far no side effects serious enough to be of concern.

So far in the US almost 250,000 have died from the virus. Wanna bet that anyone of them would have preferred the soreness at the injection site and for some, mild flu like symptoms for a day or two instead of being dead?

I personally know of three people who have died of Covid: my neighbor’s 55 year old nephew; my business partners 62 yr old sister; and while I was visiting a sick person (broken hip) in the hospital in early May, the person in the bed next to her was on oxygen and during the night died, in the f**king room we were in, and later determined to have died from covid. Everyone (including me) were quarantined for 2 weeks.

My suggestion to all, as I will do, (and you too Sophia) is suck it up and get the vaccine as soon as it becomes available to you extra especially if the business you are in involves close contact with others.
Your screen name is the only “genius” thing about this post. Don’t tell me what to do. I definitely didn’t tell anyone else how to live... I stated how I felt. I don’t need your advice. It’s my health and my life and it’s none of your business!

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist

PS ... how can you tell me to “suck it up” for medical issues I actually have and deal with every day when you’re saying it because of a FEAR you have to catch something you’ve never experienced? MY MEDICAL PROBLEMS ALREADY EXISTS IN MY BODY! I shouldn’t have to discount them because of your fear.

NO CHANCE they putting a VAX in me. I would be very weary of side affects with only 6 months of trials? This is a rush job of epic proportions. Just the holding of the VAX requires -190 degrees to keep it stable. Thats MINUS 190 degrees. Potential side affects outweigh the need for me. I will wear my mask, wash my hands, and stay a recluse.....except when the need to do the deed over powers me.
Polio vaccine had a bad batch killed a few hundred but in the long run quite successfully.

Your screen name is the only “genius” thing about this post. Don’t tell me what to do.....I don’t need your advice..
From the tone of your post it seems you may be upset about mine. My apologies if that is so.

I posted: My suggestion to all. Some how you think that means I'm telling you what to do or offering you (your word) advice. I am not.
The common usage (I suggest you do a search if you don't believe me - this is what I found):

What is the difference between Advice and Suggestion?
  • The word advice is used in the sense of ‘counsel.’ The word suggestion is used in the sense of ‘giving an idea.’
I definitely didn’t tell anyone else how to live...... It’s my health and my life and it’s none of your business!
And the life of your customers. They, of course, are free to choose whatever risks they wish to take. I for one, feel that the risk of taking the vaccine is far lower than the risk on not taking it. Has nothing to do with fear - just unemotional rational thinking.

Polio vaccine had a bad batch killed a few hundred but in the long run quite successfully.
The original polio vaccine was a killed virus vaccine. There was one batch that was improperly processed and the virus in the vaccine was not killed and actually infected those that were getting the shot.

The two vaccines at the head of the pack being developed are completely different as they use fragments of the spike protein of the virus. There are a couple candidate vaccines that use a live, similar to “cold” (as in the common cold) virus, that has been modified to look like, to our immune system, as the Corvid. Note, you don’t get symptoms of the common cold from this injected virus. I'm not sure, but I think I remember reading that there may be weakened virus vaccines also.

Just to give you an idea how old I am, I have a “polio volunteer” button that I got when I was in 1st grade and got the polio shot. As I recall there were millions of so called volunteers. Each class lined up in the gym where were volunteered to get a shot. Those who didn’t "volunteer" were held tight by the nurse while the shot was administered.

IMHO, vaccines developed over the past couple of centuries where perhaps the greatest advance in medicine preventing some really horrible diseases, smallpox comes to mind as a major one.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
From the tone of your post it seems you may be upset about mine. My apologies if that is so.

I posted: My suggestion to all. Some how you think that means I'm telling you what to do or offering you (your word) advice. I am not.
The common usage (I suggest you do a search if you don't believe me - this is what I found):

• The word advice is used in the sense of ‘counsel.’ The word suggestion is used in the sense of ‘giving an idea.’
And the life of your customers. They, of course, are free to choose whatever risks they wish to take. I for one, feel that the risk of taking the vaccine is far lower than the risk on not taking it. Has nothing to do with fear - just unemotional rational thinking.
So what qualifies you to suggest to me the kind of medical care I should seek for my body and my health and my life and my well being? I have a really hard time accepting anyone telling me what I should or shouldn’t do ... or can or can’t do... with my body... AND YOU SHOULD TOO!! I take my health and well being very seriously now that I am sober... and it was doctor’s (like real MD’s) that put me on a path to destruction based on their suggestions... so I truly have no hope in our pharmaceutical system... I now see a doctor that completely understands my stance on this. I have regular check ups and STD tests and I tell you, he says I am in perfect Health as of 3 weeks ago. So if you don’t know anything else about me, know that “the life of ‘my customers” is not being affected. And I don’t need anyone to suggest to me to “suck it up” and deal with it.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist

normally you have very valid points I agree with... this point is just one that I don’t with your prior suggestion...

Just get the damn vaccine out?
Do you have any idea the logistics involved?
yes it's involved - this would fix the problem though that nothing else will. Besides - what are the options .. and besides .. that is eXACTLY what the are going to do. They are going to mass produce it and distribute it as fast as they can. Save trillions in lost economy. S0 yeah - make the millions of doses and get it out ASAP - distribute through the doctors, clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, etc. If they want to distribute it through massive set up s at places at JOnes beach then do that. We just pissed away like $3 trillion in unemployment - to vaccinate the country would save that plus save the lost economy. I am not saying it is easy or not involved or not expensive or that they are delaying it. Just emphasizing it.

how many flu shot options does one person need?? Vaccines are hard enough to convince people to take once they’ve been approved for 20 years and show plenty of data to prove effectiveness...(wasn’t there some big thing with people in Brooklyn or something not getting immunized recently??) I’m not taking any experimental BS that “they” say we need... don’t most vaccines take years for approval?? With all the side effects that are listed on most medications, I’m definitely not trusting a trial or Newly approved medication of any kind!! Just because the FDA approves it, doesn’t make it safe...
I was born in 1964. Probably around the time they started vaccinating for everything. I got every single one. I never got polio, measles or any other disease. AND ... I never suffered any complications from a vaccine. I have two kids. They got every vaccine they had to offer. My kids never suffered any side effects or got any diseases. I don't know of anyone who ever had a side effect or got any of these diseases. Anyone who doesn't want to take the vaccine is fine with me. This is why we see idiots getting polio today - parents refusing to vaccinate their kids. Go ahead - don't vaccinate - 80% will gladly take it and herd immunity will pretty much wipe it out at a 50% to 60% vaccination rate. I am all for personal choice. But I also say if you don't vaccinate your kids then they can't go to school. Some states have that as law. But I think you would benefit by researching how many people got sick from ANY vaccination.

You may be right - but as you also said - saved millions of lives. Plus - that was 70 years ago. And I think that was a batch that was made with bad ingredients - meaning the company was at fault. That could happen with any drug as well - so ultimately it wasn't the fact that it was a vaccination but due to a company's negligence.

Turns out 5 people died from the Cutter Polio Vaccine and 51 were paralyzed. 40,000 got sick (sore throat, vomiting and muscle pain) and recovered. Cutter used an incorrect ingredient. That would not happen today. That happened in 1955. To each their own though. You don't want a vaccine - fine with me. My family will be safe. Do what you want.

I’ll take the vaccine as soon as it becomes available.. I put my name down on a list to participate in phase three trials being conducted in Mineola.To each his own...

Today there was a line down the block and around the corner at the local urgent care center for people wanting the Covid Test.. SMH, ... Why? Have they all traveled? Come into contact with someone who is positive? Not feeling good? IDK..

I consider myself somewhat healthy, not falling in a high risk category— I cannot live in fear and will conduct and live my life to the best of my ability

I’ll take the vaccine as soon as it becomes available.. I put my name down on a list to participate in phase three trials being conducted in Mineola.To each his own...

Today there was a line down the block and around the corner at the local urgent care center for people wanting the Covid Test.. SMH, ... Why? Have they all traveled? Come into contact with someone who is positive? Not feeling good? IDK..

I consider myself somewhat healthy, not falling in a high risk category— I cannot live in fear and will conduct and live my life to the best of my ability
A great American !

I don't want to stir the pot. But I'm not sure if the vaccine will be as helpful as some people imagine it will be. At least in the beginning.

The vaccine needs to be stored at -94 deg. A temperature that can only be achieved at some large hospitals. Clinics, doctors offices, etc will not be able to store it. It will be packed in 1000 dose containers. Once opened it is only good for 5 days, even while stored at -94 deg. In addition you need to get a second dose 28 days after the first. I can see a mad rush for the first dose and then supply running out or shipments getting delayed for the much needed second dose. The first shipment can't be used for both since it will not last 28 days. Think of the coordination that needs to happen. A large hospital needs to get shipments spaced the correct number of days apart. And only the people who got the first dose would be allowed to get any part of that second shipment.

Our medical system has never had to deal with this type of vaccine before. In 2008/9 during the H1N1 outbreak, the federal govt failed miserably in flu shot distribution. A vaccine that we have years of experience with. I think it will be 6 months of trial and error before we figure out how to store, distribution and ensure people get the second dose in a timely manner.

In addition the vaccine is not like Polio, or MMR vaccines we got as kids. Where one shot is good for life. The positive effects of the COVID vaccine will last for some time period. After the effect wares off you can then catch COVID. Just remember the stories of people who caught COVID, recovered, had the anti bodies, and then caught it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.