Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

Did they get it from a spa
As far as I know - no
These are all women I know either relatives or friend of relatives. As far as I know none are in high risk occupations, do not belong to health clubs (most get their exercise thru running, climbing and biking - all outdoor activities. They htink they got it either from children, parents of children or a party.

So, 3-1/2 years later, how is everyone here coping with the 'rona?? Are we pretending it's gone? Or just hoping we've bolstered our defenses sufficiently via jabs, vitamins, etc.? A little of both?

Last couple of years, every time I've been face-down on an AMP table I've wound up with a respiratory thing a day later. Thankfully no 'rona (at least as far as testing indicates) but still a good reminder that there are other things floating around. I think the AMPs need to figure out how to ventilate and disinfect the areas under the tables!

Now most of us have probably been jabbed a half dozen times, but what are we thinking and is it affecting our willingness to go mongering? Has anyone wound up with significant regrets? Do you worry about bringing this shit home?

And are the AMP prices still nuts for fears and lack of competition or are they normalizing a bit?

Are you masking up? How does that work?? Last time I went to an amp I put a 99 on before I put my face into the fukkin hole in the table... :D:eek::rolleyes:

So, 3-1/2 years later, how is everyone here coping with the 'rona?? Are we pretending it's gone? Or just hoping we've bolstered our defenses sufficiently via jabs, vitamins, etc.? A little of both?

Last couple of years, every time I've been face-down on an AMP table I've wound up with a respiratory thing a day later. Thankfully no 'rona (at least as far as testing indicates) but still a good reminder that there are other things floating around. I think the AMPs need to figure out how to ventilate and disinfect the areas under the tables!

Now most of us have probably been jabbed a half dozen times, but what are we thinking and is it affecting our willingness to go mongering? Has anyone wound up with significant regrets? Do you worry about bringing this shit home?

And are the AMP prices still nuts for fears and lack of competition or are they normalizing a bit?

Are you masking up? How does that work?? Last time I went to an amp I put a 99 on before I put my face into the fukkin hole in the table... :D:eek::rolleyes:
I got covid at least twice after i went back to work. First time was a bit rough second time also but for less length of time. I took a 3 mo break from hobbying. Living in fear aint my style. That being said im also not elderly nor do i have immune deficiencies.

I got covid at least twice after i went back to work. First time was a bit rough second time also but for less length of time. I took a 3 mo break from hobbying. Living in fear aint my style. That being said im also not elderly nor do i have immune deficiencies.
Yikes.

Besides my entire sinus cavity and respiratory system always having been happy to host every little bug that comes along, I don't think I'm "immune compromised". But my age now puts me on that part of the age/fatality curve that screams THINK WITH YOUR OTHER HEAD NOW DUMBASS!

I'm at the point where I think more about this shit than I used to think about STDs with FS! o_O Even to the point that I'm a bit concerned about ordinary massages. Not that it's actually stopping me yet.

That respiratory issue after an amp is probably cause most amps are disgusting.

No jabs for me and since this shit started I’ve stopped getting the flu shot too. I have not tested for C19 since 2021.

I’ve been what I’d call sick a few days each year since. Never enough to miss work or morning cardio. I missed a half full of lifts each year but I don’t take a single day off otherwise. In this last winter, I’ve added cold plunge daily. There have only be a few days where I didn’t feel well enough to get in near freezing water in the last 12 months.

I had a really serious surgery before all the insanity in 2020. So serious it made me think of my mortality. I got super sick about a week out of the hospital from that surgery. I was down for 17 days and not right for a few more weeks.

Since the pandemic started I’ve gotten myself into the best shape since I played football in college and opted not to try to play in Europe. The journey has had it’s ups and downs. I’ve had 3 additional surgeries resulting from working out and I’m still progressing.

No jabs for me and since this shit started I’ve stopped getting the flu shot too. I have not tested for C19 since 2021.......I had a really serious surgery before all the insanity in 2020. So serious it made me think of my mortality. I got super sick about a week out of the hospital from that surgery. I was down for 17 days and not right for a few more weeks.

Since the pandemic started I’ve gotten myself into the best shape since I played football in college and opted not to try to play in Europe. The journey has had it’s ups and downs. I’ve had 3 additional surgeries resulting from working out and I’m still progressing.
FWIW, here is my 2 cents :
I am a believer that except for the military (you sometimes get to some really nasty places where if you do get sick you detract medical resources from those who may urgently need it), no one should be required to get any vaccine. Period. I got a shitload of every vaccine available at the time (including for the bubonic plague) during bootcamp.

Since then I got the flu in college, was unbelievably sick (lost 20 lbs from my athletic frame that took a year to get them and full strength back). got the flu again 5 years later with the same results (although I had some fat on my body then so I lost less muscle). From then on I got flu shot and did not get the flu again for almost 50 years.

I got all Covid shots plus booster. Never got Covid.
I get the flu shot every year.
I eat right and exercise almost every day.

I had surgery once in 1957 when I was 9 or so to get my tonsils out.

Normally when someone says "I’ve gotten myself into the best shape" and then "I’ve had 3 additional surgeries resulting from working out" I'd say you are doing something wrong as 3 surgeries since shutdown (3 years?) is not an indication of someone in best shape". Surgeries have risks and it is best to take steps to avoid having them (just say'in).

Good luck on your health and vaccine philosophy and kindly wish me (and others ) who may follow a different one the same.

I hear there is a recent outbreak in the New York area specifically in Harlem. Has anyone heard of this being a hotspot lately I can only assume the greater parts of New York are next. We’re not even in flu season wtf is going on exactly here I’m so confused?!

I hear there is a recent outbreak in the New York area specifically in Harlem. Has anyone heard of this being a hotspot lately I can only assume the greater parts of New York are next. We’re not even in flu season wtf is going on exactly here I’m so confused?!
Can’t speak of what’s going on in Harlem, but according to some medical providers in Nassau and Suffolk, they have seen an uptick in cases…

Having recently recovered from it, the symptoms were not that severe ( mild fever, slight cough and congestion) which cleared in a few days. I would not have given my symptoms any concern ( other than allergies or slight cold) but my underlying condition requires a visit to Dr whenever I run a slight fever

Several health care providers I have spoken to are not very concerned for the general population as many have built up immunity.

Those who immunocompromised should always speak with their physician

Can’t speak of what’s going on in Harlem, but according to some medical providers in Nassau and Suffolk, they have seen an uptick in cases…

Having recently recovered from it, the symptoms were not that severe ( mild fever, slight cough and congestion) which cleared in a few days. I would not have given my symptoms any concern ( other than allergies or slight cold) but my underlying condition requires a visit to Dr whenever I run a slight fever

Several health care providers I have spoken to are not very concerned for the general population as many have built up immunity.

Those who immunocompromised should always speak with their physician
An uptick you say.

I now know of 10 people in my circle of people I know (relatives, gym buddies, close neighbors, sex workers) who have come down with Covid in past couple of weeks.
To put this in perspective I did not know 10 people who came down with it in the past couple of years (post vaccine years)

Although my case cleared (symptom wise) in a couple of days as I got the antiviral the day I tested positive, I can say that my symptoms were much more than a sight fever and mild cough (hacking cough keeping me awake all night for starters).

Seems to me, since I assume many people get symptoms, test positive with a fast test and just ride it out. So no notification of heath authorities for contact tracing, etc.

Perhaps my MD reported my getting a script for antivirals (my age put me at risk) but other than my phone call to him he had no way of actually knowing I had Covid.

Something to think about.

People I know are getting it recently too. Nothing severe luckily, but it's 10 days until it passes and they feel alright usually.
It’s crazy we’re in the middle of summer and it so humid and hot you hardly hear of people catching the flu or Covid this time of year it’s so strange that there is an outbreak at this time especially so late in the game it gives concern. I wondered why pharmacies were offering flyer shots so early in this summer when fly season hasn’t even officially begun smh?

I'm about to close this fuckin thread because after three years some of you still can't keep politics out of it.
Yeah I saw the post (now deleted) whose poster that you are probably referring to.
Maybe you can just put such a poster in moderation instead of closing this thread?

This thread, IMHO, is of particular importance to the readers of UG as we are very different from the general population as we come in, ahem, more close face to face contact with different people in the course of a month than most people do. And those people we have close contact with also have close contact with more people too.

Thus if there are spikes in Covid we would be the canary in the coal mine.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yeah I saw the post (now deleted) whose poster that you are probably referring to.
Maybe you can just put such a poster in moderation instead of closing this thread?

This thread, IMHO, is of particular importance to the readers of UG as we are very different from the general population as we come in, ahem, more close face to face contact with different people in the course of a month than most people do. And those people we have close contact with also have close contact with more people too.

Thus if there are spikes in Covid we would be the canary in the coal mine.
Agreed. I just kicked him out of the thread.
I remembered that's what we had decided to do back when this thread was hot and some people just couldn't stop posting dumb ass conspiracy theories or using this thread to bash whichever politician they didn't like.

I haven't heard anything about COVID, I didn't know people were still testing for it. Most work places I'm aware of treat as a common cold at this point.
Yeah.

From what I understand (and as with me) testing using the fast test is done when you have symptoms such as severe fatigue, chills, fever, roaring sore throat and headache and you want to eliminate other causes such as flu and RSV.

However I know of people who have died from COVID and also who have something called long Covid where they can not function due to overwhelming fatigue.

I can't recall similar situations for the common cold.

my current case where I'm in something called rebound where after getting Covid, quarantining, then neg test, then couple days later turns positive (but with milder symptoms) is not sometime I experienced with common cold.

Original symptoms were not as bad as the worst case of flu I once had but still knocked me on me ass for couple days.

I'm aware people died from COVID in 2020 and maybe early 2021. Im just saying haven't heard of anyone dying from it recently. Even hospitals got rid of their COVID floors / wings well over a year ago. I'm guessing in certain communities and demographics it's something more prevalent and I don't fall into any of them.