Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

The CDC just corrected Sotomayor claim of over 100,000 pediatric hospitalizations to the real number of 8,500. So apparently nobody can get correct numbers. People need to stop believing everything they read no matter how reputable the source.
And yet you posted the 8500 numbers from the CDC.

I believe in science and essential to science is that as new information becomes available theories may have to be modified to reflect the new data. Until new data becomes available, IMHO the best anyone can do is accept advice from as you put it — reputable — sources.

How many times have you heard that weather forecasts are worthless. Not from me as they are the only logical way to plan one's events and behavior (if rain is predicted I carry an umbrella with me). The same goes with Covid; it's all new.

The CDC just corrected Sotomayor claim of over 100,000 pediatric hospitalizations to the real number of 8,500. So apparently nobody can get correct numbers. People need to stop believing everything they read no matter how reputable the source.
One needs to digest ALL this information slowly and wait for what I think, a consensus of several respected entities to makes a universal statement

Well to know for sure maybe some of the providers who participate here can answer that.

@Amanda92411 , have you seen any down tick in business the past 14 days?
Bargaining is a thing with or without and uptick in people staying away from the hobby....just depends on who needs it the most.....:)

Honestly I haven't seen a down tick in business since I've been back...I've had some cancelations if someone's been exposed or if they don't feel well (which i TOTALLY appreciate the consideration) but not to put a dent in the overall flow of things...

I feel like it's really half and half out there in who's sick and who isn't..I'm fully vaxxed and will get boosted when I'm good enough along to get it because I think it’s important to have consideration for the people I see and come in contact with as should others....but I totally respect anyone's decision if they don't want to risk hobbying, last thing I want is anyone to feel uncertain or uncomfortable...but when they're ready I'll be pleasantly waiting...and I'm thankful for my friends who do trust me and come see me...

It really sucks what's going on though.....stay safe y’all!

~ Amanda

And yet you posted the 8500 numbers from the CDC.

I believe in science and essential to science is that as new information becomes available theories may have to be modified to reflect the new data. Until new data becomes available, IMHO the best anyone can do is accept advice from as you put it — reputable — sources.

How many times have you heard that weather forecasts are worthless. Not from me as they are the only logical way to plan one's events and behavior (if rain is predicted I carry an umbrella with me). The same goes with Covid; it's all new.
Didn't say I believe the numbers or the source

Where did you get your numbers from?
My sister lives in Florida so I have an idea of their tax rate and it is no where near LI rates and considerably lower than NYS rates.

At a 0.83% average effective property tax rate, property taxes in Florida rank below the national average, which currently stands at 1.07%. Median annual property tax bills in the Sunshine State follow suit, as its $2,035 mark is over $500 cheaper than the U.S. median.

So a $300K house in Fl will pay around $2500/year in property taxes.
NYS median for same assessed value is 50% higher and Nassau County, you can expect to pay an average of 2.24% of your home's assessed fair market value. So if you can find a $300K house taxes would be $6720.

I have no idea about home insurance (they do have hurricanes there) compared to NY for a similarly priced house.
Friend just brought a house near west palm 300k fixeruper taxes are bit over 5k then add hoa and it’s a bit over 6k a year. Nice area. Now I have another friend in New Port Richey that pays less than half and no hoa. Guess it depends where you want to live. The hurricane insurance is ridiculous

Friend just brought a house near west palm 300k fixeruper taxes are bit over 5k then add hoa and it’s a bit over 6k a year. Nice area. Now I have another friend in New Port Richey that pays less than half and no hoa. Guess it depends where you want to live. The hurricane insurance is ridiculous
Maybe a separate thread for real estate etc

Pfizer just announced a Omni vaccine will be available in March
Moderna suggested the same in the Summer

Can’t say I understand how these boosters or vaccines can be researched, tested and distributed in such a short period of time

Pfizer just announced a Omni vaccine will be available in March
Moderna suggested the same in the Summer

Can’t say I understand how these boosters or vaccines can be researched, tested and distributed in such a short period of time
All they have to do is sequence the DNA then develop the RNA that will instruct the body to neutralize it. They can do that in a day. And since the RNA instructions are designed for a specific purpose the testing period does not need to be very long as compared to other vaccines.

All they have to do is sequence the DNA then develop the RNA that will instruct the body to neutralize it. They can do that in a day. And since the RNA instructions are designed for a specific purpose the testing period does not need to be very long as compared to other vaccines.
Yup.Perfectly worded.

That's why, IMHO, the advancements in this method is going to have profound effects in quality of life for us. For example the flu vaccine currently is mostly made using chicken eggs in a time intensive process (6+ months) such that a best educated guess has to be made in January as to what flu variants are going to be most prevalent in Sept. Many times the guess isn't right on. If not — oh well there's always next year. Just think if vaccine manufacturers can actually wait until they see what the prevalent variants are and customize the vaccine in time to impact the flu season.

There are other virus based diseases including certain cancers that can be addressed.

Excellent explanation of the mRNA science at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

For the layman here
If this can be done so easily, why could this not be done for other deadly viruses..
Ty

For the layman here
If this can be done so easily, why could this not be done for other deadly viruses..
Ty
This is new technology and covid is the first time it has been used. Actually the idea of mRNA vaccines has been around for decades but there was no delivery system to deliver it to all the cells in the body. Now they use nanotechnology to create lipid nanoparticles that wrap up the mRNA inside and deliver it inside the cells. All future viruses, I'm sure will be dealt with in this way, and if they want to replace current vaccines with this type I'm sure they can. They already have with Ebola. I suggest you read Walter Isaacson book The Code Breaker and you will be able to start a new career in bio-technology.

BTW, a word to the wise: I know of 5 people who in past couple of weeks got what apparently was the BA5 COVID variant. 4 of them were under 30, in great shape, had 2 + booster shots and had the original COVID in the pre-vaccine days. The under 30 ones said memories of the original infection were like, eh, 2 had almost no symptoms (one had Covid toes as only symptom ) and the others a very mild flu and the older one (50's) had what he said was bad flu like symptoms.

All of them said this recent bout was like getting run over by a truck. Aches, chest pains, constant dry coughing, headaches, extreme nausea and fever. They slept for 12 hours a day and just hung around (didn't want to read, watch TV/ netflix or eat) for 5 days then felt better but still totally wrung out.

Take precautions — you don't want this.

Ps. after 5 days they still tested positive of fast test but MDs said they were no longer contagious.

You obviously aren't in mid 70's like I am as a couple times a week ejaculation by what ever means is all I want to do — so masturbation to me is unnecessary and actually a waste.

Looks like the chewables are 12 for 50 euros so you have to deal with shipping and currency conversion charges on your CC. I also don't want a strange package ending up i my mailbox.

My GP will write a script and I get 90 tabs generic 50mg sildenafil for $18 and change with 5 renewals. So I end up with 540 tabs for just over a Franklin. At 3X a week that's 3 1/2 years worth. Plus it isn't in my med history as it go with GoodRx which is outside my insurance.

If I have an empty stomach I swallow them otherwise I dissolve a tab under my tongue (takes maybe 5 min). Tastes bitter but a swish with water or coffee clears that out.

BTW, a word to the wise: I know of 5 people who in past couple of weeks got what apparently was the BA5 COVID variant. 4 of them were under 30, in great shape, had 2 + booster shots and had the original COVID in the pre-vaccine days. The under 30 ones said memories of the original infection were like, eh, 2 had almost no symptoms (one had Covid toes as only symptom ) and the others a very mild flu and the older one (50's) had what he said was bad flu like symptoms.

All of them said this recent bout was like getting run over by a truck. Aches, chest pains, constant dry coughing, headaches, extreme nausea and fever. They slept for 12 hours a day and just hung around (didn't want to read, watch TV/ netflix or eat) for 5 days then felt better but still totally wrung out.

Take precautions — you don't want this.

Ps. after 5 days they still tested positive of fast test but MDs said they were no longer contagious.
Did they get it from a spa