Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

the way I see it is just get the booster. The booster is your bouncer in a bar. If something bad sneaks in past the front door it will chase it down quickly and help get it the fuck out before damage ensues. If there was a vaccine to prevent sex diseases how many of us would get it knowing we could ride bareback without a jimmy hat ? Think about it.

the way I see it is just get the booster. The booster is your bouncer in a bar. If something bad sneaks in past the front door it will chase it down quickly and help get it the fuck out before damage ensues. If there was a vaccine to prevent sex diseases how many of us would get it knowing we could ride bareback without a jimmy hat ? Think about it.
The booster Sounds like a pretty shitty bouncer that can't tell a fake ID from a real one and doesn't know how to handle himself

Day 2 after positive rapid test

nasal congestion, dry cough and upset stomach- no fever-

If I had not taken the rapid test, would have attributed symptoms to a cold or seasonal bug that pops up this time of year.

Do wonder how many are asymptomatic, transmitting Omni without lnowing
Think that’s part of the long testing lines. Many colds and flu right now and people are being proactive getting tested

The booster Sounds like a pretty shitty bouncer that can't tell a fake ID from a real one and doesn't know how to handle himself
Just got my bouncer today. What you talking about

Ty

A little over 2 weeks before I discovered, a couple of colleagues tested positive. I did not exhibit any unusual or new symptom.

If I did catch from them, it would then lead me to conclude that the incubation period was greater then suggested 3-6 days.
The company I kept ( small small group) for NYE all seem to be fine
Did they all go for tests

Back to work after a week in quarantine—- Not 100 %- lingering fatigue and congestion, which MD suggests common- waxing and waning as he put it…

As I posted earlier, I’m just about ready to walk away from work… Call it quits

The bullshit, backstabbing, and hypocrisy will never go away-You think you are valued, but as I said earlier, just a payroll ID number- Your colleagues, who you would think of as friends, are selfish and only care about themselves-

Whispering this morning-
“WTF is he doing here— supposed to be home for 10 days… I don’t want to catch it” etc etc… Going on all day

Meanwhile, I have an office which have not moved from—

This motherfucker is the biggest hypocrite- Smokes, walks around maskless and complains about the “( other political party.. constantly.. Has a young adult that lives with him - Runs around to bars and is an anti vaxer— Fucking hypocrite

Hate is a ugly word. Have to say I hate hypocrites and those who can only drive down a way one street…

That’s it for now

Back to work after a week in quarantine—- Not 100 %- lingering fatigue and congestion, which MD suggests common- waxing and waning as he put it…

The bullshit, backstabbing, and hypocrisy will never go away-You think you are valued, but as I said earlier, just a payroll ID number- Your colleagues, who you would think of as friends, are selfish and only care about themselves-

Whispering this morning-
“WTF is he doing here— supposed to be home for 10 days… I don’t want to catch it” etc etc… Going on all day

This motherfucker is the biggest hypocrite- Smokes, walks around maskless and complains about the “( other political party.. constantly.. Has a young adult that lives with him - Runs around to bars and is an anti vaxer— Fucking hypocrite

Hate is a ugly word. Have to say I hate hypocrites and those who can only drive down a way one street…

That’s it for now
Good to hear you are feeling ok. Only symptom I have us no sense if taste or smell last 2 weeks...been taking Zinc. Pretty frustrating when you can't smell or taste food... don't feel like eating. Anyways stay safe!!

Whispering this morning-

That’s it for now
Most important thing is that you are recovering well.

People are in fear for their own welfare these days. The social gloss that once frosted society has eroded.

But, if it is a work situation, you are all, more or less, thrown together, not by choice, but by being similarly situated. You can’t expect too much from them.

I worked in the same place for over 40 years. Never made true friends there.

The American novelist S. E. Hinton once said, “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky. If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky.”

Most important thing is that you are recovering well.

People are in fear for their own welfare these days. The social gloss that once frosted society has eroded.

But, if it is a work situation, you are all, more or less, thrown together, not by choice, but by being similarly situated. You can’t expect too much from them.

I worked in the same place for over 40 years. Never made true friends there.

The American novelist S. E. Hinton once said, “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you're lucky. If you have one good friend, you're more than lucky.”
Covid has stressed out many people. I exercise caution in public.

The bullshit, backstabbing, and hypocrisy will never go away-You think you are valued, but as I said earlier, just a payroll ID number- Your colleagues, who you would think of as friends, are selfish and only care about themselves-.....
Glad to hear you have (mostly) recovered.

I've probably been around a lot longer than you . I've been an employer, employee and consultant so perhaps I can offer some perspectives from my experiences.
From your post it seems you are letting some people live in you mind rent free. They are what they are and you are what you are. You may of may have colleagues who are friends (I had one who ended up as a life long friend, best man at my wedding, etc) but most are just people thrust into your life by happenstance for a common purpose. The best you can hope for is for them to be professional and cordial.

The only reason (unless you're one of the bosses' relative) you are employed by your company is you provide a means for them to profit more than what you cost. When that ceases so does your employment.

Conversely, you remain at your employer because the all the costs to you ($, mental, prestige, etc) are less than the remuneration (again —
$, mental, prestige, etc) you receive. When a better opportunity comes up, and this includes retirement, you leave.

I hope this helps.

Just a few statistics: As of 1/9 there were 677,243 daily cases of COVID, up 215% in 14 days, 130,006 hospitalized, up 80%, and 1,559 daily deaths, up 16% for a total of 836,236 deaths since the pandemic began. These stats are from todays NY Times and are quite concerning.

On an economic note, I'd think that providers, AMP's and LMP's must be hurting. Should give those that still venture out more bargaining power on fees and services.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Just a few statistics: As of 1/9 there were 677,243 daily cases of COVID, up 215% in 14 days, 130,006 hospitalized, up 80%, and 1,559 daily deaths, up 16% for a total of 836,236 deaths since the pandemic began. These stats are from todays NY Times and are quite concerning.
For some perspective, are those stats for New York? The US? The world?

I ask because I saw yesterday that NY was finally starting to trend down the past two days.

If you go back 14 days then you are including the crazy spike we had around the holidays.

The funny thing about stats is that you can manipulate them anyway you want to fit the argument you are making or to match what you want to believe.

@Rider - the above comment is just a general observation and not directed at your post.

billyS

Reign of Terror
On an economic note, I'd think that providers, AMP's and LMP's must be hurting. Should give those that still venture out more bargaining power on fees and services.
Well to know for sure maybe some of the providers who participate here can answer that.

@Amanda92411 , have you seen any down tick in business the past 14 days?

When you suggest these numbers are concerning, is that from your personal professional point of view, or a general observation…
From what’s read in the past few days, some think that we may be approaching the peak of Omni.. as well as not as concerned ( hospital capacities) from lasts years wave

For some perspective, are those stats for New York? The US? The world?

I ask because I saw yesterday that NY was finally starting to trend down the past two days.

If you go back 14 days then you are including the crazy spike we had around the holidays.

The funny thing about stats is that you can manipulate them anyway you want to fit the argument you are making or to match what you want to believe.

@Rider - the above comment is just a general observation and not directed at your post.
These are stats for the entire US in today's NY times.

When you suggest these numbers are concerning, is that from your personal professional point of view, or a general observation…
From what’s read in the past few days, some think that we may be approaching the peak of Omni.. as well as not as concerned ( hospital capacities) from lasts years wave
Trader, the numbers are concerning....period. As for hospitals, they are in very bad shape. Most all are well understaffed and overburdened due to the doctors, nurses and auxiliary support staff being out with COVID.

I heard that almost 2/3rds of those in the hospitals with COVID contracted it while in the hospital for other reasons. This is what I heard reported today on a reliable local news program.

The CDC just corrected Sotomayor claim of over 100,000 pediatric hospitalizations to the real number of 8,500. So apparently nobody can get correct numbers. People need to stop believing everything they read no matter how reputable the source.
and the 8.500 number is just for kids that have tested positive - not those that were admitted because of COVID. over 99% of all kids that are admitted to the hospitals are for other treatments almost no children (statistically so small as to be nearly nil) - these are kids that are in the hospital for various medical treatments, but because of the insane testing requirements in order to be treated - if their tests come back as COVID ++, then thats the number reported. Sadly this is seriously skewing the numbers to make it appear to be a bigger issue. To date in nearly 2 years of "COVID" time, not a single healthy child has been documented (in the US, UK and Germany) as having died from COVID - the deaths that have occurred have all been from kids with documented severe unmanaged/untreated diseases/immune issues and were morbidly obese.