Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

I'm aware people died from COVID in 2020 and maybe early 2021. Im just saying haven't heard of anyone dying from it recently. Even hospitals got rid of their COVID floors / wings well over a year ago. I'm guessing in certain communities and demographics it's something more prevalent and I don't fall into any of them.
As far as I have read in past couple of months there have been 0 deaths from Covid on LI.
Here is my take (strictly and solely my reasoning w/o any data to back it up) on the current situation:

1. Those people who were especially suspectable to dying from Covid because of serious underlying conditions are greatly reduced in number because they either died from covid during the early (pre-antiviral) days or perhaps have died in the last 3 years from the underlying conditions.

2, Those with underlying conditions today (plus older people ) are given the antiviral drugs which are proven to reduce death or even hospitalizations from Covid.

3. The majority of people in US are either vaccinated and/or have had covid prior (and thus antibodies). Although this does not prevent getting infected with newer strains, it greatly reduces the probability of hospitalization or death from Covid.

4..Precautions for covid are now virtually nonexistent. For example just last week the Farmingdale library took down the plexiglass partitions where books are checked out and returned.. My bank has removed partitions for the tellers last month. Even the girls on 40th rd have stropped wearing masks (possibly where I got my Covid as timing is right for it)

Hate to " resurrect" this thread but I tested positive for COVID last week...mild symptoms but lost my taste or smell.After searching countless at home remedies to try and get the senses back, I figured I'd ask you guys. Any of you had this in the past and how long did it take to get senses back..what did you do to get them back? Thanks!

Hate to " resurrect" this thread but I tested positive for COVID last week...mild symptoms but lost my taste or smell.After searching countless at home remedies to try and get the senses back, I figured I'd ask you guys. Any of you had this in the past and how long did it take to get senses back..what did you do to get them back? Thanks!
The vast majority it was either temporary (few days) or not lost at all (like me) . Others who I know got them back after weeks or months, some got them back but greatly reduced but a few never got them back. Nothing to do about it but live your life and in all probability you will be in the majority who got it all back.

Good luck.

Thank you...was reading about sniffing types of oils, lemons etc. I feel like I am eating way too much because of not tasting the food I feel I am never " full" . Also paranoid with no sense of smell because I can't smell gas,or god forbid smoke from a fire....guess I'm paranoid .

Thank you...was reading about sniffing types of oils, lemons etc. I feel like I am eating way too much because of not tasting the food I feel I am never " full" . Also paranoid with no sense of smell because I can't smell gas,or god forbid smoke from a fire....guess I'm paranoid .
Look at the bright side
You won’t have to worry about smelling rancid pussy while you DATY

feel better

Are you vaxxed? I felt like shit in October, went to the doc, said I had a cold. Then he asked me if I wanted to take a COVID test. I asked if I test positive would I get medicine or a different treatment than the treatment for a cold. He said no, so I said no to the test.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Are you vaxxed? I felt like shit in October, went to the doc, said I had a cold. Then he asked me if I wanted to take a COVID test. I asked if I test positive would I get medicine or a different treatment than the treatment for a cold. He said no, so I said no to the test.
That's fucked up.
I know someone who got the original strain of Covid and they didn't treat it aggressively because he "was healthy and has no underlying issues"
He just kept getting worse and worse and wound up in ICU with kidney failure and double pneumonia.

I got the 2 shots awhile ago when they were first offered.

I think I got it on the train from MSG last weekend. Went to KISS final show( been a huge fan since I was 8). Was fine before the show. Train coming home was packed people standing/ sitting all over. The 2 guys I went with feel fine so who the heck knows!

Why wouldn't you want to know? At this point its not like you have to be quarantined for a long period of time. If it was covid back in October likely you would not have any concern about it until next year (when it mutates again.) For me, the more info the better.

Why wouldn't you want to know? At this point its not like you have to be quarantined for a long period of time. If it was covid back in October likely you would not have any concern about it until next year (when it mutates again.) For me, the more info the better.
I wouldn't want to know, cause it doesn't make a difference. They treat it like a common cold.

Eat lots of hairy pussy

That's fucked up.
I know someone who got the original strain of Covid and they didn't treat it aggressively because he "was healthy and has no underlying issues"
He just kept getting worse and worse and wound up in ICU with kidney failure and double pneumonia.
How is this he now?
Any long term after effects that you know of?

Although not Covid virus there is another one going around called RSV. In past couple of months I know of 3 people (slightly (M) younger than me, around same age of me (M), and low 80's(F), who caught RSV. They all said that they were never so sick in their lives, one was hospitalized. Each said it was 3 weeks before they even felt somewhat normal.

During my physical (before I heard of these guys ) I asked my MD about the vax for RSV and he didn't recommend it for me. I didn't ask why but perhaps because I'm in good shape for my age?