contagium moluscum anyone ever gotten this gem from a provider or place

Molluscum contagiosum (mo-LUS-kum kun-tay-jee-OH-sum) is a relatively common viral infection of the skin that results in round, firm, painless bumps ranging in size from a pinhead to a pencil eraser. If the bumps are scratched or injured, the infection can spread to surrounding skin.

Though most common in children, molluscum contagiosum can affect adults as well — particularly those with weakened immune systems. In adults with an otherwise normal immune system, molluscum contagiosum involving the genitals is considered a sexually transmitted infection.

Molluscum contagiosum spreads through direct person-to-person contact and through contact with contaminated objects. The bumps associated with molluscum contagiosum usually disappear within a year without treatment but doctor-assisted removal is also an option.

I never heard of it until my buddy got it. My buddy thinks he got this from an amp. As you can see from the description you can get this numerous ways and not just sexual contact so he said he got it at his gym. My buddy had to have the bumps cryofreezed off. The 1st thing the Doctor asked him is have you had any new sex partners lately? This is not good as women always think the worst even if you really did get this at your local gym. Anyone have anything on this??