Coach Bob Knight In The News

After a long absence from being national headline news, legendary college basketball coach Bobby Knight is in the news again over an alledged "hitting" incident during Monday nights game.

The AP article was so pathetic that I did not even bother to repost it in this thread.

Just another example of the left wing news media trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill and continuing to villify this great coach.

What I did notice is that within the context of a very long article, they failed to mention the remarkable turnaround Bobby Knight has accomplished at Texas A&M. Why publish that...that would actually be newsworthy !!!

Last edited:
I originally read a headline that Coach Knight hit a player but later saw a video of the incidence. The player was walking off the court after committing a foul and Knight was yelling at the player who was looking down and Knight moved his chin up and said something to the effect" Look at me when I'm talking to you." No harm was done and the player had no hard feeling about it. This was only a story because it was Bobby Knight and he has a rep.
Hell if you ever look at a Penn State game ,Coach Paterno is in someone's face all the time,but no one ever makes a big deal about it. Most likely because Paterno gets along with the press a lot better than Bobby Knight.

The "controversy" surrounding this incident is yet one more example of the pussyfication of most sports. Between all the BS penalties in the NFL and the $210 million girlie man playing for the Stanks, it's hardly worth watching any more. Someone should figure out how to cause mongering to be a spectator sport.

Coach Knight Rules !!!

DickTheLawyer said:
The "controversy" surrounding this incident is yet one more example of the pussyfication of most sports. Between all the BS penalties in the NFL and the $210 million girlie man playing for the Stanks, it's hardly worth watching any more. Someone should figure out how to cause mongering to be a spectator sport.

i don't think so in this case.

the media has a "bone' for Coach Knight.

what they forget...is that guys like him create jobs for reporters like this that write this garbage.

they also forgot to mention the great job he has done at Texas "whatever". lol.

=========================================================

btw, i happened to be at the game when he allegedly "threw" the chair.
that is not an accurate description of what actually happened. i would gladly post my version of that day if anyone is interested.

SkellyChamp said:
you're right - he bowled it - badly

actually it was a controlled gentle bowl across the floor.

it never reached the other side.

the referee who was the object of the "bowl" was never in any danger, nor were any sportscasters or fans in harms way.

at the time...it did not seem like a bigee...it was rather humorous in an odd sort of way.

he did not get a second TF...perhaps because it was half time??

its amazing how the story has grown over the years and in fact simply won't go away.

those were the great years...ahh the memories.

GO BIG RED

seeker6591 said:
actually it was a controlled gentle bowl across the floor.

it never reached the other side.

the referee who was the object of the "bowl" was never in any danger, nor were any sportscasters or fans in harms way.

at the time...it did not seem like a bigee...it was rather humorous in an odd sort of way.

he did not get a second TF...perhaps because it was half time??

its amazing how the story has grown over the years and in fact simply won't go away.

those were the great years...ahh the memories.

GO BIG RED

I just watched the clip again and I'm not sure that I would call that a "gentle bowl". And the point is not whether the ref was in danger but he had no idea it would stop or who it would hit.