CL LE Alert!

Forgive me if I post this over on the main CL thread, but I'd rather be paranoid than see one of our names on the blotter.
I Googled this a # ending in 0970 - the current ad is here:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ers/967309292.html

My search pointed to a website purporting that the # is of NYPD:
http://yourteenoncraigslist.bravehost.com/pic.html

Sure, it could be an overzealous asshole looking to piss in our Cheerios®, or it could be on the level.

Better safe than taking the perp walk, right?

-M

if you look at the second site.. you will notice that NYPD does not stand for what you would normally associate the acronym with. it looks like it is just set up to let people search for their daughter's number to find out if she is turning tricks.

Wanaque police nab 5 in Craigslist stakeout

~~~MSM Note: Holy Sh*t! Let's be extra f*cking careful out there!!~~~

Wanaque police nab 5 in craigslist stakeout
Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NorthJersey.com
STAFF WRITER

WANAQUE -- Police responded to an online advertisement that offered "full service" massages with a sting operation that nabbed five people on drug and prostitution charges, authorities say.

A tipster phoned police on Monday and alerted them to the advertisement on craigslist that offered a massage for $200. The listing also provided phone numbers, which undercover detectives used to set up a meeting on Tuesday in a parking lot behind the Burger King off Union Avenue, police said.

Police began a stake-out of the parking lot on Tuesday afternoon. Around 6 p.m., police said, two women arrived in a car driven by T*** S****, 20, of West Milford. In the car were M****** V*****, 29, of Wanaque, and R*** F*****, 24, of West Milford, police said.

Wanaque police officers Charles Sahanas and Sgt. Charles Huber were in plainclothes and moved in to make the arrest. They searched the car and the suspects, and found three hypodermic syringes and six bags of suspected heroin in F*****'s possession, police said.

Police learned by way of a background check that S**** and V****** had numerous outstanding traffic warrants against them, authorities said. During the arrest, S**** allegedly bolted toward a nearby construction site, but was apprehended by police.

V**** and F***** were each charged with prostitution, police said, and F****was charged with prostitution, possession of heroin, and possession of drug paraphernalia. S**** was charged with driving while suspended and resisting arrest, according to police, and all three were sent to the Passaic County Jail, where they remained today.

Earlier in the day, the stake-out yielded an unrelated drug arrest, police said.

Last edited: