Votes: 7 5.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Never

Votes: 8 6.7%

• Total voters

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
How many photos does a CL girl have to send out before she gives up her "reasonable expectation of privacy"?

(note that this somehwhat of a compound question: this issue is not whter girls who send out photos should have their photos posted; the question is about discussing/reviewing girls who have sent out their photos, and at what point do they become "ripe" for discussion).

Think about this...

I'm surprised by the voting so far. Here's a true story:

A woman responds to my ES ad saying (paraphrasing here) that she's been scanning the ads looking for the right situation, hasn't found a good fit yet, but is interested in my offer. No picture is attached to this ad.

I send a return message answering some of her questions and (I think) asking for a photo (I can't remember if I asked for it or she offered it up - not sure it matters either way). Her next message comes with a full face pic (no blurring, cropping, sunglasses, or any other attempted disguise).

We meet, and over the course of the evening even a die-hard skeptic like me ends up concluding that this was almost certainly her first commercial sex transaction. Over time I learn that she has a white collar day job that probably generates a solid six-figure income.

Did she give up any reasonable expectation of privacy when she sent me that photo?

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by slinkybender
How many photos does a CL girl have to send out before she gives up her "reasonable expectation of privacy"?
I think the number is far less important than the manner.

what is a "CL girl" exactly?

the very nature of this poll suggests two things:

1) that a "CL girl" is a certain thing

- & -

2) that mongers have some sort ownership of these girls by virtue of the fact that they are hooking.

in the case of lemon's lady, the very act of sending the unblurred face shot says loudly that the exchange is an intimate one intended just for the recipient. as lemon knows, to forward that ladies photo and information would be a violation. what she did is none of your business or my business. period.

~ xxx.

Slinky Bender

Re: what is a "CL girl" exactly?

Originally posted by xxx_xoxo
the very nature of this poll suggests two things:

1) that a "CL girl" is a certain thing

- & -

2) that mongers have some sort ownership of these girls by virtue of the fact that they are hooking.
You couldn't be more wrong on both counts if you tired (fortunately for you, you seem to have an innate ability, and don't even need to try).

You come up with these two stements out of thin air. It doesn't matter that a CL girl is, or is not, "a certain thing" as to when or whether they give up a reasonable expectation to a right of privacy for commiting certain acts. If that were true, we'd have to make different laws for different people. Fortunately... we don't.

Secondly, there is no "ownership" issue in the least, and certainly not having anything to do with whether they are hooking or not. Unfortunately, there is a "logic issue", which appears to be why you are having problem with it:

If someone sends out, of their own free will, their own image along with an offer of some sort of service, at what point do they lose the right to maintain that the service is "private", and shouldn't be reviewed... or actually even spoken about in any way.

PS WTF are you doing here during the day? Go back to being a vampire.

Slinky Bender

Originally posted by justme
I find this to be exactly like the address isue that we debated on JAG years ago.
And I think that not only was that discussion worth having, but I'm highly confident that my answer was the correct one :p.

I think that this is one of those times where the hard logic of the situation flies in the face of the humanit****n aspect of the same.

It is certainly logical to state that a person who uses a public medium to provide details of the aspects of their business, particularly when presented with other information [like a picture] that would easily indentify them to others, is making themselves fair game for open discussion and review of those services.

On the other hand is the fact that the intent of the individual can be, as in the case Lemon cites, easily discerned as far different.

Its an ethical conundrum.

There is a very simple test for such things. You simply ask yourself how you would wish to be treated in similar circumstances should the situation be reversed, then you do that.

Slinky Bender

Originally posted by Thorn
There is a very simple test for such things. You simply ask yourself how you would wish to be treated in similar circumstances should the situation be reversed, then you do that.
I've often told my friends that the day I start acting like a total brain dead moron, they could do me a favor by taking me out and shooting me. So what should I do to these CL girls?

PS how would you like to get treated by LE if you were coaght breaking the law? Does that mean you believe that's the way everyone who breaks the law should get treated by LE? I highly doubt it.

a simple question from the little vampire

dear slinky,

as a service provider in this community, how much of a reasonable expectation of privacy do you have?

~ xxx

Slinky Bender

Re: a simple question from the little vampire

dear slinky,

as a service provider in this community, how much of a reasonable expectation of privacy do you have?

~ xxx
As much, or as little, as I've got a reasonable expectation to be.

Have I sent my photo out to anyone in order to solicit business?
("I'm slinkybender, advertise on my PMB because I look the best; here's my photo to prove it)
If I have, then I can't complain as much if that person shares it.

Here's a good example of why you are wrong in how you are thinking about this: let's say some girl doesn't send out photos AT ALL. She sees some guy in his appartment, and unbeknownst to her, he has a hidden camera, and takes her pic. He then publishes that photo. I suppose you think there's no difference?

But this is really all a smoke screen anyway...... because the issue isn't posting photographs. We're talking about reviews. And my guess is that there aren't too many people who get talked about (and in the most negative way possible) than ME, on many sites. And we're also not talking about "real people" in the sense that "who" is getting reviewed is some "hooker name" *. In that same way, some girl using a "hooker name", sending out her photo, offering prostitution, etc. and then gets all offended when guys talk about her is being unrealistic and unreasonable. (it's funny that you are trying to focus on the photo aspect of it, even though this was clearly spawned from the review discussion in another thread. But I guess if you didn't, your agrument would be too easily shown up for the toatl BS that it is).

It's also funny, because you want to be bringing up these issues, but you certainly haven't had any problem in joining in on similar types of discussion when it was talking about me. So who's the fucking hypocrite? I'll also note you've been totally silent in criticising people who have engaged in "outing" type behaviour, but try to act as if you are some protector of poeple's rights to privacy, blah, blah, blah. you are just plain full of shit. Or perhaps you care to tell the story of a certain poster making an attempt to out someone, you saw it, and then were stangely silent about castigating him in another forum you two shared? (go ahead, prove me wrong.... or shut the fuck up**).

* and that's why no one is screaming when "slinkybender" get's all sorts of false stuff posted about "him". Although even that's funny because you, and some of your friends, seem to have more problems with true statements being made about service providers than with lies being posted about me. You seem to think that is all just good fun.

** and if that sounds like a warning... it's because it is.

Re: Re: a simple question from the little vampire

* and that's why no one is screaming when "slinkybender" get's all sorts of false stuff posted about "him". Although even that's funny because you, and some of your friends, seem to have more problems with true statements being made about service providers than with lies being posted about me. You seem to think that is all just good fun.
The part I find laughable is how whenever someone posts on the CL forums, the poster is accused of being you....................

if it is true.....where the hell do you find the time to get your dick sucked????

serious matters

I'll also note you've been totally silent in criticising people who have engaged in "outing" type behaviour, but try to act as if you are some protector of poeple's rights to privacy, blah, blah, blah. you are just plain full of shit. Or perhaps you care to tell the story of a certain poster making an attempt to out someone, you saw it, and then were stangely silent about castigating him in another forum you two shared?
i remember well the incident you are talking about. in my mind it was VERY serious, and i handled it privately off of the board. i believe there are things that definitely should not be handled in a public forum.

slinky, i believe that a pmb is a place to share information and build community and goof off. and, as you stated "we're also not talking about 'real people' in the sense that "who" is getting reviewed is some 'hooker name'". (i don't take any of this personally ~ and i know when i am wrong or fall short.)

personal business with REAL-real people has no place on a pmb. when that individual went sideways on the other board, i just took it right off of the board. public discussion of these things would just have drawn more attention to it. i believe that was the correct way for ME to handle it, but i also see your point about making a denouncement on the board.

i would hope it is obvious to anyone reading this board that i am just playing with you... and you do make it so fun! i am not malicious and i am not harming anyone. i do fully expect to be banned from this board, and i want to make sure that i earn that privilege ;-)

~ xxx.

Last edited:

Slinky Bender

Re: serious matters

slinky, i believe that a pmb is a place to share information
You wouldn't know it from what appears to be statements advocating not sharing information. I guess it depends on who's ox is being gored.

i do fully expect to be banned from this board
Would you prefer sooner or later?

TheRedDragon

BLT about to become toast
Re: Re: Re: a simple question from the little vampire

Originally posted by jseah
The part I find laughable is how whenever someone posts on the CL forums, the poster is accused of being you....................

if it is true.....where the hell do you find the time to get your dick sucked????
Wow. Talk about fluffing. Looks like Slinky's getting his dick sucked right here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: a simple question from the little vampire

Originally posted by TheRedDragon
Wow. Talk about fluffing. Looks like Slinky's getting his dick sucked right here.
Now why would I want to fluff slinky? He doesn't even have the common courtesy to give me a reach around.......

TheRedDragon

BLT about to become toast
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a simple question from the little vampire

Originally posted by jseah
He doesn't even have the common courtesy to give me a reach around.......
I always thought he was that type of homo.

Meanwhile, why are we still debating this stupid issue? If someone -- ANYONE -- sends you a picture of themselves in confidence, you should NOT show it to anyone else without that person's permission.

Can't one of the goddamned lawyers on this board clear up the legal issue here, as well? A personally addressed communication, such as an ***** or letter, is intended for the recipient only ....

Christ Almighty.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a simple question from the little vampire

Originally posted by TheRedDragon
Can't one of the goddamned lawyers on this board clear up the legal issue here, as well? A personally addressed communication, such as an ***** or letter, is intended for the recipient only ....

Christ Almighty.
Maybe they need to put a disclaimer at the end of their *****s.....like the website disclaimers that the fee is for companionship only and anything else that happens is between consenting adults.....