Chiropractic

Has anyone had either a positive or negative experience with a Chiropractor.. I am skeptical, but willing to give a try in lieu of meds, extensive PT or surgery for lower back pain caused by herniated and the onset of degenerative discs..

My SO has significant problems like you describe... she found relief from ultra deep massage. The guy she sees in Westchester developed a specific technique, with the idea that when your bones are out of alignment it is because your muscles are not doing their job to hold things in place.

He says that “Rolfing” practitioners are pretty close in terms of concept and approach.

She was at a point that doctors were recommending surgery. This guy was/is a miracle worker.

I started seeing a Chiropractor weekly 12 years ago when I was in constant pain from degenerative discs L4,L5,S1. Usually if I over did it the pain would last a day or two but this time it wasn't going away. I was worried I'd be in pain for the rest of my life. Decided to try a Chiropractor who was also a friend of mine and in 3 or 4 visits I was pain free again. Been going weekly and have been pain free ever since. The treatment that helped the best was flexion distraction as it spreads open the discs. I also get massage, heat and electrical stim which relaxes the muscles. Give it a shot, it might help.

Once you start going to a chiropractor, you basically can't stop going cause it's short term fixes. I had herniated and bulging discs with stenosis, all from years of contact sports and BJJ. Did PT and got an epidural. No more pain, just some pins and needles every now and again.

Used to go to a Chiropractor. My spine was almost pretzel-like. He got it straightened out. Haven't had a pinched nerve in 12 years, and they were becoming an all too common occurrence. Haven't been back to one in close to 5 years but still feel good