Childish Baseball Arguments

Has anyone followed the barstools Cusack development? Might be inline with this thread.
Yes, and I see no problem at all with someone rooting for both NY teams in any sport. When Steve was young, he told me that he was a Met fan, but also liked the Yanks a little bit. So he liked both teams. Then when the Yanks were winning, He jumped onto the Yank bandwagon, and he blamed the Mets for not winning enough. I get it.

DeGrom made 15 starts and pitched 92 innings. 3 trips to the DL / never pitched after July 18th.
That right there tells me his arm IS suspect.
Cole made 30 starts and pitched 181 innings. 1 COVID DL stint (11 days) Missed 2 starts.

DeGrom's list of 2021 ailments below:
  • Right lat tightness
  • Right side tightness
  • Right flexor tendinitis
  • Right shoulder soreness
  • Right forearm tightness (his current ailment)
Lets not forget the slight tear he has in his UCL, did you Mets fans suddenly forget about that? Must be that selective memory you all have to live with. Just living on those memories of '86 three and a half decades later.

I didn't once debate who was better, everyone with any baseball knowledge knows its DeGrom. 15 Starts and a slight tear in his UCL, how far is that going to get you in 2022? I don't need to be a dr to understand the obvious optics that are staring at all you Mets fans in the face.

The Mets almost signed Bauer for crying out loud! LMAO!! The woman beater, would fit in with their culture of years past.

7 out of 10 Mets fans would wash out Cole's sweaty jock to have him on their team in that ballpark.
300 million dollar man? AIn't my money!

And NONE of them stats is "silly" like you said.....
I wouldnt touch a pen to sign Cole now. He hasn't been a big time pitcher for the yankees. He lost his grip literally i guess.

Degrom will be back in 2022.

I really don't think this is a pitching issue for them. Outside of Judge and Stanton there lineup is mediocre.

Combined C - 200k and .200 average
SS - 100K
2b - 100k
CF - 100k and .222 average
3B - 100k
and the 2 guys above that carried the team for the end of the season combine for 320k

You want to blame Cashman for that, I can see your point. In current baseball the manager is a puppet/cheerleader. If you want to make a move just to say you did something, I get it.
But in reality the lineup isn't close to good enough.
I’ve been saying that all season.
Most have been underachieving.
I’m not sure why but someone is to blame. If it was just one guy then you could say it was the player but when it’s most of the lineup you have to make changes.
George would have fired everyone from the Gm Down to the clubhouse chef and his limo driver.

I’m not concerned with the Mets do. we have Enough problems to care about their shit show.

I’ve been saying that all season.
Most have been underachieving.
I’m not sure why but someone is to blame. If it was just one guy then you could say it was the player but when it’s most of the lineup you have to make changes.
George would have fired everyone from the Gm Down to the clubhouse chef and his limo driver.

I’m not concerned with the Mets do. we have Enough problems to care about their shit show.
I agree with what George would have done, but it doesnt mean it would have been the right decision. Maybe it would? Who knows.

I agree with what George would have done, but it doesnt mean it would have been the right decision. Maybe it would? Who knows.
He didn’t make too many good deals but he always tried. He was lucky to have stick to real him in a bit.
Hal must be more like his mom.

I'm over the Yankees right now.
I’ll be rooting for a NL team in the World Series.

My Giants are killing me.
it doesn’t seem like there’s too many Giants fans on UG.

He didn’t make too many good deals but he always tried. He was lucky to have stick to real him in a bit.
Hal must be more like his mom.

I'm over the Yankees right now.
I’ll be rooting for a NL team in the World Series.

My Giants are killing me.
it doesn’t seem like there’s too many Giants fans on UG.
Yes, nobody ever tried harder to win than George. I always gave him credit. He also never said a politically correct statement. he always said it like it is. As nuts as he was, I would have love him as an owner of a team I rooted for.

Yes, nobody ever tried harder to win than George. I always gave him credit. He also never said a politically correct statement. he always said it like it is. As nuts as he was, I would have love him as an owner of a team I rooted for.
Facts . He was off his rocker, like a Grandpa with no filter. That being said i more times than not liked how he handled himself.

He was like a Fan who could make things happen.

I used to love when Mike Francesa used to interview George. he said it like it is and held nothing back which I like and respect. They were great interviews.

billyS

Reign of Terror
This might sound weird coming from a life long Yankees fan but I was rooting for the Red Sox to beat Tampa.

When we played them in the WC game I realized that besides Cora (cheater) there is no one that is really hateable on that team.
Bogarts and Devers are just solid stars who put their heads down and play hard. No show boating, no loud quotes.
No one really mouths off on that team. If they keep winning it will be the media that rubs it in the Yankee's face not the Sox themselves.

The same can't be said for Houston or Tampa.
Glad Tampa is gone, at some point their luck with picking up cheap players has to end.
Houston has a great offense though and will be tough to beat.

Boston battered the Tampa’s pitching something the Yankees couldn’t do. They had the league best ERA at 3.67.

The Yankees had the third worst team batting average at .237.

Boston battered the Tampa’s pitching something the Yankees couldn’t do. They had the league best ERA at 3.67.

The Yankees had the third worst team batting average at .237.
This might sound weird coming from a life long Yankees fan but I was rooting for the Red Sox to beat Tampa.

When we played them in the WC game I realized that besides Cora (cheater) there is no one that is really hateable on that team.
Bogarts and Devers are just solid stars who put their heads down and play hard. No show boating, no loud quotes.
No one really mouths off on that team. If they keep winning it will be the media that rubs it in the Yankee's face not the Sox themselves.

The same can't be said for Houston or Tampa.
Glad Tampa is gone, at some point their luck with picking up cheap players has to end.
Houston has a great offense though and will be tough to beat.
When I was watching Boston, I was thinking, just about ever player in that lineup, hits the ball as hard as Stanton and Judge. crazy.