Cheesecake

Somehow came across this thread while searching for something else. Amazing.

Has anyone come across fresh italian style cheesecake? I had it for the first time a couple of years ago and it was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. But, that was homemade and I've never seen it offered in a restaurant. Think I'm ruined :(

Has anyone come across fresh italian style cheesecake? I had it for the first time a couple of years ago and it was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. But, that was homemade and I've never seen it offered in a restaurant. Think I'm ruined :(
I've only had it home made too.
You can ask your favorite Italian baker if and when they make it.
Or depending on your comfort in the kitchen. Make it yourself.
There are a few recipes online.

For classic cheesecake my vote goes to cascon cheesecake Corp in northeast queens, Mr Bill's in lindenhurst and juniors. For Italian style believe it or not Carlos bakery( cake boss)

I always found Zaro's to be a great cheesecake. I used to buy it in Grand Central Station. They had the traditional New York style plain and also the strawberry cheesecake. I believe they are in Penn Station and other locations. A true new York tradition. Bon appetite!!!!!!!

You may laugh ... the frozen aisle in your supermarket ... Sarah Lee's frozen french cheesecake with the graham cracker crust.
I'm not laughing — just suspicious of anything that is sold in Wal-Mart and that contains high fructose corn syrup. This product has both.

Try Mamas of Corona.