CHEATING PATRIOTS - ANY DOUBT LEFT?

pokler

Power Bottom
Yes other teams dab in the grey, this isn't that. This is highly coordinated efforts to cheat. When Bill and Parcels was on the giants they bend the rules by opened the truck gates so the kickers have a harder time kicking field goals. This is very different and systematic. Again, multiple times caught and we are still unsure of other areas they are still dabbing into. We can't truly know if one or both are great. History, say no to both. Bill with the Browns was a losing coach, and Brady was no talent or on anyones radar.
Greatness does not need to cheat to win. They stand alone and apart. Do you question Armstrong success? I do.
Babe Ruth was great, still is great and accomplished things impossible in his era...no steroids to help. He stands alone.
Preserving the integrity of his sport is job # 1 of any commissioner. If there was a bit of truth to your nonsense Brady would have gone the way of Pete Rose long ago.

I don't think so.

When you introduce the aspect of gambling and being able to directly alter the outcome of a game, be it boxing, football, baseball or any other competition by refusing to compete and allowing an opponent to win, that is quite a bit different than looking for tactics to gain an edge for victory.

The former is purely for great financial gain and truly a breakdown in a person's psychology, in that a trained athlete is designed to win and he/she has surrendered his/her duty to the integrity of the profession.

The latter is an increased desire and to cheat for the sake of victory.

The most despicable cheating that can never be forgiven involves in some way maiming an opponent or physically disabling them by physical injury or harm so they can no longer perform and are rendered incompetent. (examples: adding drugs to the water or food supply; have thugs give you a beating, using acids and chemicals to affect one's eyesight, laxatives in the Gatorade, et cetera) All of those have been used at one time or another to secure a victory.

Only in warfare is it allowed to win by any means possible.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Why would they stop cheating if they have been caught multiple times and they get parking tickets? It's like when the Feds enforced a National 55 mph speed limit and if a state didn't enforce it they took away their Fed highway funds. So in Montana if you went over the limit and got pulled over you stuck a ten dollar bill out the window and the Statey would grab it and off you went.

Exactly, why would anyone have to cheat vs the Bengals. That is what makes it worse. And to say, you dont think they cheated, is crazy. They did, and they got caught once again. Plus they lied about it right off the bat, then they really got caught and basically fessed up. They already said, they will pay their dues...
Not this season, but the Bengals stand to get the number 1 pick in the draft, which is Joe Burrow, so getting a jump on the organization now, will help in future years when Brady and Belichick are gone. The Pat's organization are forward thinkers as well as today thinkers. They know what they got now, but know the future isn't looking too good with both those guys retiring soon. Might as well get a jump on a possible showdown 3 seasons from now.

Very well said but not sure I can agree with your inference Brady is an ordinary player made great by his coach’s genius. Think back to the greatest super bowl ever played against Atlanta. Only a master QB can bring back his team and win that way under that pressure.
For my benefit, Pokler, please refrain from bringing up the Atlanta Super Bowl -- and also, while you are it, please also refrain from bringing up the Seahawks' Super Bowl.

True Story: So, I am watching the Atlanta Falcons and Matty Ice on a first half scoring frenzy and I am predicting a total Patriot embarrassment of about 60 to 14 by the time I finish my last corn chip with hummus-garlic spread in the 4th quarter.

My never-watched-a-sport-in-her-life wife prances by the television set, even unaware that the Super Bowl is on, with her eyes drawn to the image of #12 on the Patriots and to other players on both sides.

She asks who is winning because I seldom look this happy watching football, being a Jet fan. So, knowing she does not know football, I tell her that the red team is winning big time. She looks at Brady one more time and says what most women say "Wow, he is handsome. And the blue team is more handsome than the red team. The blue team will definitely win this game."

I retort: "Are you crazy? Just because they are better looking? They are in a hole. Even if Atlanta falls asleep and scores a few field goals and plays a little D, this one is in the history books."

She replies, "Impossible. Number 12 and those boys are too handsome to lose."

Well, if you think about it, Muhammed Ali used to brag "I'm too pretty to lose."

Possibly another part of the game that needs factoring into the equation.

Preserving the integrity of his sport is job # 1 of any commissioner. If there was a bit of truth to your nonsense Brady would have gone the way of Pete Rose long ago.
Truth to my nonsense? ... They have been caught cheating, correct multiple times..no?

The fact that it is the NFL and owners stand to make a lot of $$$, means they will not openly bash their cash cow. The commissioner is there to do the owners bidding. He did after all order the destruction of tapes when the Pats were caught the 1st time. Who in their right mind destroys evidence?
You must be a bitter Pats fan that can't bring yourself to admit the truth that they CHEAT.

sorry, not sorry

pokler

Power Bottom
How many fucking times do you need your political commentary deleted before you get the hint?
Truth to my nonsense? ... They have been caught cheating, correct multiple times..no?

The fact that it is the NFL and owners stand to make a lot of $$$, means they will not openly bash their cash cow. The commissioner is there to do the owners bidding. He did after all order the destruction of tapes when the Pats were caught the 1st time. Who in their right mind destroys evidence?
You must be a bitter Pats fan that can't bring yourself to admit the truth that they CHEAT.

sorry, not sorry

Mod Note: there is a reason the Politics and Religion thread was closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
We will never know, because the consistently cheat. Brady was a very low draft pick (don't mean much); but the guy looked like a clown in the combine - no athletic skills.
So when I look at that entire picture it is clear to me that they are cheats, they have been cheating and will continue to do so. As far as Brady... i don't know how good or bad he is because of the cheating. Bill waa a horrible coach previously and then went to the Pats and now is great. Brady was horrible and no one wanted him and is now great... coincidence i think not.
So, I do know they both cheat, however, I believe that they are both great at what they do.

Yes other teams dab in the grey, this isn't that. This is highly coordinated efforts to cheat. When Bill and Parcels was on the giants they bend the rules by opened the truck gates so the kickers have a harder time kicking field goals. This is very different and systematic. Again, multiple times caught and we are still unsure of other areas they are still dabbing into. We can't truly know if one or both are great. History, say no to both. Bill with the Browns was a losing coach, and Brady was no talent or on anyones radar.
Greatness does not need to cheat to win. They stand alone and apart. Do you question Armstrong success? I do.
Babe Ruth was great, still is great and accomplished things impossible in his era...no steroids to help. He stands alone.
Babe Ruth is and always will be the greatest baseball player ever.

Everyone cheats in order to make things easier or less burdonsome.
So let’s not act so surprised when someone whose done happens to be an
NFL coach. And don’t be judgemental
since you yourself cheat .
Please stop!
There is gamesmanship and then there is cheating.
Sure other teams go into the grey.
Others cross lines and go too far... this is such a team. They cant win without the aid of cheats... just like the kids on playstations with an app to help him cheat and win everytime.
So now go away with your silly remarks.

Everyone cheats in order to make things easier or less burdonsome.
So let’s not act so surprised when someone whose done happens to be an
NFL coach. And don’t be judgemental
since you yourself cheat .
Sure, we all cheat. I would like to think that I have integrity and I believe I do have honesty and integrity most of the time. But there are those times when the opportunity is just so tempting, I just can't resist breaking the rules. It could be as simple as jaywalking. (and surely I am not so delusional as to believe that "jaywalking" is the extent of my transgressions on this earth)

My rule of thumb is "do as you may, as long as it does not hurt another individual." But who knows if it does not affect another individual? Every action has a reverberatory effect. And nothing is really innocuous.

Hey, a youngster could see me jaywalking and copy my example and get hit by a car and if the injury is serious, it would cause great strife for his family.

The Patriots winning year after year, if it is by cheating, it causes great disparity and could cause players and coaches to lose jobs because they are being compared to a team with players and coaches made of the same flesh and blood but consistently outperforming everybody else. All the owners and even fans will criticize their teams' coaches and players and wonder why they are always underperforming as compared to the Patriots. Owners lose confidence and fans start to boo and it gets ugly.

But, still, the Patriots, the organization and Sir Belichick are phenomenal and would have accomplished most of what they accomplished probably without cheating because of their discipline and execution. But knowing the other teams' moves is a
very powerful tool to come into the game with and knowing that you don't have to always rely on hunches and appearances really is a great relief and confidence-builder.

A quarterback like Peyton Manning called a lot of audibles, if you remember "OMAHA, OMAHA," which helped negate a lot of dubious forewarnings of plays. But his record against the Patriots was not stellar.

And the Patriots have a lot of pressure and expectations from the "faithful" in Foxboro, who would soon become "unfaithful" if their boys lost a few games. It certainly is not easy getting to the top. And it takes tremendous know-how to "stay" on top. Everybody is copying your system and absolutely anybody would succumb to the pressure and almost by any means possible grab an edge if it is available at minimal risk of being caught.

But, too many scrutinizing eyes are now on the Patriots. They had better be extremely careful.

pokler

Power Bottom
Please stop!
There is gamesmanship and then there is cheating.
Sure other teams go into the grey.
Others cross lines and go too far... this is such a team. They cant win without the aid of cheats... just like the kids on playstations with an app to help him cheat and win everytime.
So now go away with your silly remarks.
You are the one saying 100% of all Patriots wins including all Super Bowls is attributable to them cheating. You are the one who needs to go away or get a better understanding of the game .