CHEATING PATRIOTS - ANY DOUBT LEFT?

So, the patriots have been cheating for years caught on several occasions. Not to mentions the many rumors of cheating from other sports teams. There was a wall street analyst that compiled data that spoke of the percentage of wins by NE and by his estimations it can only be cheating. They stand out on so many data points that it can be nothing else.
They have been caught so many times its unbelievable they are still playing in the NFL. I'm sure behind closed doors other owners are fuming but will not say anything publicly since it will hurt their product and bottom line...

With this latest travesty... how many of you do think they are cheats? Never stopped cheating? Or don't really cheat?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Cheating is in their DNA. Notice after the first time they were caught it was years before they won another Super Bowl.

Some may be aware that Patriots RBs had fumble issues, a year later it went away... people credited Bill with coaching the team... no they started to use a deflated ball so it can be held tighter.

Additionally, Bills has a friend on team by the name Earnie Adams.. no one knows what his job is on the team. However, Earnie purportedly has a photographic memory. I suspect Bill uses Earnie to memorise the films and signals. This is viewed on the field and recognized by Earnie who sends it to Brady. How right.....
Well when Doug Flutie was played he said he was shocked once when he went in to cover the starting QB and the headset never went off. Again, i suspect that is how they are sending Earnies Brain power to Brady. Many have complained of headset issue at Gillette's stadium.
Bill was recruiter directly from the Jets for this very reason to win at any cost. And, he ran out of NY to the Pats to get the opportunity to bend and break rules to win (his mentor Tuna was famous for that at Meadowlands, bend but not break it).
Finance, they never have issues with payroll... Brady takes pay cuts to get gets on the team... hmmm really. No, Kraft has many companies at his disposal to pay players and Brady from one of those businesses. Football is usually short lived and thus many players want their cash upfront... not Brady and others. They can also pay other family members as a second layer to avoid scrutiny. Add, blunt going to Steelers who caused issues for the team; they had to cut him. He was quickly picked up by the pats and I'm sure playbook in hand. He laughed about it... i think it was planned from the previous year.

Too many coincidences with the patriots.

I think everyone team does some sort of “cheating”. Some more, some less. I give the Pats credit. They’re really good at it. Can’t argue with success
I am by no means a Patriots' fan. However, the organization is an amazing model of success. Kraft spends money and Belichick is a genius. They just calculate every minute particle of the game to gain an edge. Cheating to them is never cheating until they are caught and labeled cheaters. And even then, they just don't care. "Let's move on to Cincinnati."

Past is past for them. They never celebrate prematurely. They never rest on their laurels. They "just do your jobs."

If they could buy your playbook, they would. They will do anything to win. But they still have to execute to win. Nobody does that for them. They are usually in the game on every loss up until the waning seconds. So, you cannot take that away from them. Their will to win, preparation, confidence and comebacks time after time after time is still nothing short of amazing.

Without cheating, they would still have accomplished most of what they accomplished. Okay, lets be generous and take a couple of Super Bowls away from them. But beating Atlanta after being destroyed in the first half of Super Bowl LI was absolutely inexplicable. That took ironclad will.

Hey, when Brady re-inflated the pigskin to 13 PSI, he didn't miss a beat. They will cheat and bend the rules to gain an unfair advantage but the tight organization is still a marvel to behold.

But this year in the AFC, the Chiefs, the Ravens and even the Bills all can compete and the Patriot's air of invincibility is shattered.

Praises to Tom Coughlin and the Giants for beating them in two Super Bowls.

Yes they still have to execute. However, you are thinking one dimensionally. What they do is get ever edge possible. So, deflate the ball so the RBs don't fumble (really wasn't for Brady) however, it does help him a tiny bit too since he likes it that way. They will also steal your signs, or your playbook and block your radio or anything else they can get away with. So, saying they got caught with deflated ball and Brady still took them apart does not mean much, it simply means the just increased what they can do on the signals etc... its easy to execute when you know what is coming and how the defense will be played. There is a reason the say on any given Sunday. But both teams can win games and a small degree of change can have a lopsided effect, think 1 or 2 turnovers can change a game... imagine if you knew exactly was coming both offensively and defensively... you can score and shut a team down.
There is such a thing as sportsmanship... this team has none. They are straight up cheats. Collin K was done after a protest, 3 time cheats but can still play the game... i think they both deserve the same fate.

pokler

Power Bottom
Yes they still have to execute. However, you are thinking one dimensionally. What they do is get ever edge possible. So, deflate the ball so the RBs don't fumble (really wasn't for Brady) however, it does help him a tiny bit too since he likes it that way. They will also steal your signs, or your playbook and block your radio or anything else they can get away with. So, saying they got caught with deflated ball and Brady still took them apart does not mean much, it simply means the just increased what they can do on the signals etc... its easy to execute when you know what is coming and how the defense will be played. There is a reason the say on any given Sunday. But both teams can win games and a small degree of change can have a lopsided effect, think 1 or 2 turnovers can change a game... imagine if you knew exactly was coming both offensively and defensively... you can score and shut a team down.
There is such a thing as sportsmanship... this team has none. They are straight up cheats. Collin K was done after a protest, 3 time cheats but can still play the game... i think they both deserve the same fate.
If you think that Brady would have lost that game had the ball been fully inflated then you have lots to learn about football in the USA.

We will never know, because the consistently cheat. Brady was a very low draft pick (don't mean much); but the guy looked like a clown in the combine - no athletic skills.
So when I look at that entire picture it is clear to me that they are cheats, they have been cheating and will continue to do so. As far as Brady... i don't know how good or bad he is because of the cheating. Bill waa a horrible coach previously and then went to the Pats and now is great. Brady was horrible and no one wanted him and is now great... coincidence i think not.

I don't think they were cheating. Why would anyone cheat against the Bengals? And if you want to know how Belichick does it read Ian O'Conner book "Belichick - The Making of the Greatest Football Coach of All Time".

I don't think they were cheating. Why would anyone cheat against the Bengals? And if you want to know how Belichick does it read Ian O'Conner book "Belichick - The Making of the Greatest Football Coach of All Time".
Exactly, why would anyone have to cheat vs the Bengals. That is what makes it worse. And to say, you dont think they cheated, is crazy. They did, and they got caught once again. Plus they lied about it right off the bat, then they really got caught and basically fessed up. They already said, they will pay their dues...

Pats fans don't want to admit their team have cheated.
I guess Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa and Bonds are the greatest of home run hitters... sorry no. They cheated as well and shoukd be scratched from the record books. The difference here is Pats have been caught numerous times... get your head out of the sand if you think they won on their own merits.
They will cheat against anyone bengals or high competition because they don't want to leave anything to chance.
So much so that Kraft also cheated on his girl at Day Spa...lol :)

Not a Jets fan. But NY fan and fan of great players.. Peyton, Montana, Marino etc. This guy Tom, is just a thief disguised as a QB.

Ps. Those who call Bill the best coach ever... Did he uncover this mastermind overnight in NE? He sure didn't have it when he coached the Browns... I guess he bought the genius pill when he joined the Pats. Its clear as day to me that the last 20 years these guys have been up to no good. But, that is my opinion based on the proof before me. If you choose to ignore the many times they have been caught then that is your choice.
They will be caught more times as it continues.. or just get better doing it. I for one, hope they are banned for live. But I know it won't happen because the NFL makes a ton of money of these games and they won't tarnish it.

pokler

Power Bottom
Pats fans don't want to admit their team have cheated.
I guess Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa and Bonds are the greatest of home run hitters... sorry no. They cheated as well and shoukd be scratched from the record books. The difference here is Pats have been caught numerous times... get your head out of the sand if you think they won on their own merits.
They will cheat against anyone bengals or high competition because they don't want to leave anything to chance.
So much so that Kraft also cheated on his girl at Day Spa...lol :)
Dude you are a sore loser plain and simple. You obviously root for Patriots opponents and when they lose the big games you get sore and accuse the winning team of cheating lol .

Not a Jets fan. But NY fan and fan of great players.. Peyton, Montana, Marino etc. This guy Tom, is just a thief disguised as a QB.

Ps. Those who call Bill the best coach ever... Did he uncover this mastermind overnight in NE? He sure didn't have it when he coached the Browns... I guess he bought the genius pill when he joined the Pats. Its clear as day to me that the last 20 years these guys have been up to no good. But, that is my opinion based on the proof before me. If you choose to ignore the many times they have been caught then that is your choice.
They will be caught more times as it continues.. or just get better doing it. I for one, hope they are banned for live. But I know it won't happen because the NFL makes a ton of money of these games and they won't tarnish it.
Clearly, you have forgotten his years as Giant's defensive coordinator.

Please don't accuse me of being a Patriots' fan. The last time I rooted for a Patriots' team was when Jim Plunkett played. (predates some of your births by 50 years)

But surely we can be honest and call a spade a spade. Cheating or no cheating, Bill Belichick is a genius with respect to football and has evolved the game to a new standard that did not exist prior.

Sure, there were dynasties and phenomenal coaches prior. Lombardi was another football freak. Parcells and Tom Landry, Shula, Chuck Noll, Gibbs, Johnson, Vermeil, Bill Walsh and others were all comparable. (talking only NFL now)

But give Bill the credit he deserves. He just scours every aspect of the game. Sure he masterminds this espionage and that is one part of his game, knowing and illegally spying on the opponent. I give him a 15 percent edge on the game with his illegal reconnaissance work. And every team does it to some degree.

He would have won without Brady. History bears that out. And that is his genius. Bill takes ordinary men and Brady certainly was ordinary. (And his ordinariness fueled his desire to be great. He plays with a chip on his shoulder for all the years he was passed by) Ordinary damned no-names like Edelman, Amendola, Woodhead and throw some stars in the soup, an occasional Randy Moss and an unstoppable Gronk and everybody gets treated the same and it is THE BILL BELICHICK SYSTEM that thrives it all. Every man is 100% accountable on every play and in every practice. This is their job and he stole that blue-collar work ethic from Parcells. Parcells architected the Belichick philosophy but Belichick perfected it.

Sometimes an Eagles team or a Giants team or the current Ravens and Chiefs, just have had enough of the Patriots and they play smash-mouth football and all the espionage and cheating in the world can't stop a determined team with that resolve to play 60 minutes to beat Bill one time.

But, Bill will ferret out the weak link and come back and beat the same team next time.

We have to acknowledge his genius because of his consistency and total dedication to winning at any cost with any players.

pokler

Power Bottom
Very well said but not sure I can agree with your inference Brady is an ordinary player made great by his coach’s genius. Think back to the greatest super bowl ever played against Atlanta. Only a master QB can bring back his team and win that way under that pressure.

Yes other teams dab in the grey, this isn't that. This is highly coordinated efforts to cheat. When Bill and Parcels was on the giants they bend the rules by opened the truck gates so the kickers have a harder time kicking field goals. This is very different and systematic. Again, multiple times caught and we are still unsure of other areas they are still dabbing into. We can't truly know if one or both are great. History, say no to both. Bill with the Browns was a losing coach, and Brady was no talent or on anyones radar.
Greatness does not need to cheat to win. They stand alone and apart. Do you question Armstrong success? I do.
Babe Ruth was great, still is great and accomplished things impossible in his era...no steroids to help. He stands alone.