Carousel

i'm usually an afternoon customer but came here after six last night. I was met at the door by a bouncer doorman who informed
me that I had to be searched! He gave me an attitude when I told him i don't carry any weapons or phone and didn't need to be searched.
I normally spend four to five hundred a visit to Carousel (drinks/dances) Figured I would be better off leaving I was getting annoyed!
His job is to check you for weapons. He would be an idiot to believe anyone that told him they weren't carrying. It's no big deal. When I went last week he was already searching 2 guys that entered ahead of me. I waited, I showed him my license and he patted me down. Didn't bother me in the least and it's nice to know the odds of getting shot or knifed in that shithole are somewhat diminished.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Average white guy always neatly dressed! Been doing this for years, last time I had
a doorman give me a hard time was at a city club twenty years ago.
Yeah I would have just walked.
I remember about ten years ago at Cafe Royale a dirty looking Russian guy insisted he valet park my car. I told him to fuck off and left. I didn't want that dirt bag in my car.
I avoid valet parking under just about any condition but especially if the guy looks shady.

billyS

Reign of Terror
His job is to check you for weapons. He would be an idiot to believe anyone that told him they weren't carrying. It's no big deal. When I went last week he was already searching 2 guys that entered ahead of me. I waited, I showed him my license and he patted me down. Didn't bother me in the least and it's nice to know the odds of getting shot or knifed in that shithole are somewhat diminished.
I guess that's reasonable.
Thanks for offering that perspective.

Yeah I would have just walked.
I remember about ten years ago at Cafe Royale a dirty looking Russian guy insisted he valet park my car. I told him to fuck off and left. I didn't want that dirt bag in my car.
I avoid valet parking under just about any condition but especially if the guy looks shady.
With respect to valet parking—
I agree- Under very limited conditions will I let someone valet my car. To much personal information can be gotten...

With respect to valet parking—
I agree- Under very limited conditions will I let someone valet my car. To much personal information can be gotten...
I will not frequent any place that requires valet parking. Where the place has an event I need to go to such as a wedding, I will drop off my SO, and drive to a parking spot off premises. If that's not possible (almost always possible although may require a walk and it's a pain in inclement weather) when I check the place out beforehand I ask if I can tip the valet to allow me to park my car.

Also, if you rent a car, there will be a clause in the rental agreement requiring you to listing those people who are authorized to operate the vehicle. The rental agent will check those people's drivers license when you check in. If the guy doing the valet parking damages your car (I once saw a valet guy accidently smash a car into a support girder) I would think you are on the hook for the damages when you turn the car in whether or not you have rental issuance. You agree to this when you sign the agreement and the rental firm has your credit card #.

If you choose to let some stranger park your vehicle you should use the valet key that every car has ( at least every one that I owned), and lock any personal info, garage door opener, spare cash you keep in the car, etc. in the locked glove box. The valet key will only start the car. One of the cars I had allowed me to lock the trunk release and the valet key would not unlock it nor unlock the trunk from the outside.

To quote my favorite author Joseph Heller — 'Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.'

(the movie, Catch 22, was no where nearly as good as the book) — if any of you guys haven't read it, please do —it is as relevant today (maybe more so) as it was 60 years ago.

Guess you will not be a regular anymore, there loss at 500 a visit
Actually i had no problem with it,. He was looking for weapons not phones. if it keeps the place safer why would i have an issue with it ? After all it's not an infringement on my civil liberties. Ya know like wearing a mask for the protection of yourself and your fellow citizens lmfao

Did some day time reconn other day and bumped into a girl that was there a few years back, Lilly white chick back after a kid and cleaning up her act.

She is nice, easy to talk to likes her Jack Daniels ( hey who don't!). And i think attractive, teeth are a bit fucked up but i think more from bad dentistry then anything else. She has a tendency of sharing her hard luck story so great for all the strpper shrinks, not so great for the let's get down to biz customers.

I did not partake in anything more then a CPL of dances but take out is def on the table if you work it right

billyS

Reign of Terror
Before the pandemic I would go here often ... but during the day. Never crowded .. maybe 2 or 3 guys ... usually older than me .. and I am mid 50's. I never felt the place was even slightly dangerous.
That's the case with a lot of places.
Stonehenge was like that too.

Daytime harmless old white guys.
Nighttime wanna be thugs gangsta types.

YMMV in the LD rooms. I have never had take out from here - although I don't think I ever tried at this place. Management usually reads these threads in the SC threads. I got burned once at GQ in Baldwin due to overly descriptive experiences so I won't go into detials here.