Buy or Lease a car? Which is the way to go?

I've been reading stories about great advances in battery technology. Things like light weight and 600+ miles a charge. When I see those advances implemented then it will be time for me to buy an EV.
Under development, but a ways off…
Replacement batteries—

Thought process- Ultra high capacity battery’s ( 1 k range and above).. once it’s discharged , in lieu of recharging, would be going to the dealer and having your battery replaced—

Prohibitively expensive now.. Some of us won’t be alive to see this work

Paying for gas takes away from my monger money. The technology is there. The non Tesla charging is lacking but now they can use Tesla network with a subscription. You can take a trip anywhere in this country anytime and pay a quarter of what it would cost using gasoline

Next time you visit Niagara Falls check out the 25 turbines that make 2.5 million KW.
2 things:
If I decided right now at 7:35pm, to drive up to Niagara Falls from Farmingdale (google/maps 7 hr 39 min and 427 miles) in my gas powered car that just so happened to have a half tank of gas sitting in my driveway, I would have to make a fill up in about 250 miles (I get 250 miles on a half tank or 500 miles of highway driving on a full tank) so add an additional 10 minutes including taking a pee and another final fill up stop for another 10 minutes (for a total of 7 hrs 59 minutes). Kindly tell me how long it would take using your Tesla starting off with a half charge (I assume your Tesla isn't always topped off with charge just like my gas car isn't always sitting in my drive way with a full tank).

2nd. My statement was about LI. Please correct me if I am wrong but I claimed there aren't many hydroelectric generators on LI. (hint: there are none)
Anyway, in a non-drought time, NF has a capacity of (on the US side),of roughly 2,525 MW . NYS in the summer needs 32,327 MW.

Even if NYS could allocate all of Grand Coulee dams total output of 6,809MW (largest hydroelectric in US almost 3X NF - alas it is in the state of Washington) it would still be a small % of total electric power needed for NYS.

So tell me how much of NF's power reaches LI, i.e., get your f**king facts straight.

Another hidden fact that manufactures are not very forthcoming with
The stated 300 plus mile range on an extended battery EV is reduced by 20-30% in extreme heat or cold

My neighbor just bought a 74k Tesla- Beautiful car, but if it were me, I’d spend 55k and get a Lexus or similiar

Spend the other 20k on talent

2 things:
If I decided right now at 7:35pm, to drive up to Niagara Falls from Farmingdale (google/maps 7 hr 39 min and 427 miles) in my gas powered car that just so happened to have a half tank of gas sitting in my driveway, I would have to make a fill up in about 250 miles (I get 250 miles on a half tank or 500 miles of highway driving on a full tank) so add an additional 10 minutes including taking a pee and another final fill up stop for another 10 minutes (for a total of 7 hrs 59 minutes). Kindly tell me how long it would take using your Tesla starting off with a half charge (I assume your Tesla isn't always topped off with charge just like my gas car isn't always sitting in my drive way with a full tank).

2nd. My statement was about LI. Please correct me if I am wrong but I claimed there aren't many hydroelectric generators on LI. (hint: there are none)
Anyway, in a non-drought time, NF has a capacity of (on the US side),of roughly 2,525 MW . NYS in the summer needs 32,327 MW.

Even if NYS could allocate all of Grand Coulee dams total output of 6,809MW (largest hydroelectric in US almost 3X NF - alas it is in the state of Washington) it would still be a small % of total electric power needed for NYS.

So tell me how much of NF's power reaches LI, i.e., get your f**king facts straight.
genius we actually import almost all of our power here in the NYC area. We have very little “in city” generation. That was the entire concept of deregulation.

Ironically it was Nicola Tesla that first devised the power plant in Niagara Falls to transmit AC power over long distances.
Tesla was a bit of a nut job,albeit a very intelligent nut job. Interesting enough he built an experimental tower in, of all places, Shorehum.
The tower's purpose was also to transmit electrical energy without wires from the huge electricity reserve in Niagara Falls, and transmitted through the Ionosphere and the ground to the whole planet.

2 things:

You have a strong bladder to go 250 mi before stopping. When I plan a trip I leave at 100% and follow scheduled charging along my route 120-180 miles with 10-15 min charge. Nys grid is interconnected you can go to the NYISO website for real time usage and margins by zone.

Tesla was a bit of a nut job,albeit a very intelligent nut job. Interesting enough he built an experimental tower in, of all places, Shorehum.
The tower's purpose was also to transmit electrical energy without wires from the huge electricity reserve in Niagara Falls, and transmitted through the Ionosphere and the ground to the whole planet.
I was speaking of AC power transmission as opposed to DC as was Edison design. Not his experiment with wireless.

I was speaking of AC power transmission as opposed to DC as was Edison design. Not his experiment with wireless.
It was Westinghouse vs Edison where the AC vs DC, respectively, debate happened. Tesla started the debate (he worked for Edison for a short while but their egos got in the way) Edison's idea was that each small community would have its own generator, single voltage dc and Westinghouse wanted large high voltage generator servicing a large area with a transformer stepping down the voltage to usable levels for groups of users.

From an engineering, maintenance and efficiency point of view Edison's approach made little sense (it only made sense if light bulbs were the only uses for electricity) especially if your house was at the periphery of the community (voltage drops as you get away from the generator) whereas Westinghouse's approach allowed for a transformer for every couple of uses (and for a heavy user such as a commercial building its own transformer) thus no substantial voltage drops as with Edison's approach. The death knell for Edisons DC approach was the electric motor, a heavy user of electricity (note that an electric motor and generator are basically the same thing).

Telsa had patents on it that he licensed to Westinghouse.

As an interesting sideline, When the electric chair was contemplated as a means of execution Edison testified as an expert saying that AC should be used as it was so dangerous as it would cause death immediately thus more humane and his DC Should not be used as it was much safer at low voltages i.e. the voltages to be used in his. He did this as self serving to promote his low voltage DC approach.

Tesla was involved with wireless transmission of electricity, a totally impractical approach which helped him go bankrupt even though he made a fortune on his electric motor patents.

Mod: please don't delete this - I won't post anymore on the subject. I can't explain how I know so much about this as it would expose my identity.

2 things:

What kind of car do you have that you get 250 miles on a half full tank??? I get just over 300 sometimes on a full tank.

What kind of car do you have that you get 250 miles on a half full tank??? I get just over 300 sometimes on a full tank.
Can't tell you that as not to out me. But it is an SUV and I consistently get 36+ mpg from Exit 49 LIE (or so) to Boston average speed of high 60's ( and low 70's where speed limit is 65). MPG drops a tad if I pick wrong time heading thru the Bronx. I just set cruise control (over ride it when passing) and off I go.
I was stunned 1st time I took it that route (when new) as plenty of acceleration and I have a heavy foot.
I make 1 stop along the way to get a coffee while my SO has to pee.

It was Westinghouse vs Edison where the AC vs DC, respectively, debate happened. Tesla started the debate (he worked for Edison for a short while but their egos got in the way) Edison's idea was that each small community would have its own generator, single voltage dc and Westinghouse wanted large high voltage generator servicing a large area with a transformer stepping down the voltage to usable levels for groups of users.

From an engineering, maintenance and efficiency point of view Edison's approach made little sense (it only made sense if light bulbs were the only uses for electricity) especially if your house was at the periphery of the community (voltage drops as you get away from the generator) whereas Westinghouse's approach allowed for a transformer for every couple of uses (and for a heavy user such as a commercial building its own transformer) thus no substantial voltage drops as with Edison's approach. The death knell for Edisons DC approach was the electric motor, a heavy user of electricity (note that an electric motor and generator are basically the same thing).

Telsa had patents on it that he licensed to Westinghouse.

As an interesting sideline, When the electric chair was contemplated as a means of execution Edison testified as an expert saying that AC should be used as it was so dangerous as it would cause death immediately thus more humane and his DC Should not be used as it was much safer at low voltages i.e. the voltages to be used in his. He did this as self serving to promote his low voltage DC approach.

Tesla was involved with wireless transmission of electricity, a totally impractical approach which helped him go bankrupt even though he made a fortune on his electric motor patents.

Mod: please don't delete this - I won't post anymore on the subject. I can't explain how I know so much about this as it would expose my identity.
Well, you are the @genius , aren’t you?
( ty for the contributions

Can't tell you that as not to out me. But it is an SUV and I consistently get 36+ mpg from Exit 49 LIE (or so) to Boston average speed of high 60's ( and low 70's where speed limit is 65). MPG drops a tad if I pick wrong time heading thru the Bronx. I just set cruise control (over ride it when passing) and off I go.
I was stunned 1st time I took it that route (when new) as plenty of acceleration and I have a heavy foot.
I make 1 stop along the way to get a coffee while my SO has to pee.
FTR, you may have outed yourself a bit by referring to a specific village numerous times on here. In fact, you may have even crossed paths there with a moderator I won't name on that village's main street buying sneakers, servicing your bike, or getting a taco..

Is this a fear of public restrooms
Nope, just a big bladder I guess. Would drive my partner nuts when we were on a long flight and he would go before boarding, and 2X during flight. We both consumed same amount of beverages. Once he asked me 4 hours into the flight how I managed it. I said "well I went this morning before I headed out to airport so I'll just wait until I check into the hotel."