Buy or Lease a car? Which is the way to go?

.....Prices on preowned models have peaked ( for now) at the auctions, which should result in slightly lower prices going forward
I don't understand the logic: if the prices have peaked, i.e., arrived at a maximum, wouldn't that mean that the result will be stable (but still high) pricing going forward?

I don't understand the logic: if the prices have peaked, i.e., arrived at a maximum, wouldn't that mean that the result will be stable (but still high) pricing going forward?
Prices will remain high, but being there is more supply of certain vehicles ( pick ups, 6-7 seat SUV) on dealers lots as well as the auctions , both retail and wholesale prices should start to come down

You are describing a plateau. Peaks are surrounded by lower pricing before and after.
If something has peaked (as you posted for now) it means that it has stopped increasing at that time. Prices may remain at that peak, they may resume their increase or they may decrease.

For example inflation may peak this year and decrease next year but that does not mean that prices will go down, all it usually means is they will be rising more slowly. Prices did decrease across the board at least one time in US history, e.g., during the Great Depression, but usually they increase.

If something has peaked (as you posted for now) it means that it has stopped increasing at that time. Prices may remain at that peak, they may resume their increase or they may decrease.

For example inflation may peak this year and decrease next year but that does not mean that prices will go down, all it usually means is they will be rising more slowly. Prices did decrease across the board at least one time in US history, e.g., during the Great Depression, but usually they increase.
You must be confused. I posted nothing about prices peaking.

Prices will remain high, but being there is more supply of certain vehicles ( pick ups, 6-7 seat SUV) on dealers lots as well as the auctions , both retail and wholesale prices should start to come down
Yeah, there is more supply of certain vehicles but what is the cost of such. Raw materials, labor, transport, etc., are all increasing. I would think that the slope of prices of used vehicles would track the prices of new vehicles, albeit perhaps the rate of increase of used may moderate. IDK and I am not so sure anyone can predict accurately whats going to happen as predictions we have seen in past couple of years have been so far off.

How can you tell a person is a Rabbi? I didn't think they wore distinct clothing like a preist.

I see many types of people 'tooling' around in SUV's in Nassau, mostly white, upper middle class Karen type soccer moms with right wing slogans on bumper stickers so what's your point?

Which reminds me of the time I was parked on Oceanside Road in RVC across from the Rec center. A kids program must have just ended because a parade of no less than 15 SUV's then started existing the parking lot.
It caught my attention because every single one of them was a late model, oversized (Navigator, Escalade etc) SUV driven by a middle aged white woman. Not one Corrolla in the pack, or any sedan for that matter.
This isn’t directed at Longisland ,more Queens and Brooklyn Hasidic and Asian self employed business men.

How can you tell a person is a Rabbi? I didn't think they wore distinct clothing like a preist.

I see many types of people 'tooling' around in SUV's in Nassau, mostly white, upper middle class Karen type soccer moms with right wing slogans on bumper stickers so what's your point?

Which reminds me of the time I was parked on Oceanside Road in RVC across from the Rec center. A kids program must have just ended because a parade of no less than 15 SUV's then started existing the parking lot.
It caught my attention because every single one of them was a late model, oversized (Navigator, Escalade etc) SUV driven by a middle aged white woman. Not one Corrolla in the pack, or any sedan for that matter.
I ask if they took smicha. Many have. In the world of the self employed there are many groups. This is how I came to understand IRS section 179.

You must be confused. I posted nothing about prices peaking.
Sure you did, albeit indirectly.:)
I posted:
You responded to my post about pricing peaking, i.e., that I was not describing peaking but a plateau.
You are describing a plateau. Peaks are surrounded by lower pricing before and after.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I ask if they took smicha.
I didn't know what that meant so I Googled it.

Semikhah is the traditional Jewish name for rabbinic ordination. The original semikhah was the formal "transmission of authority" from Moses through the generations. This form of semikhah ceased between 360 and 425 CE. Since then semikhah has continued in a less formal way.

I was at the Infiniti and Audi dealerships last week. Both of tbem told me prices going down next month and should stabilize by March of next year. Ima wait longer for my pre owned car and or lease still not positive which route im going.

I was at the Infiniti and Audi dealerships last week. Both of tbem told me prices going down next month and should stabilize by March of next year. Ima wait longer for my pre owned car and or lease still not positive which route im going.
I agree-

Prior to the events of the past two years, prices for both new and preowned vehicles took small increase every year - A couple of % points….If one was fortunate enough, they could obtain a new lease ( replacing their old 3 year commitment) with a lower payment and more equipped car..
Those days are over.

I do think we will see prices moderate from here—

I agree-

Prior to the events of the past two years, prices for both new and preowned vehicles took small increase every year - A couple of % points….If one was fortunate enough, they could obtain a new lease ( replacing their old 3 year commitment) with a lower payment and more equipped car..
Those days are over.

I do think we will see prices moderate from here—
With the rates going higher and higher the manufacturers are going to make a killing on the financing alone.

The curve ball could be a spike in the default rate. That could build up the used car inventory and help drop prices across the board.

It’s also possible that this electric car rebate program gets straightened out and again adds to the inventory of used gas guzzlers.

With the rates going higher and higher the manufacturers are going to make a killing on the financing alone.

The curve ball could be a spike in the default rate. That could build up the used car inventory and help drop prices across the board.

It’s also possible that this electric car rebate program gets straightened out and again adds to the inventory of used gas guzzlers.
I want the electric Audi but it's just a bit too much .

IMHO, the technology isn't there yet. The range is a problem and is reduced further in the hot summer and cold winter weather because the AC and heaters, respectively, are a drain on the battery. The real advantage, of EV is for a lot of short trips (think post office vehicles) where there is also a lot of stop and go as in city driving (energy that would normally be lost to heat in the brakes for gas vehicles is returned back to the batteries in EV's). I simple trip that I make from LI to Boston area is dicey, especially in hot or cold weather, with a EV (an easy 1/2 tank of gas with my gas vehicle).

As far as saving fossil fuels perhaps someone can explain to me where the electricity comes form — I don't know of any waterfalls/river dams powered hydroelectric or nuke plants around here.

IMHO, the technology isn't there yet. The range is a problem and is reduced further in the hot summer and cold winter weather because the AC and heaters, respectively, are a drain on the battery. The real advantage, of EV is for a lot of short trips (think post office vehicles) where there is also a lot of stop and go as in city driving (energy that would normally be lost to heat in the brakes for gas vehicles is returned back to the batteries in EV's). I simple trip that I make from LI to Boston area is dicey, especially in hot or cold weather, with a EV (an easy 1/2 tank of gas with my gas vehicle).

As far as saving fossil fuels perhaps someone can explain to me where the electricity comes form — I don't know of any waterfalls/river dams powered hydroelectric or nuke plants around here.
Paying for gas takes away from my monger money. The technology is there. The non Tesla charging is lacking but now they can use Tesla network with a subscription. You can take a trip anywhere in this country anytime and pay a quarter of what it would cost using gasoline

Next time you visit Niagara Falls check out the 25 turbines that make 2.5 million KW.

A portion of our local electric is imported from the North from the Niagara hydro plant. Another portion of it comes from the West where there is a fair amount of wind generation. The nuclear access in Indian Point was more recently terminated.

A lot of electric is still made by burning natural gas.

A portion of our local electric is imported from the North from the Niagara hydro plant. Another portion of it comes from the West where there is a fair amount of wind generation. The nuclear access in Indian Point was more recently terminated.

A lot of electric is still made by burning natural gas.
Solar on my roof is free. Full tank every morning.

If you want it get it the price isn’t going down. Life is short.

Ironically it was Nicola Tesla that first devised the power plant in Niagara Falls to transmit AC power over long distances.