Burner Phones / Apps

I did quick search and didn't find a recent thread on this topic - forgive me if this has been addressed before. Can anyone give me advice on using burner Phones vs. an App? I am see pros and cons for each. When using the Burner App, do those texts and calls show up on your itemized phone bill? Any advice would be appreciated.

I use Text-Free and it doesn't for me (show up on my bill). I purchased some minutes but not required. It has worked flawlessly without a hitch in the past year. I like the ''block'' feature because my regular phone doesn't have it. If someone is being persistent I just block it and it never rings again.

The thing with a burner phone you got to keep it charged. You can get a cheap one but it's still a pain to carry around two phones. The only upside about having another phone imo is that if you add the contact you can find these girls easier on social media as it separates from your phone contacts.

Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp etc etc.

I use Text-Free and it doesn't for me (show up on my bill). I purchased some minutes but not required. .....
May I ask how you "purchased some minutes." I assume that unless you buy a disposable VISA card for cash that with enough effort a text made can be traced back to you.

May I ask how you "purchased some minutes." I assume that unless you buy a disposable VISA card for cash that with enough effort a text made can be traced back to you.
You can buy them in CVS, Walgreens and such and get someone to buy it for you in return of a 6 pack and call it a day. I am not worried about a text being traced back to me because I never explicitly talk sexually via text. I always screen everyone thoroughly and while I would like to discuss in details I think that would break some forum rules.

I talk on text just as I do normally on my real phone just not add explicit text to it and be very careful if I decide to meet someone new specifically if they aren't reviewed anywhere.

I believe there is a long discussion about this.
Safer is to use two phones purchased with cash or a disposable VISA card.
Convenient but not very safe is to use an app. I use burner app. It does not show on my bill. Company is in CA so not very safe, but it would take some effort to get the records. Safe from my SO, and there are no questions about having two phones...
Ultimately, there is significant risk participating in this hobby, or even posting about it online...

trac-fone paid in cash and refills are in cash only. register using a gmail account and turn off gps/location services so its completely untraceable. i use a pin to lock the phone and keep it in my car. if asked i found it on the train. done
used this system for over 5 years.

trac-fone paid in cash and refills are in cash only. register using a gmail account and turn off gps/location services so its completely untraceable. i use a pin to lock the phone and keep it in my car. if asked i found it on the train. done
used this system for over 5 years.
Nothing electronic is completely untraceable. You can only up the degree of difficulty.

I use a second phone because apps can access your contacts. Weird things can happen, criss crossing information with Google, Facebook and other apps. Next thing you know, your significant other receives an invitation or friend suggestion that you don't want.
I agree. Slowly but surely all of the phone apps are requiring access to contacts. They used to let you choose whether or not you wish to grant access, but now most of them will not let you make phone calls without it. I still use Burner, and I love it. They are still holding strong, and have a bunch of features. Paid service, but quite nice IMO.

I'd hate to have my boss' wife receive a friend suggestion from "Anal Annie". Not sure I can talk my way out of that...

I agree. Slowly but surely all of the phone apps are requiring access to contacts. They used to let you choose whether or not you wish to grant access, but now most of them will not let you make phone calls without it. I still use Burner, and I love it. They are still holding strong, and have a bunch of features. Paid service, but quite nice IMO.

I'd hate to have my boss' wife receive a friend suggestion from "Anal Annie". Not sure I can talk my way out of that...
Woah, wait a minute ...

Who is 'Anal Annie'?? Services? Rates?
Reviews??

Lol, j/k ...!

V

So based on this thread, and the collective knowledge from UG in general, I deleted my Burner App and got a cheap pre-paid.
I got an email about a recurring charge for the Burner App, even after having deleted it. While trying to remove the charge from existence, I noticed that there is a list of every Burner App purchase I've ever made. Rather enlightening.
Lose the app, fellas. Follow everyone else's advice; get a prepaid and treat yourself to a couple of gift cards (paid for in cash).

pokler

Power Bottom
So based on this thread, and the collective knowledge from UG in general, I deleted my Burner App and got a cheap pre-paid.
I got an email about a recurring charge for the Burner App, even after having deleted it. While trying to remove the charge from existence, I noticed that there is a list of every Burner App purchase I've ever made. Rather enlightening.
Lose the app, fellas. Follow everyone else's advice; get a prepaid and treat yourself to a couple of gift cards (paid for in cash).
Bottom line .. No App exists that can hide you from subpoena power. App providers are not going to put themselves in legal jepeordy to protect you. ( unless your name is Trump and provider is Roger Stone )

2G service is being gradually phased out. My $10 Tracfone burner suddenly read "No service" a week ago but it still has minutes and days left. Probably won't bother replacing it with a 4G smart phone since all my calls are to legit places now anyway.

Is there a way to transfer out the burner number, or do you text all contacts that you changed number? (it seems that several places share "good number" data) I would hate to have to re-verify everywhere...

I use TextFree app as it does not require App Subscriptions, has alternate ways to increase weekend minutes and seems pretty good in terms of service. Might need to look at cheap phone per phone recommendation.