Best Steak place in your opinion?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
All these fucking places overrated and over priced..
As compared to what? You have not listed any place. So if you are saying "every Steakhouse in America is overrated and overpriced" it is fairly meaningless. Just like when guys say "I would never pay $300 for a hooker." If you aren't in that market then STFU about it.

Bern's steakhouse in Tampa is beyond compare. Winelist is a book and they have half a million bottles! Oh, and the food is fantastic too. Makes it worth visiting FL.
Their desert room is awesome. Have flown to Tampa just to eat at Berns. One of the largest wine lists in America

No...J&R steakhouse not over priced & overrated. For me it's not the $300 or $10....whatever the price..it's what I get for that price..
Lol. J&r is Terrible. Home of the 1/2 inch steak. Before cooking. And frozen veg.
I'm surprised that their still around.

There's rumors that Texas roadhouse is coming east. Somewhere by N. Ocean.
Once that happens
That Will be the end of them.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Went to Berns many years ago. Asked for a dry martini and they used an eye dropper to pur the vermouth right at the table.
Someone reminded me of the Scotto Bros chain names....Pokler??...kudos I had forgotten the umbrella name.
I think they also own Westbury Manor which has a separate restaurant.
Lastly, anyone know if Morton's and Bryant & Cooper are still in Great Neck?

Went to Berns many years ago. Asked for a dry martini and they used an eye dropper to pur the vermouth right at the table.
Someone reminded me of the Scotto Bros chain names....Pokler??...kudos I had forgotten the umbrella name.
I think they also own Westbury Manor which has a separate restaurant.
Lastly, anyone know if Morton's and Bryant & Cooper are still in Great Neck?
not Westbury Manor, they own Chateau Briand and Fox Hollow

I had B&C a few weeks ago. Yes its still there. I dont normally pass Morton's but it also is still there as far as i know.

Last week i went for Luger's for lunch. I typically get the Burger at lunch time. its good

lol, being i am only a few minutes away, i have gone a few times. it just doesnt "do it" for me. I believe we should have more on the south shore in Nassau. Franks in RVC was terrible the two times i tried it.
Frank's is terrible. Majors terrible.... there used to be McClusky's in Bellmore, always delicious.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Lol. J&r is Terrible. Home of the 1/2 inch steak. Before cooking. And frozen veg.
I'm surprised that their still around.

There's rumors that Texas roadhouse is coming east. Somewhere by N. Ocean.
Once that happens
That Will be the end of them.
Tad's Steaks - They still had the marks from where the jockey was whipping them.

Tweeds in Riverhead featuring local Bison steaks.
"Please note: Buffalo Steak has nothing to do with Buffalo Chicken."

Lugers in Brooklyn is pretty good .... but I think it's a toss up between Paces in Hauppage and Tellers. Lugers is like a high school cafeteria although the food is very good. Tellers and Paces offer a better eating environment. Blackstones is somewhere in between.