Best Steak place in your opinion?

Last week I was thinking about going to the city for dinner and was going to try the "Salt Bae" restaurant Nusr-Et in the city. At least until I read they were charging 275 for a the tomahawk steak.

I ended up going to Tellers in Islip.

Whats your Favorite Steak place in your area, or in the world if you have traveled.
Try Meet the Meat in Astoria it's pretty good and won't break the bank. Peter Luger is overtated. Ruth Chris ehhh ok.

The Peter Luger's in Brooklyn was horrible, been there twice, crappy both times. The one in Great Neck was a little better. Old Homestead in the city is still my #1 and second fave is Ruths Chris.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Stk in the meat packing district is prettt cool. At night lots of hot chics!!! Seen like 3 sbs with their sds also lol. Nothing like eating a steak while seeing a girl shake her ass dancing right next to you lol.
The raison d'etre for Roberts inside PEC.
PS I absolutely loathe what the Meatpacking District has become.

Last edited:

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
A good place to bring the SB is Christos Hesapo Taverna in Astoria because the chances of you running into anyone you know there is probably pretty low.

Read that the new medium rare is rare, due to people sending steaks back to the kitchen saying they are too well done. The steak houses have to toss the steak out so they would rather serve it under cooked and put it back on the fire if the customer complains.

I went to an Outback years ago when they first opened and ordered my steak rare. The waiter said “I’m sorry sir. We’re all out of rare”. I honestly did not know how to respond (although “then I’ll have medium and just don’t cook it as long” crossed my mind). All out of rare. Smh

justme

homo economicus
I find most steaks in NYC to be overcharred for my taste. I usually head to Quality Meats, but I also enjoy the cote du boeuf at Minetta.