Best Pizza in NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, Bx, Manhattan, SI and Long Island)

Not a real pizza aficionado but last two years if in area I go to Best Pizza on 1st av between 56 & 57 st. They have about 6-7 different types but I always go for the regular slices and they are very good imho. Slice and can of coke is $4.

All you cats are real foodie types. ....!
A strong interest in good food (foodie type as you put it) correlates with a strong interest in good sex - both are traits of people who enjoy heightened sensory experiences. So IMHO, it should be no surprise that on UG there are threads based on where to obtain good food and threads on where to obtain good sex.
For example @slinky once started a thread lamenting about how Aidells no longer produced the smoked duck and turkey sausage that he needed for his favorite pasta sauce recipe. Throughout UG threads on the search for great cheese, wines and other culinary delights reside side by side with threads on the search for great sexual delights.

Not a Pizza joint but interesting enough that I want to try some.

Today's NYT's Food Section Pg D5 has a half page review of a hole in the wall place at 81-06 Roosey in JH. Place is a grocery but on weekends serves authentic Mexican goat or tripe Tacos and also a spicy goat meat consommé.
This is not a restaurant, has a counter and 1 table where you can eat and they have a bottle opener attached to a block of wood that you can use to open a beer that you buy there.

Sounds like something to try after you have finished with your mongering nearby.

Some of those Roosey taco places are excellent used to go there all the time for them. Time for me to visit again and maybe figure out how to stay in the area and try Amore too.

A major attraction for me of the NYC metro area is I am able to sample authentic food and sexual delights from just about any ethnicity from anywhere in the world without the expense (time and $'s) required to go to the source where they came from. For example last night I had some yellow dragon fruit for desert after dinner, the main course was enoki mushroom pancakes prepared (by me) Korean style. The dragon fruit is the fruit of a cactus native to northern South America, very sweet (the red dragon fruit is good, cheaper but not as sweet) that I pick up at an Chinese fruit and veg stand. I've never seen it anywhere else in my travels throughout the US.

The Taco from the place from post 424 was prepared by a native chef from the region and using imported ingredients (spices, goat meat, etc). All you need to do is go to JH and you can eat like you traveled to a place thousands of miles away.

If I could some how convince Mr. Peabody to modify his WABAC machine, a.k.a Wayback machine, (you older guys know what I am talking about) to send me back 30 years I certainly would not have wasted any time with American women and American food.

I need to revise this list. I went to Bellerose on Main St for the first time in over a year and was very disappointed. The crust that used to be so uniquely crispy, was soft. The slice was barely above 7-11 level.

Btw, for the price, and especially if you get it just out of the oven, 7-11 has surprisingly good pizza. As with the Manhattan Dollar slices, the price is the selling point.

Bad service and attitudes make me hate certain places, do I'll stick to the taste on this one. PLAIN SLICES ONLY, in no particular order..

Amore (exit 14 Van wyck)
Bellerose (near Kew Motor Inn)
Espresso (5th ave, near St Pat's in Brooklyn)
Joe and Pat's (Shaolin)
Brothers (Shaolin)

Manhattan has nothing. Too expensive for pizza made yesterday. Stick to dollar slices by Indians. The Bronx may as well be a different country.

The things tourists and transplants do amaze me. What amazes me even more are native new Yorkers who adopt the white bread hipsterish mindset and morph into these flannel wearing disgusting microbrew aficionados, waiting in line for a pastry that doesnt taste anywhere near as good as a Zebracake.

A major attraction for me of the NYC metro area is I am able to sample authentic food and sexual delights from just about any ethnicity from anywhere in the world without the expense (time and $'s) required to go to the source where they came from. For example last night I had some yellow dragon fruit for desert after dinner, the main course was enoki mushroom pancakes prepared (by me) Korean style. The dragon fruit is the fruit of a cactus native to northern South America, very sweet (the red dragon fruit is good, cheaper but not as sweet) that I pick up at an Chinese fruit and veg stand. I've never seen it anywhere else in my travels throughout the US.

The Taco from the place from post 424 was prepared by a native chef from the region and using imported ingredients (spices, goat meat, etc). All you need to do is go to JH and you can eat like you traveled to a place thousands of miles away.

If I could some how convince Mr. Peabody to modify his WABAC machine, a.k.a Wayback machine, (you older guys know what I am talking about) to send me back 30 years I certainly would not have wasted any time with American women and American food.
I love and will always love NYC for food from all over and Women from all over. Mix the two how the fuck is NYC not top 5 cities in USA?? Cost is a motherfucker though smh.

There was one in centereach a few years back. South side of Jericho tpke (middle country Rd). Didn't last long I never tried it either. Think it was an old Dunkin donuts or something. I actually don't know anyone who ever tried it. But I also don't know a lot of people in that area.

Give LaParma a shot and let me know its not just me. Also the best sicilian in area is the one in Home Depot parking lot Coram
Passed by this place many times over the years finally gave it a shot with your recommendation. Spoke with the owner who was very friendly. I believe he mentioned he has been in the biz around 39 years. Still has a smile on his face after all those years and I asked him why? Lol..Says he still loves what he is doing. My S.O. and I both ordered a slice....we both found it to be nothing special and just a step above the generic shit that most places serve. Food.. especially pizza is so subjective and that's why Domino's and the other shithouses are still in business. Ty anyway for the recommendation.

Anybody fans of the Barstool Sports Pizza Reviews? I recently started watched them on YouTube. Dave Portnoy can be a try hard, pompous ass at times, but the pizza reviews are entertaining.

Di Fara (Midwood, Brooklyn) and Lucali (Cobble Hill, Brooklyn) are both on my "to try" list because of his reviews. But, I heard Lucali is really tough to get into.

I just watched the Little Vincent's Pizza (Huntington Village) review. Do people actually consider that good pizza? I only have had it when I was drunk at 2 am and just leaving Honu. I didn't know it was actually well regarded.

True story. One of my easier pickups happened there. It wasn't as late as 2 am. But, probably a decade ago, I was waiting on line next to an average looking red head. She was probably a 6, but decent body. Literally, all I said was "nice shoes", next thing I know we get a large pie to go and I'm sitting in her kitchen eating it with her. Then we went to her room and fucked. I spent the night. I remember she wanted me to go get egg sandwiches for breakfast, but I lied and said I had to be somewhere early that morning. Never spoke to her again.

Anybody fans of the Barstool Sports Pizza Reviews? I recently started watched them on YouTube. Dave Portnoy can be a try hard, pompous ass at times, but the pizza reviews are entertaining.

Di Fara (Midwood, Brooklyn) and Lucali (Cobble Hill, Brooklyn) are both on my "to try" list because of his reviews. But, I heard Lucali is really tough to get into.
I've been watching him on the barstool app for awhile. Also I have the one bite app on my phone. You can pull up good pizza when in an unknown neighborhood or state. The one bite app is good cause anyone can rate, so it's not just portnoys opinion. He likes bar pizza, I'm not a fan. Also New Haven / West Haven pizza does edge out a lot of NY. After his reviews being so high and talking to people I know in that area. I had to go and see for myself. They did not disappoint. Amazing pies

Di Fara (Midwood, Brooklyn) and Lucali (Cobble Hill, Brooklyn) are both on my "to try" list

Difara is a crap shoot, I worked just around the corner at Brooklyn College for three years... Dom DiMarco opens basically when he wants. And some days people line up down the block.. 2 hour waits are not uncommon, and the ordering system is "unique"

And then there were days where I walked right up and got a slice, no line, no hipster doofus bullshit..no yelpers...
His son has/had a little hero shop just around the corner.. good eats

I just watched the Little Vincent's Pizza (Huntington Village) review. Do people actually consider that good pizza? I only have had it when I was drunk at 2 am and just leaving Honu. I didn't know it was actually well regarded.

True story. One of my easier pickups happened there. It wasn't as late as 2 am. But, probably a decade ago, I was waiting on line next to an average looking red head. She was probably a 6, but decent body. Literally, all I said was "nice shoes", next thing I know we get a large pie to go and I'm sitting in her kitchen eating it with her. Then we went to her room and fucked. I spent the night. I remember she wanted me to go get egg sandwiches for breakfast, but I lied and said I had to be somewhere early that morning. Never spoke to her again.

I like the cold cheese slices...the thing that makes lil V's appealing is they use semolina flour on the bottom...gives a grit texture I enjoy..... but I think for specialty slices Rosa's around the corner is better. Many nights spent playing pool in the village lead to a slice at V's b4 heading home

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator

I think he's an asshole and his "one bite - everyone knows the rules" and then he takes 7 bites pisses me of. Plus he's such a celebrity ass kisser.

pokler

Power Bottom

You should've said yeah you'd get the sandwiches and just never gone back ..

But where can one dine on a freshly made one? Or is it considered a money looser for a restaurant?
its more a a specialty item found in authentic italian delis. Also you don't want to dine on it freshly made they actually taste better cold or room temperature after its had some time to settle. Most people serve it as an appetizer cut up for easter. Da Vinci & T&F in franklin square make them and so does little lorenzo's in floral park. The recipes vary like mentioned by TheRicker. Its called Pizza rustica but its not meant to be a Pizza and at the end of the day sure it is similar to a quiche but not as eggy the egg is just for binding- in a quiche the egg tends to be part of the main event. Also no idea why anyone would add butter. I prefer the version without the dough cold or room temperature after its had a day to settle and firm up in the fridge. basic recipe for is Fresh ricotta and or basket cheese ( i like to mix them) a lot of shredded mozzarella and grated cheese, and a variety of diced italian coldcuts and then the eggs for binding. then just bake it with an eggwash on top.