Best Pizza in NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, Bx, Manhattan, SI and Long Island)

Surprised i didnt see any of the "Rosa's" mentioned. 65'th, Metro, or Freshpond.

i personally think the one on 65th is great.

although growing up in Howard Beach, i still think New Park is great, but.. it has gotten a bit thin and flimsy
New Park is great,..i stopped going there,slipped a lot...

Place in Brentwood or Bayshore years ago, had a cheese pizza called "multiwhite". Amen!

Mix of cheeses poured out on top.

Arteries would harden at the mere sight of it.

Absolutely messy, sloppy, wet, wild, like the best BBBJ.

V

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
My ATF is still Famous Ray's of Greenwich Village. When they closed, the guy who owned the building re-opened it as Famous Roio's. The pizza was pretty much the same and he did something which I loved: he put a little sign on each pizza with the time it came out of the oven. I really can't stand a place charging $4 for a slice and then try and get away with serving you a slice which has been sitting cold for 2 hours and congealing.

But once the place was up and running he turned it over to his son who ran it into the ground. He was always more interested in in talking to his girlfriend or talking on the phone than serving customers. I would call at 8:30 on a Friday night and they were finished delivery for the day (just in time for what should be the busiest 5 hours of the entire week). He would close at 9 or 10PM (when the place used to be packed at midnight).
One day I saw the place was closed and I said out loud to myself "the son really ruined this spot" not knowing he was around the corner loading his personal possessions into a car. He said something to me objecting to what I had said and I replied "You fucking heard me. You killed an institution."

Colosseo in Port Jefferson Station, Branchinelli's in Hauppauge and Emilio's in Commack. All come from the same family and I guess they must share the same recipes so the pizzas are very similar - and always great.
I tried colosseo not that good not worth stopping. mamma lombardi's in
Holbrook is much better and not that far away. There also cucina in east quogue that blows colosseo's away. Cucina has really good everything. I love there Sicilian. I know they opened a place in Riverhead now too but haven't been there so I don't know if it's the same as East quogue. But I'm assuming it is same owners.

I tried colosseo not that good not worth stopping. mamma lombardi's in
Holbrook is much better and not that far away. There also cucina in east quogue that blows colosseo's away. Cucina has really good everything. I love there Sicilian. I know they opened a place in Riverhead now too but haven't been there so I don't know if it's the same as East quogue. But I'm assuming it is same owners.
I also can't see all the hype about Colosseo's is about. I love La Parma on 25 across from Popei's and next door to the shut down xin xin r/t where Wendy was last spotted