Best Crispy Chicken Sandwich Around

So I was curious what some of you cats think is the best crispy chicken sandwich around. I was listening the The Michael Kay Show a few weeks ago and all he kept saying was how good the Burger King Original Crispy Chicken Sandwich is. Now, I haven't had one in probably 20+ years so I decided to give it a try.

WOW straight up trash! Gross. Salty, processed, just a nasty tasting sandwich. He also mentioned Popeye's chicken sandwich, that if you like breading that was the way to go. So I gave Popeye's crispy chicken sandwich a try, and he was on point about that. ALL BREADING! Took three bites and it went back into the bag. But the seasoning on it was awesome. If they could incorporate that seasoning into a different, less bread coating it would be banging.

Anyway, hands down for me the best Crispy Chicken Sandwich for me is Chick-A-Filet.

Curious to hear what some of you may have to say.

I didn’t think Popeyes was just bread had a decent size breast underneath. Burger King‘s original chicken sandwich is garbage. But the crispy chicken sandwich is surprisingly good. Chick-fil-A is good but it’s not always that crispy. I like to tell them well done. It adds extra crisp. McDonald’s is garbage on all their items. Wendy’s is hit or miss. DQ actually has a good sandwich. The only issue is the way I heard they get the crispiness is with chemicals. MSG I believe. But tasty as fuck!

So I was curious what some of you cats think is the best crispy chicken sandwich around. I was listening the The Michael Kay Show a few weeks ago and all he kept saying was how good the Burger King Original Crispy Chicken Sandwich is. Now, I haven't had one in probably 20+ years so I decided to give it a try.

WOW straight up trash! Gross. Salty, processed, just a nasty tasting sandwich. He also mentioned Popeye's chicken sandwich, that if you like breading that was the way to go. So I gave Popeye's crispy chicken sandwich a try, and he was on point about that. ALL BREADING! Took three bites and it went back into the bag. But the seasoning on it was awesome. If they could incorporate that seasoning into a different, less bread coating it would be banging.

Anyway, hands down for me the best Crispy Chicken Sandwich for me is Chick-A-Filet.

Curious to hear what some of you may have to say.
Burger King is the worst. I too had it about 20 yrs ago and swore I'd never have another. Absolutely horrible.

I like the Popeye's crunchy chicken sandwich the best.
Seasoning was great on that sandwich! I was pissed they forgot the pickles on mine. But I felt like it was more breading and bun then chicken. I felt guilty eating it, saying to myself this is going to sit in me like lead.
Great seasoning though. Money!

Seasoning was great on that sandwich! I was pissed they forgot the pickles on mine. But I felt like it was more breading and bun then chicken. I felt guilty eating it, saying to myself this is going to sit in me like lead.
All this talk made me hungry so I went and got chicken sandwich from popeyes chicken. Not too bad...alot of breading though.not bad for $4

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Although I'm not a big David Chang fan when the first Fuku was open on 1st Ave it was pretty decent. Although I thought it was interesting that when it was first opened the entire staff was the usual Chang foodie crew and a year later when the buzz died down the number of staff was halved and all POC. Plus the "we don't take cash" policy ads to that.

The few that I have had there was plenty of chicken. The pickles really compliment the sandwich. Eat one everyday and for sure you'll have a heart attack in a short time.

Although I'm not a big David Chang fan when the first Fuku was open on 1st Ave it was pretty decent. Although I thought it was interesting that when it was first opened the entire staff was the usual Chang foodie crew and a year later when the buzz died down the number of staff was halved and all POC. Plus the "we don't take cash" policy ads to that.
Is we don’t take cash legal?

Is we don’t take cash legal?
Yes it is legal as far as federal laws go (a state may pass its own law that requires businesses to accept cash but IDK any that do). What is required is to accept US dollars as payment — but the dollars don't have to be in the form of paper money so as long as credit card or checking account pays vendor in dollars. As I recall, when I used to pay my property taxes in person (pre-COVID — I liked to see and hear the thud of the clerk stamping PAID on the tax bill) there was a sign up saying check or MO only - no cash accepted — now I just mail it in.

Even the federal gov't doesn't have to accept cash. For example I remember getting a passport from post office many moons ago (mid 1980's I think) and they would only accept check or MO as payment. Was kind of ridiculous as I didn't have my checkbook with me (does anyone still carry around a checkbook today?) so I bought the MO right at the same PO using cash (and paid a fee for the MO) wrote whatever the passport agency was called in the payee section and paid for my passport with it.