Bellport hotels and zip code fun facts

Lol
Hey Joey — An all in fun observation: A guy who works for the post office doesn't know that there is a hotel in with a Bellport address. :D or perhaps :rolleyes:
Lol true...I don't actually deliver the mail I unload trucks and bring the mail to the sorting machines. Even worse us that I live in Patchogue( which is basically a stones throw away from Bellport) and didn't know there was a hotel there.

I’m a bellport resident, and from my understanding, that hotel, and the condo complex near there that have bellport address were given that because of some post thing. That being said, all that stuff is right in the yaphank/Medford area.

I’m a bellport resident, and from my understanding, that hotel, and the condo complex near there that have bellport address were given that because of some post thing. That being said, all that stuff is right in the yaphank/Medford area.
Town address on your post office address and zip code can have little to do with the town you live in i.e., the town that you pay property taxes to and you kids go to public school in. A zip code can have 2 post offices, e.g., 11735, also town you live in may spread across 2 counties; in fact I know off a guy where his house straddles the county line and he pays a percentage of taxes to Nassau and Suffolk. Also, fire dept has its own boundaries and the fire dept 1/4 mile down the street may not the one that covers your home and the one that does may be miles away — a fact.

Obviously the IQ of the geniuses that set all stuff up may have nothing to do with the IQ definition of genius.
Ps. The PO subject was also discussed in a thread here involving Flushing.

Town address on your post office address and zip code can have little to do with the town you live in i.e., the town that you pay property taxes to and you kids go to public school in. A zip code can have 2 post offices, e.g., 11735, also town you live in may spread across 2 counties; in fact I know off a guy where his house straddles the county line and he pays a percentage of taxes to Nassau and Suffolk. Also, fire dept has its own boundaries and the fire dept 1/4 mile down the street may not the one that covers your home and the one that does may be miles away — a fact.

And as far as federal election districts — fuhgeddaboutit

Obviously the IQ of the geniuses that set all stuff up may have nothing to do with the IQ definition of genius.

Ps. The PO subject was also discussed in a thread here involving Flushing.