Banned agencies/indies reviews:

Should Banned Agencies/Indy Reviews Be Allowed?

• No Fucking Way

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Yes, But block Agency/Indy Names

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Yes, no blocking of Agency/Indy Names

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Yes, but don’t allow replies to thread

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Yes, but moderate replies (queued)

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • Create separate thread area for banned agency/indy reviews

Votes: 43 38.1%

• Total voters

justme

homo economicus
TC123 said:
It's not a squabble between me and him. If you read his posts, he wants to tell ALL OF US, not just me, what we're allowed to read and write on this board, that nobody's opinion matters but his. So far, I'm the only one that's called him on his bullshit, but he wants to decide things for everyone, not just me.
Dude, Slinky asked a question. He answered it (with an answer that Slinky anticipated). He also gave his reason.

It's not like the guy started the thread, right?

Personally, I think reviews are mostly useless myself. And for that reason it wouldn't be a huge loss (for me) to lose them completely. So my first instinct was that reviews of banned providors should just not be allowed. After some more thought, though, I realized that it wasn't as easy as that so I decided to think it over more. I'm still pretty ambivolent about the whole thing. Probably I agree with JL and PJ, though.

justme

homo economicus
TC123 said:
Italics indicate whichever response each of us voted for. If we all voted differently, we'll all see a different response in italics.
Whaddya talking about. NOne of the choices are in italics...

(heh)

slinkybender said:
I'll quible a little and say i don't think she has to advertise on the internet to make her game to be reviewed: If she advertises in Screw magazine do you think she isn't fair game for an internet review? I think if she advertises anywhere as "publicly" available, she's fair game.
DITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTO

BigMadM said:
anyone who advertises using any public media, print, internet, TV, is open for a review of the services offered.
Anyone, in any field, is held responsible by some type of review or some type of professional rating, if they are selling their services or merchandise to the public.(even a guy that kills cockroaches for aliving, god bless them, they deserve to get rich, get reviews, just call the better business bureau, there will be plenty of lousy reviews there.)
DITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTODITTO

justme said:
Personally, I think reviews are mostly useless myself. And for that reason it wouldn't be a huge loss (for me) to lose them completely. So my first instinct was that reviews of banned providors should just not be allowed. After some more thought, though, I realized that it wasn't as easy as that so I decided to think it over more. I'm still pretty ambivolent about the whole thing. Probably I agree with JL and PJ, though.

OH MY GOD TC123 - ANOTHER COMMUNIST! Actually I fully agree with the above statement. I'm totally ambivelent. Post away with all the reviews you want. People who don't want to read them or don't put any stock in them simply don't have to read 'em. No biggie. Can't we all just get along?

johnpet said:
OH MY GOD TC123 - ANOTHER COMMUNIST! Actually I fully agree with the above statement. I'm totally ambivelent. Post away with all the reviews you want. People who don't want to read them or don't put any stock in them simply don't have to read 'em. No biggie. Can't we all just get along?
Glad you finally see it my way. Freedom of choice. Welcome to America.

Freedom would also include the girl's right not to be reviewed. Even positive reviews. The best provider I've seen is absolutely adamate that she does NOT want to be reviewed. And she advertises in papers and on the web. So under your theory that makes her fair game. It's simply her wish and she has many legitimate reasons. So I'll honor her wish and I'd hope anyone else seeing her would also honor it. I would think her top reason is she simply does different things with different guys depending on her comfort level and relationship with these men. It opens up a hornets nest for her if one of her better customers posts that he got a great bbbj then greek. But maybe that's the only guy she does that with. Now newbies read that review and run off to her just to find out they're only getting a tug job. Now she gets blasted by them.

justme

homo economicus
I'm curious how you would feel if a chef (who charged $200 for dinner) felt the same way about reviews.

Would you expect the New York Times to respect that?

Would you be happy if the chef said that his reason was that he only gave the really good cuts of meat to the clients he liked best and he didn't want his other customers feeling cheated.

I'm not certain how a woman who makes herself available publically* has the right not to be reviewed.

(* - I do think UTR's have this right, however)

johnpet said:
Freedom would also include the girl's right not to be reviewed. Even positive reviews. The best provider I've seen is absolutely adamate that she does NOT want to be reviewed. And she advertises in papers and on the web. So under your theory that makes her fair game. It's simply her wish and she has many legitimate reasons. So I'll honor her wish and I'd hope anyone else seeing her would also honor it. I would think her top reason is she simply does different things with different guys depending on her comfort level and relationship with these men. It opens up a hornets nest for her if one of her better customers posts that he got a great bbbj then greek. But maybe that's the only guy she does that with. Now newbies read that review and run off to her just to find out they're only getting a tug job. Now she gets blasted by them.
A girl who advertises has no RIGHT not to be reviewed. Where does that RIGHT come from?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
She has the right to ask her customers not to review her. She doesn't have the "right" to expect that anyone wouldn't use the review process to air any dissatisfaction they had with her service. BTW, what percentage of girls complain about the good reviews they get vs. the bad one's? I say it's decidedly the bad one's. and what I really don't like is when girls want good reviews, but get them from the guys who the give better service to (usually read "more acronyms"), and then the guys write a "trust me guys, she's great" review, and then some other guys on't get those same acronyms................... (of course, that's one of the reasons I sooooo hat those "trust me guys, she's great" ....... ummmmm..... "reviews". because it's not that you can't trust the guy the he had a good time. It's that it aids in girls giving non-uniformly good service and then blaming some customer for not having a good time with her).