Background Checks/Screening by Agencies/Shops - feedback appreciated

Recently, I noticed a trend involving shops/agencies/indies wanting to conduct more-in-depth screening. Among other things, they ask for one's LinkedIn Profile link. Please see the example below.

This seems dangerous. Any thoughts/feedback from fellow UGers?

============
From Le Boutique NYC
http://www.leboutiquenyc.com/

Screening and Verification Overview
This process consists of first providing some personal information such as: first/last name, phone number and preferred email address (Once approved you may operate using an alias and no personal information will be saved.) Second section will consist of supporting information or 2 provider references. Providing supporting information such as your LinkedIn URL is our preferred method of verification. Reason being, It's a credible source for us to verify the true nature of your identity and second it takes less than 5 minutes for you to become a verified member without all the back and forth that comes along with submitting provider references.

Recently, I noticed a trend involving shops/agencies/indies wanting to conduct more-in-depth screening. Among other things, they ask for one's LinkedIn Profile link. Please see the example below.

============
From Le Boutique NYC
http://www.leboutiquenyc.com/

Screening and Verification Overview
This process consists of first providing some personal information such as: first/last name, phone number and preferred email address (Once approved you may operate using an alias and no personal information will be saved.) Second section will consist of supporting information or 2 provider references. Providing supporting information such as your LinkedIn URL is our preferred method of verification. Reason being, It's a credible source for us to verify the true nature of your identity and second it takes less than 5 minutes for you to become a verified member without all the back and forth that comes along with submitting provider references.
I've been there 3 times. Never gave any info. No drivers license, nothing. Just knew the girl from before told them the same and was let it. Called em from a burner phone. Don't always go by what the site says.

I've been there 3 times. Never gave any info. No drivers license, nothing. Just knew the girl from before told them the same and was let it. Called em from a burner phone. Don't always go by what the site says.
Thank you very much for your reply. I don't know anyone from that shop. Should I fake it?

I have fake.....
  1. GMail account, only used in "incognito mode"- 8 minutes to set up; connected to a "pre" identity Yahoo! Account.
  2. Everything else connects to my "incognito" Gmail
    1. Google Voice - 3 minutes to set up
    2. Facebook
    3. Twitter
    4. LinkedIn profile, put about 20 minutes effort in
  3. When they ask for references, i throw the ill give em to you, but doubtful they'll call you back unless your paying for their time
    1. Just recently, a new provider asked, and i gave her a few numbers, NND, AMP's and Lear Talent... she couldn't get in touch with any of them but still saw me after talking via gmail for about 5 minutes

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Why dangerous? Girls have been asking for employment information for verification for longer than I've been hobbying. They are trying to protect their lives. No one is saving your verification info to come after you.

That said, if you don't like it, then don't see them. For every girl or agency that verifies there is one that doesn't. So, go see the ones that don't.

Why dangerous? Girls have been asking for employment information for verification for longer than I've been hobbying. They are trying to protect their lives. No one is saving your verification info to come after you.

That said, if you don't like it, then don't see them. For every girl or agency that verifies there is one that doesn't. So, go see the ones that don't.
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I see validity in the issues you raised. I can understand if providers conduct screening out of true concerns for their safety. I personally haven't encountered although I spent some time overseas.

However, my concerns remain.

Someone could comply with that request and send them their LinkedIn profile. My concern is that such information could be dangerous in the hands of someone who has been arrested or someone who is unbalanced.

Please keep in mind, that I have engaged in Our Hobby (il passatempo preferito nostro) for quite some time:
https://utopiaguide.pl/forums/threads/tokyo-guide.32045/

Of course, anytime a hobbyist feels uncomfortable, they have the freedom to walk away or avoid that option. They can vote with their feet and dollars.

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Yes, I've been in this hobby for quite a long time too. Here, let me list all the time someone on this site got busted because a girl turned over his verification into fo the police.
Slinky, am I missing any?

I stand by what I said before. If you don't want to give out that kind of info, then don't. I completely understand. I don't give out my own personal info either. However, I am 100% against complaining about girls who ask for it. If someone's verification method is not something you want to do, then just go see someone else.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Yes, I've been in this hobby for quite a long time too. Here, let me list all the time someone on this site got busted because a girl turned over his verification into fo the police.

I stand by what I said before. If you don't want to give out that kind of info, then don't. I completely understand. I don't give out my own personal info either. However, I am 100% against complaining about girls who ask for it. If someone's verification method is not something you want to do, then just go see someone else.
While I agree in general, I also think it's a valid subject for DireWolf to have brought up as a general topic for discussion.

My friend, I wasn't complaining, merely inquiring. I thought that it "seems" dangerous, so I sought feedback from fellow UGers - which includes you. Everything is cool.

I think from reading this board for the past 18 years the real drama starts when men get too comfortable with a provider and volunteer their personal information.
That always seems to bite guys in the ass.
I can see where that could happen. I have given my personal information only to Japanese girls in NY. No problems so far, but that's a small niche market.

It's funny, but I tried to give my real first name to a certain Jewish Indian provider, with mixed reviews on UG, in Hicksville. She insisted on continuing to call me Mr. Wolf

billyS

Reign of Terror
I can see where that could happen. I have given my personal information only to Japanese girls in NY. No problems so far, but that's a small niche market.

It's funny, but I tried to give my real first name to a certain Jewish Indian provider, with mixed reviews on UG, in Hicksville. She insisted on continuing to call me Mr. Wolf
Was that the one she had you meet her in the parking lot of Wickers? I thought she was dirty looking and bounced.

The weirdness continues for me this morning. You guys are talking about Nina in Hicksville, right? I was reviewing some threads this morning and the first one was by a member asking about manscaping. I replied that there was someone in Hicksville. The next thread I reviewed was Nina's. And here I am again reading about her. Some coincidence, huh?

billyS

Reign of Terror
The weirdness continues for me this morning. You guys are talking about Nina in Hicksville, right? I was reviewing some threads this morning and the first one was by a member asking about manscaping. I replied that there was someone in Hicksville. The next thread I reviewed was Nina's. And here I am again reading about her. Some coincidence, huh?
Yes Nina. What a weirdo. She pulls up to me in an SUV and the first thing she tells me is that she has already run my plates and knows exactly who I am. She seemed very agitated.
Between her that and the fact that I found absolutely nothing attractive about her I bailed. I have it all here on UG.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I just reviewed that thread myself and reread my original review.
Then all the nonsense about her giving iwantagoodhj a bbbjcim.
I think Im reading that for the first time since Iwantagoodhj has become one of my favorite posters. Not sure what to make of all that.

I just reviewed that thread myself and reread my original review.
Then all the nonsense about her giving iwantagoodhj a bbbjcim.
I think Im reading that for the first time since Iwantagoodhj has become one of my favorite posters. Not sure what to make of all that.
What I got from it is that members who screw up can redeem themselves and become valuable contributors to the board. We shouldn't count anyone out by a single slip-up.

Was that the one she had you meet her in the parking lot of Wickers? I thought she was dirty looking and bounced.
Yes, I remember your original post on this matter.

I rolled the dice and became a long term customer. She lived in Japan and her Japanese is better than her English. She gives excellent HJs. Also, her therapeutic massage is in the same league as the now-retired Sue from A R I A (who changed her working name to Joanne). There were a few times when I experienced back spasms and other injuries, where the girl from Hicksville really helped me.

I recognize that the girl from Hicksville is definitely not for everyone, and she has some interesting personality traits. Some people like the Grateful Dead and some people like the Allman Brothers. I would never tell another what to like or dislike. All things being equal, I'd rather be in Tokyo.