Apartment Search Help Please!!

Not Sure where to post this so mods please move if it is in the wrong section. I currently live in an apartment in suffolk in a house that is being sold.The question i am asking you fellow mongers is: any advice on where to find decent apartment complexes.I live alone with no children i have looked at basement apartments and studios but they are way too small (and alot of them gross).I am looking for something close to the LIE or sunrise.Patchogue,Holbrook,Holtsville,Ronkonkoma areas preferably.The best i have seen so far is la Bonne vie in Patchogue off hospital road,so any help would be appreciated.What about all the Fairfield apts.i see around are they decent? any advice will be greatly appreciated!

whats your budget joeyboy, thats probably the most important piece of info. And what are you looking for studio, 1 br, 2 br, 3 br, garage? etc.

i can pay up to 1200 a month...i know on long island thats not much to deal with.preferably a 1 bedroom(i was hoping not to be in anyones house)thats why i was thinking bout fairfield or la bonne vie

try the pine hills south in manorville, nice 1 bedroom, big kitchen, washer/dryer for under 1200 i think.
actually my sister lived there with her future husband like 10 ys ago...seemed nice.i will check it out.i like the location near the xpressway and sunrise....i looked at the models a few times but never really inquired? do you know someone who lives there?i heard that the apts. were old and not updated,i am not sure if that is true.I will go out there on my day off thursday! thank you!