Any lawyers out there?

Nope. His firm specializes in wills and thats what he said. I agree though it sounds way to much. I know my parents will cost $600 but that was 20 yrs ago.
I infer that you are implying from your "20 yrs ago" comment that today's cost should be higher.

Not necessarily so. Prices my relatives have paid over the years have gone down considerably over the years — all deceased and wills probated and assets distributed w/o problems.

Also look at stock trade commissions over the past 50 years — gone from a fixed fee plus a percentage of the trade back then to almost nothing (and some have no fees like Schwab for self trading or a flat $25 fee for broker assisted trading)

Even look at price of gasoline: I paid 29.9/gal back in early 60's. Starting pay at retail store used to be $1/hr then and now is $17/hr. Could buy 3gals then or almost 5 gals now for an hours pay.

My attorney who prepared my will 15 years ago resurfaced— He suggested a new simple will ( without trusts, etc. ) would run $500.. Very reasonable and I’m going with that.. Can’t see why I would need something more complicated ( living trust etc.), but will see what he has to say.. My dog is going to be one happy fucker when I am dust.. :)