Another one bites the dust !!!

None of anyone's business. Unless......he was using the Univesity's petty cash.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — A University of Alabama official has resigned after being arrested on a charge of soliciting prostitution.
Tuscaloosa police said Former Vice President of Student Life Myron Pope, 50, is free on $1,000 bond after his arrest Thursday on the misdemeanor charge, news outlets reported.
“I have difficult news to share today. Vice President of Student Life Myron Pope has resigned from the university following his recent arrest,” university President Stuart R. Bell said in a statement emailed Friday.
Pope was among 15 men arrested during a prostitution sting Thursday and Friday, news outlets reported.
Pope told The Associated Press on Monday that he is working on a statement that he probably will release Tuesday.
Capt. Phil Simpson, commander of the West Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force, said in a press release on Saturday that the men had arranged through an app to pay for sex and were arrested after showing up at the agreed location and talking with an undercover officer.

Pope was on the Alabama football team that won the Sugar Bowl after the 1992 season. He earned his bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees at Alabama.
Bell said he will appoint an interim vice president of student life.
Pope was Alabama’s director of recruitment programs/alternative certification and a clinical assistant professor in the higher education administrative program from 1997 to 2000, and became a vice president in May 2020.
A native of Sweet Water, Pope was a walk-on tight end and linebacker under former Alabama coach Gene Stallings. His undergraduate degree was in history and his graduate degrees were in higher education administration.
As head of the school's Division of Student Life, he worked to provide support for students through programs including health and recreation, career counseling, the student center, student media and residential communities.
Before returning to the university he was chief of strategic engagement for the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. He also served 14 years in vice presidential positions at the University of Central Oklahoma.

None of anyone's business. Unless......he was using the Univesity's petty cash.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — A University of Alabama official has resigned after being arrested on a charge of soliciting prostitution.
Tuscaloosa police said Former Vice President of Student Life Myron Pope, 50, is free on $1,000 bond after his arrest Thursday on the misdemeanor charge, news outlets reported.
“I have difficult news to share today. Vice President of Student Life Myron Pope has resigned from the university following his recent arrest,” university President Stuart R. Bell said in a statement emailed Friday.
Pope was among 15 men arrested during a prostitution sting Thursday and Friday, news outlets reported.
Pope told The Associated Press on Monday that he is working on a statement that he probably will release Tuesday.
Capt. Phil Simpson, commander of the West Alabama Human Trafficking Task Force, said in a press release on Saturday that the men had arranged through an app to pay for sex and were arrested after showing up at the agreed location and talking with an undercover officer.

Pope was on the Alabama football team that won the Sugar Bowl after the 1992 season. He earned his bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees at Alabama.
Bell said he will appoint an interim vice president of student life.
Pope was Alabama’s director of recruitment programs/alternative certification and a clinical assistant professor in the higher education administrative program from 1997 to 2000, and became a vice president in May 2020.
A native of Sweet Water, Pope was a walk-on tight end and linebacker under former Alabama coach Gene Stallings. His undergraduate degree was in history and his graduate degrees were in higher education administration.
As head of the school's Division of Student Life, he worked to provide support for students through programs including health and recreation, career counseling, the student center, student media and residential communities.
Before returning to the university he was chief of strategic engagement for the Oklahoma Department of Human Services. He also served 14 years in vice presidential positions at the University of Central Oklahoma.
The South sucks. Anyone retires there be forewarned

If this guy was a billionaire who happened to own a major sports franchise (looking at you Bob Kraft), all charges would be dropped after a few rounds in the courts with the best lawyers money can buy.

This is why I want to retire to VT or Maine
Not me, I've had enough of the winter months.
Besides, Alabama isn't exactly where people from NY flock to retire to.
I’ve got property all the way up near st johnsbury VT. It’s great up there From May through to the end of September. Dirt Roads, tapping tree for maple syrup. It’s quite the life.

But I couldn’t do the winter up there.Shit get like -20 up there in the heart of winter. I’d probably snow bird down south for the winter months. I was thinking maybe eastern Nevada , Reno possibly. Western Texas. Where the dry air would preserve my cars better. And I could drive them around during the winter months (and hit the bunny ranches of course).

4 more years till I’m pension eligible. Can’t wait….

Newyork is a premium brand. Living in the sticks ain’t gonna cut it for long
New York has a vast variety of cultures, food, terrain, “Flushing,” (for obvious reasons, but also for the food) and four distinct seasons, none of them being overly hot, nor overly cold.

After being in “the heat” for three consecutive years, and coming back to New York in early autumn, I almost broke down and cried at the beauty of the crisp air soothing my lungs, and the breathtaking foliage.

I am back in “the heat.” And, have to endure it, but I appreciate New York more than ever.

(But, when I worked the grind for 40 years, battling the LIE, bridges and tunnels, I appreciated it much less. The four seasons were there, but when I lived in my head, I never saw the outside beauty)