Another One Bites The Dust !

I just read that Marion Jones failed a drug screen for EPO and faces a 2 year suspension if the second test is positive.

Any comments on this one....or has the usage of drugs become passe???

seeker6591 said:
I just read that Marion Jones failed a drug screen for EPO and faces a 2 year suspension if the second test is positive.

Any comments on this one....or has the usage of drugs become passe???
What's EPO?

argleby said:
What's EPO?
Its short for epogen I believe. It's a genetically engineered medication that stimulates the production of red blood cells, enhancing the body's ability to transport oxygen to muscles.

It's what Procrit and Aranesp is made of, and is legitimately used to combat anemia caused by chemotherapy and/or kidney disease.

scoochamenz1 said:
who gives a fuck. everyone uses them and always will. who's gonna go watch a bunch of slow sprinters and singles hitters?
Exactly. Let 'em all in. Let science do its work. Eventually, we'll have super robots playing the games anyway.

Last edited:
Mr. Wet Wooly said:
Exactly. Let 'em all in. Let science do its work. Eventually, we'll have super robots playing the games anyway.
you guys really aren't serious are you?

just as a point of equity...you can't have some athletes cheating at the expense of those teams and players that don't. so either everyone is allowed to use these still illegal drugs or none are....it's really that simple.

the playing field must be level.

quite frankly, i have been amazed that other teams in the NL have allowed Bonds and the Giants to cheat all these years...no telling how many games were affected by his antics without a single complaint from the other teams. something is missing...either they were afraid to rock the boat or worse...the problem is more widespread than the public knows about.

finally..this drug abuse among athletes is a cancer growing on competitive sports which if allowed to continue will eventually diminish or destroy all sports affected by this. oh..and i am not referring to the W W F.

donquixote04 said:
Its short for epogen I believe. It's a genetically engineered medication that stimulates the production of red blood cells, enhancing the body's ability to transport oxygen to muscles.

It's what Procrit and Aranesp is made of, and is legitimately used to combat anemia caused by chemotherapy and/or kidney disease.

yes ..its an important adjunct to cancer treatment.....improper usage as a performance enhancer would be equivalent to competing in an event while using a portable oxygen tank during the event. pretty cool huh??

seeker6591 said:
you guys really aren't serious are you?

just as a point of equity...you can't have some athletes cheating at the expense of those teams and players that don't. so either everyone is allowed to use these still illegal drugs or none are....it's really that simple.

the playing field must be level.

quite frankly, i have been amazed that other teams in the NL have allowed Bonds and the Giants to cheat all these years...no telling how many games were affected by his antics without a single complaint from the other teams. something is missing...either they were afraid to rock the boat or worse...the problem is more widespread than the public knows about.

finally..this drug abuse among athletes is a cancer growing on competitive sports which if allowed to continue will eventually diminish or destroy all sports affected by this. oh..and i am not referring to the W W F.

are you kidding me? like bonds was the only one? they let them cheat because it put asses in the seats and dollars in their pockets. do you really think sports is anything more than that? and why is it only bonds who's always singled out? because he doesn't kiss reporters asses? because he's not the "role model" he's supposed to be? they use steroids in high school now. HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!! so please take a reality pill and realize that sports, like hooking and selling cars, is a business and nothing more.

scoochamenz1 said:
are you kidding me? like bonds was the only one? they let them cheat because it put asses in the seats and dollars in their pockets. do you really think sports is anything more than that? and why is it only bonds who's always singled out? because he doesn't kiss reporters asses? because he's not the "role model" he's supposed to be? they use steroids in high school now. HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!! so please take a reality pill and realize that sports, like hooking and selling cars, is a business and nothing more.

i think you missed the point.

either no one cheats or everyone cheats...its that simple.

btw.the last time i looked, the NFL seems to be doing quite fine with a pretty tight testing program. they game is great without a prevalance of juicers.

if you think no one is juicing in the NFL you're nuts. not getting caught is not the same as not using. and my point is, they should all use them. let the clubs pay for them and for research to make it safer. and i'm still waiting for someone to explain why bonds is the only poster boy for this whole charade. oh, and there's still no test for human growth hormone that i know of.

scoochamenz1 said:
if you think no one is juicing in the NFL you're nuts. not getting caught is not the same as not using. and my point is, they should all use them. let the clubs pay for them and for research to make it safer. and i'm still waiting for someone to explain why bonds is the only poster boy for this whole charade. oh, and there's still no test for human growth hormone that i know of.

1. the NFL is much cleaner and the product is the best in pro sports.

2."they should all use them"..simply a ridiculous proposition..in fact most of these substances are controlled and illegal in all 50 states so regardless of what a league says....its just not feASIBLE. Its a dumb idea and will destroy competitive sports.

3. FUCK BARRY BONDS...he does not even deserve to mentioned in the same sentence with Aaron,Ruth, Mays, Mantle...he is a clown.

continued...

seeker6591 said:
3. FUCK BARRY BONDS...he does not even deserve to mentioned in the same sentence with Aaron,Ruth, Mays, Mantle...he is a clown.

he is a clown......

a circus freak amongst some truly great players who really belongs in the Ringling circus like the bearded lady rather than MLB.

fortunately, his body seems to be giving way such his playing staus is in doubt, irregardless of wheter he is indicted or not.

Last edited:
i wasn't talking about mays, mantle, aaron or the rest. i was talking about all the other musclebound freaks who are playing now. fuck bonds is right. fuck all of pro and most major colleg sports too. it's just a fucking money grab and it amazes me that anyone can actually be bothered with any of it. pro sports has NOTHING to do with sportsmanship and everything to do with money. you don't even see sportsmanship on tv anymore. it's all in your face, look at me and my fucking sneakers. you want to change it? start hammering at the kiddie level and get the psycho parents out of sports as much as you can. way too late to change adult habits.