Acronyms

genius said:
In my grandfather's day she used to be called a Negroid Woman, in my father's day, a Colored Woman. In my day, that too became politcally incorrect and she would be called a Black Woman. Today the "approved" reference is a Woman of Color (WOC).

I have no idea who is the authority that works out the new terms or how it is determined that one decriptive term becomes offensive and must be replaced by a new improved one.
To quote Eddie Murphy

Many of today's blacks prefer the term

'Jungle Bunny'.

Women of Color actually refers to any female that is not Caucasian.

Ostensibly, it usually refers to Black and Latina women.

But I have met Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi women who also use the term, though I would say they tend to be politically active on the Left side of the aisle.

A few Asian women also use that term WOC. But the majority simply prefer the catch all term "Asian."

I do not understand the reference to Jungle Bunny in the post above mine.
offensive.

question

Sorry, i am new and some basic questions. I see a lot of mention of different newspapers.

QT - Queens Tribune
WJ - World Journal
ND - Newsday

what is ST and AP Press and are there others ?
Where do you find some of these papers such as WJ? I once found a QT in a citibank but that was it and haven't seen since.
Please help.

Last edited:
HJS - plural of HJ (manual intervention)
CJBS is probably a mistype of CBJS which is a plural of CBJ (covered oral)
OTP? - No fucking clue.....

packman50 said:
OTP? OTC is "over the counter". Perhaps it's some variation of that phrase.
I always thought that OTC meant OFF Target Cum, i.e. when you intend to give someone a facial and miss and hit her hair or chest instead.

Last edited:
St Wj

Open Mind said:
Sorry, i am new and some basic questions. I see a lot of mention of different newspapers.

QT - Queens Tribune
WJ - World Journal
ND - Newsday

what is ST and AP Press and are there others ?
Where do you find some of these papers such as WJ? I once found a QT in a citibank but that was it and haven't seen since.
Please help.
ST is the Chinese Newspaper - Sing Tao
pronounced "sing-doe"

WJ is a Chinese newspaper also.

Under the Radar -- extremely discreet, no or minimum publicity.

From what I've seen here roundeyes have a very hard time getting in Chinese places.

Written Chinese, being ideographs, is equally readable by Cantonese or Mandarin speakers. The greatest number are Mandarin speakers. Two Chinese who can't talk to each other can pass each other notes.

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/chinese.htm