Accused 16 Year Old Female Pimp Speaks To Phoenix Media

This girl seems like she has a head on her shoulders, not sure why she is talking to the media with a felony charge hanging on her. She must not be listening to her attorneys.
I think she is blaming it on her friend. Trying to pass for a victim. She can't even fake crying. I didn't believe her a bit. I hope that justice will not be fooled.

They should use the "Junior Achievement" defense.
"Achievment" depends on whether their operation was making money. Supposedly, these pimpettes rented an apartment and recruited their 16 year old classmates in addition to prostituting themselves. It sounds like a somewhat sophisticated operation.

There are interesting age of consent arguments that can be made, because usually when minors are involved, they are being exploited by adults. Here you have minor exploiting minors. I would be interested to know how old their clients were and what they were charging in evaluating such a possible defense.

If you are a defense attorney you have to argue something. I understand the "follower" argument and it could be a good one, but I still don't think voice should be given to it directly to the media. Letting your client give voluntary out of court statements only gives ammunition to the prosecution.

Last edited:
Age of consent laws are arbitrary and idiotic. People mature at different speeds. One, not all 16 year-olds are equal. Two, it's pretty ridiculous to set an age of consent. As if the night before their birthday they are not mature enough to consent, but the next day they are... Finally, these laws don't reflect reality. Sex is natural. Birds do it, bees do it, teens do it to.

Age of consent laws are arbitrary and idiotic. People mature at different speeds. One, not all 16 year-olds are equal. Two, it's pretty ridiculous to set an age of consent. As if the night before their birthday they are not mature enough to consent, but the next day they are... Finally, these laws don't reflect reality. Sex is natural. Birds do it, bees do it, teens do it to.
Maybe, but if you're going to have a law there has to be a number, and there's going to be a law. That will not change. The laws are there to prevent adults having sex with teens, not sex between teens (most teens; try being 18 and caught doing a 13).

This girl's being foolish. I think she's advertising her willingness to flip on her friend.

Last edited:
Everything changes eventually.

One, I don't think there should be a law (and in some places there aren't). Second, even if there is a law, why do you "have to have a number"? Ecuador doesn't have one. They go case by case. Seems to make the most sense to me, but then again, I don't want the government in my or anyone else's bedroom.

No offense to Equador, but if you're going to have a law, you have to have a number.

Otherwise, you can't know if you're breaking the law or not -- not until AFTER you do it, when the judge (or whoever) makes the "case by case" determination.

Can an 8 year old effectively consent to sex with an adult?
No, unless you belong to Warren Jeffs' religion which believes that sex with minors is not only appropriate, but essentially a religious obligation. Jeffs has fucked numerous minors. Whether or not the minor consents is irrelevant, because it is her "duty" to fuck the man to whom she is arranged or assigned to be married.

It's not an accident that all these cases are coming out of the same area of the western US.

Last edited:
I drew a line at effective consent, not any arbitrary age.

For a criminal statute, don't you think it's safer for all involved to have a bright line, so you know where you stand without having to worry about how some factfinder who wasn't there at the time is going to interpret the facts?
This is a lame argument. As it stands this EXACTLY how rape laws work. If a woman says you had sex with her without her consent, and there is evidence to that effect, you are (theoretically) going to jail.

You "know where you stand" as long as you only have sex with people who effectively consent.

But if you're saying that an 8 year old could never "effectively" consent (apparently because she's too young to consent "effectively"), how do you know whose consent is going to be "effective"? The 8 year old could do and say the same thigns as a 16 year old, but because she's 8, you'd say her consent isn't "effective". What if she's 12? 14? How do you know at what point in her life the consent will be deemed "effective"? Isn't it better to just choose a number?