About this section

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
It was speculated that there was a desire to have a personals section on UG. I'm not sure how long this is going to stay up, but one of the major determning factors is going to be how well the participants stick to the rules.

Rules:

1) The rule about no contact information being posted not only stays in force for this section, but will be EXTRA enforced.

2) If you wish to "contact" an ad poster, you may post in the thread, and at some time as both parties want to hook up, we will figure out how to get the two of you together with eachother OR you may send an e*mail to to service at utopiaguide dot com and we will post it for you (just be very specific, as in 4) below)

3) You may use a pseudonym to post ads or respond to ads in this section.

4) If either you don't have enough posts to start a thread, or you wish to post anonymously (either the original posting or a response), we will do it for you, so if you see posts here by myself or UG Staff, etc. , be aware that there is a good chance that these are being posted for another member.

Simply send an e*mail to service at utopiaguide dot com, and be very specific as to
a)whether it's a new post or a response to someone else's post (and if it's a response to someone else's post, please identify exactly which thread)
b) what you want to say, and
c) how you want to be identitied

5) All thread titles must be unique and meaningful. Posting like "looking for girl" or "seeking wealthy guy" will be deleted.

6) If anyone tries to use this section for business purposes to try to get around our contact requirements, I would not want to be them: there is NOTHING which we will consoder "off the table" as far as what we will do in response.

This is a great idea! I just hope that the male to female ratio doesn't make this section too redundant. Could you separate the section by sex in case a situation arises where you have to weed through a bunch of posts by men to get to the occasional post by a woman.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
A sort of unique thing about meeting someone via this mechanism is that you can go back and read all of the past UG posts of anyone in whom you are potentially interested...going back for years. I guess you could learn A WHOLE LOT more about someone that way than by reading the (self-serving) self-descriptions people supply on conventional social/dating sites.

-Ww

A sort of unique thing about meeting someone via this mechanism is that you can go back and read all of the past UG posts of anyone in whom you are potentially interested...going back for years. I guess you could learn A WHOLE LOT more about someone that way than by reading the (self-serving) self-descriptions people supply on conventional social/dating sites.

-Ww
Yeah, search me out here and let me know if you think I am for you.

I had to break the ice and post in this section. I think it's a great idea Slinky! Perhaps you should charge like 5 bucks a post so people can post some contact info or something.

You're the boss, SB.

But why not just allow PM'ing by logged-in members of this board? Not that I'd likely use it myself, but on some other Jelsoft Bulletin boards that I have subscribed to it is allowed, and I have sometimes used it.

Since I often visit this board without logging in, just to see what's new, I notice that it the intro notice to non-subscribers points out that they have only restricted access and urges them to register so that they can make use of the board's features -- and it specifically refers to PM'ing. Odd, since you don't allow it. An oversight, Slinky, or plain old false advertising??

Regards,

[the nearly-late] EarlyRiser

Last edited: