Abbreviated MLB season

billyS

Reign of Terror
I know all the other sports open up the playoffs for half the league but I don't think the nature of baseball lends itself to a longer post season. Just MHO

I know all the other sports open up the playoffs for half the league but I don't think the nature of baseball lends itself to a longer post season. Just MHO
That's a good point, as is your earlier one about 162 games giving time for the cream to rise to the top. There is something about baseball that fits the long season, shorter post-season model.

Kelly has a history of throwing at batters.
He started the fight with the Yankees a few years ago.
He does have a bit of a history, but how much of that is a factor in suspending him 8 games when he didn't even hit any Astros batters?

If someone throws at Judge and misses, does Manfred suspend the guy for 8 games as well? Or are the Astros a protected class because they signed up for MLB's Witnesses Protection Program?

Joe Kelly suspended 8 games for not even hitting any Astros players last night. In a 60 game season, that's equivalent to a 21 game suspension.

No Astros have been suspended for cheating on their way to a World Series Championship.

Fuck Rob Manfred.
Chris Russo brought up good points about Kelly being the guy to throw at him. considering he was on the cheating redsox with their cheating mgr.

They won't finish the season. It was stupid the way they planned it. Initially they were going to do like the NHL and play in 2 cities in a bubble. Now they got teams traveling into and outta fucking hot zones. Is anyone surprised a Florida team got the virus?
I don't want them coming into NYC to play. They need to play all their games in a neutral place like Brazil is the DR.
The Mets fucking suck! Get rid of the Wilpons & Brody.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Looking at the standings this morning, it would seem the American League has been beating up on the National League.

I'm sure someone could find the exact numbers, but I'm guessing on this based on the fact that there are more teams under .500 on the Senior circuit.
In fact as of today there would be two teams in the NL under .500 making the playoffs.

To be fair, if the GM' s of the NL teams knew on the off season they'd be using the DH all year they might have constructed their rosters differently.