Abbreviated MLB season

One more thing in sports in general and the Yanks. I know the Yank Yanks are the favorites to win it all this year, and they probably should be. I hear on the radio all the time that the winners of every sport, she have an asterisk next to it for this season. Thats bullshit. If The Yankees win it all this ear, you will not hear that from me at all. Every team has the same route. If they win it, it will be well deserved just like any other team.

Oh LW ... YOU ARE BEGGING BEGGING BEGGING for something to come out. I am going to guess that you will be disappointed ... yet again. But being a Mets fan - it is something I am sure you are used to. Keep swinging for the fences!

billyS

Reign of Terror
One more thing in sports in general and the Yanks. I know the Yank Yanks are the favorites to win it all this year, and they probably should be. I hear on the radio all the time that the winners of every sport, she have an asterisk next to it for this season. Thats bullshit. If The Yankees win it all this ear, you will not hear that from me at all. Every team has the same route. If they win it, it will be well deserved just like any other team.
Nah, I'm going to say it now. Big asterisk for this year
Come on 60 games? Players sitting out if they test positive. All bets are off.

Oh LW ... YOU ARE BEGGING BEGGING BEGGING for something to come out. I am going to guess that you will be disappointed ... yet again. But being a Mets fan - it is something I am sure you are used to. Keep swinging for the fences!
NO, I really dont want it to come out that it was something big. I really dont. I am a baseball fan, and the Astros cheating is one thing, Fuck them. But if it came out the the mighty Yanks, did the same? It would not be good. The biggest and best franchise in the history of Baseball? It really wouldnt want it. If Aaron Hicks got suspended for betting on Baseball, he is thrown out of BB forever, who cares. Pete Rose did it, he is one of the Kings of BB, it is huge news. Same thing with the Yanks. And I have mentioned many times, how much respect I have for the Yanks, I just dont root for them. Therefore I dont want it to come out that they did something bad...

Nah, I'm going to say it now. Big asterisk for this year
Come on 60 games? Players sitting out if they test positive. All bets are off.
Well, being a yank fan is a little different. You are used to winning. If the Mets ever won it this year, I will be just as happy going through it, and be just as happy, as it is what it is. But I do see both sides.

This whole year is a farce. Nobody will really give this any credence.
Steve, if you are saying its a farce, do you then think they should not play and just cancel the season? I know opening day, Cole is on the mound, you will be watching it.... I really think you will get into it as the season progresses.

Mets have questions in their starting pitching after Degromm. Hopefully Stroman and Matz step up. We could sure use Syndergaard and Wheeler. Our lineup barring injury should be fun to watch. Familia sucks hopefully Diaz and Betances come through. #LFGM

pokler

Power Bottom
So Steve, please stop talking about the Astros... They were both cheaters.
It's a joke that your article mentions the Astros and Red Sox and Yankees in the same breath as Black Sox for dramatic effect. The former were breaking rules to win the later were losing on purpose for money payoff.

if your respond is cheating is cheating then I guess you think crime is crime even tho one crime can be jay walking and another be murder.

It's a joke that your article mentions the Astros and Red Sox and Yankees in the same breath as Black Sox for dramatic effect. The former were breaking rules to win the later were losing on purpose for money payoff.

if your respond is cheating is cheating then I guess you think crime is crime even tho one crime can be jay walking and another be murder.
Its not my article. I just posted them because guys here said they didnt here anything about it. Of coarse I do not compare the 3 teams you mentioned to the Black Sox.

Personally I would like a shorter season anyway.
It would never happen of course.
I just think it goes on too long.
I do like the Dh for both leagues. It makes sense with all of these high priced pitching possibly getting hurt running the bases like Tanaka did in a meaningless game.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Michael King looks like a completely different pitcher than what I saw in his ML debut last year in Texas.

Really good command with his fastball.

Personally I would like a shorter season anyway.
It would never happen of course.
I just think it goes on too long.
I do like the Dh for both leagues. It makes sense with all of these high priced pitching possibly getting hurt running the bases like Tanaka did in a meaningless game.
I agree, a shorter season would be more exciting in some ways. On the other hand, it would be a big change from the traditional ways of Baseball, which always had nearly daily games, many of them meaningless.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I agree, a shorter season would be more exciting in some ways. On the other hand, it would be a big change from the traditional ways of Baseball, which always had nearly daily games, many of them meaningless.
They are only meaningless if both teams are already eliminated.
But 162 games gives the season integrity.
Most of the time the cream will rise to the top.
That's not to say a mediocre team in an inferior division can't get hot at the end of the season and ride it thru the playoffs.