Abbreviated MLB season

billyS

Reign of Terror
So now they are talking about an 81 game season starting in July with 14 teams make the playoffs.
It will also be regional with the the games staying in your division and the like division of the other league.
DH in NL

If that's what happens I'd say all bets are off for previous predictions.

The 162 game season is what separates the really good teams. Any team can get off to a hot start, and this year that can jump a bad team into the playoffs.

Also it will be harder for teams from the East to both get a wild card or home field advantage for playoff as there are some really good teams in bother the NL East and AL East.

Playing only 1/2 season is going to be weird. Teams really can't afford any long losing streaks.I think the Nationals though were horrible in like their first 50 games...and they win it all last year. Pitching staffs/ bullpens will be managed differently too j assume.

Every season should be 82. This will just prove season is to long. Hopefully it will go back to regular start time next year and will end before it gets in the way of the NFL.

So now they are talking about an 81 game season starting in July with 14 teams make the playoffs.
It will also be regional with the the games staying in your division and the like division of the other league.
DH in NL

If that's what happens I'd say all bets are off for previous predictions.

The 162 game season is what separates the really good teams. Any team can get off to a hot start, and this year that can jump a bad team into the playoffs.

Also it will be harder for teams from the East to both get a wild card or home field advantage for playoff as there are some really good teams in bother the NL East and AL East.
This will play in the Yankees favor as nearly everyone will be heathy. Any idea as to German’s status?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Every season should be 82. This will just prove season is to long. Hopefully it will go back to regular start time next year and will end before it gets in the way of the NFL.
No way the owners give up half the revenue.
I like the longer season and less teams in the playoffs.

Baseball, basketball and hockey all need longer seasons cause they over pay players and get 60-70% actual attendance. Then their star players sit out half the season with injuries. Baseball has been trying to make the sport more exciting and faster for years and have failed.

I love baseball (less so the way it's been played the last 4-5 years. HR or strike out) but 162 is way too long. In fact 82 in the NHL and NBA is too long but only by 10-15 games or so. MLB can easily be 125 games or so and expand the playoffs. NYC is spoiled with Yanks but how about half the league when by the All-Star game the team is totally out of a spot and the stadium is empty and the team mails it in. How is that enjoyable for 162? Then there isn't even a great payoff to a shitty season where you get a great pick and get to watch the draft. No you have to wait till the middle of next season when it's a combo of many thing determining your order. MLB needs to get with the times